Note to New Members ×

Coiler Nirvana Energy 170 - Tight Radius - SOLD!

Keenan

7 minutes ago, davekempmeister said:

how about a pic of the Lincoln ?   1970 ?,  plus/minus.   you can rent it out for scenes in mob movies.

1979 Town Car, the last year of the gas sucking dinosaurs.  I'm thinking about hanging a hammock in the trunk.

IMG_20170127_145715880.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Keenan said:

Sorry,  built 2015 for a 180 lb. rider.  20cm waist.  Sidewall says "170 NFCE 015 KH 6-7+5"

I'm just curious if anyone knows how to decipher Coiler's sidewall codes without bothering Bruce.  The 015 is the year built, but I don't know what the KH 6-7+5 indicates.  I have a Nirvana built in 014 that says PD 6-6+5.  Bruce said mine was built for a 175 lb rider.

The initials of the buyer are there as in KH. 6.7+5 is a flex measurement plus 

the amount of decamber  IIRC. The stiffness # changes for every length and how much coffee Bruce is on,so it’s hard to figure out and compare with different length boards. Always best to ask Bruce. He’s always happy to reply. 

Not sure what the T6 means in the other pic T is for titanal no idea what the 6 means

15 hours ago, Keenan said:

Sorry,  built 2015 for a 180 lb. rider.  20cm waist.  Sidewall says "170 NFCE 015 KH 6-7+5"

Thanks to all who replied about the code.  The stiffness codes appear consistent.  My NFC 170 built for 175 lbs says 6.6, and Keenan's 170 NFCE built for 180 lbs says 6.7, so one point higher for a little higher weight range.

Keenan - sorry to divert your thread.  Based on the responses,

This board is still available

Edited by Wolf

25 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

Other than "tight", do know what the scr actually is?

I have no idea.  When I ordered it I told Bruce that I wanted a board to handle narrower runs that really likes to turn.   I know it is variable sidecut, and it likes to be on edge.  It also looks really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 5:10 PM, LambertoMI said:

Like the board, but want to know the specs.  SCR and the taper from nose to tail.  I have a Nirvana 181 that has a heavy taper.

Thanks

Lamberto

Nose width 26.75.  Tail width 25.5.  Much less taper than my Proteus.  I don't know SCR, I'm pretty sure there are three and they are slightly smaller numbers than the standard Nirvana.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked for as tight a single radius as possible on a 174 with a soft front,, because that is what I like to ride.  Bruce made a 11.0 for me, and for metal, it flexes more than a glass.   So the metal 11 turns like a glass 10.  He was correct.    

As for that board not selling,  lets see a real good pic of the hit.   Fuzzy pics scare me, Ive learned the hard way.  Good pics sell the board.

5 hours ago, ktv said:

My Nirvana was built with the tight radius, and Bruce quoted it as 10.5/12.7/12.

hmm...  I have an AM "XT"  ("T" for tight) with a 9/11/10 sidecut.  Actually, Bruce also had the same indication of the "T" on my cousin's board which has the same VSR sidecut.    Bruce also offers an SL sidecut of 8.5/10/9m, I guess what Corey refers to as an XXT.  The 10.5/12.7/12 is more of a 'standard' sidecut - intuitively this is not a 'tight' sidecut, and I don't think Bruce put a T anywhere in the Serial Number of my Nirvana to indicate it as such.  Just my ignorant (perhaps incorrect) 2 cents.     

Edited by Missionman