Note to New Members ×

An introduction to Northwave hardboots

WinterGold

No really, it is.  The shell is a new shape both in fit and cosmetics. I compared them in person.  I mean yeah, it's still a 3 piece boot with buckles and the dumb forward lean selector, so there's no quantum leap in technology, but I have to assume they made new molds.  You can see some of the differences for yourself in the BOL store.

I just looked on a big screen. All I see is different buckles and addition of the power strap. There also might be an insert in the hole behind the top buckle on 425 that other ones might not have. But nothing really that would indicate a new mold...

Wrong comparison.  The 700 is obviously not from the same mold as the 425.

Need to compare the 425 to the 325.  These DO look like they are from the same mold:

Yeah I just said that.  BlueB seemed to be saying he couldn't see a difference between the 425 and 700.

Thank god I now have an upgrade path that doesn't involve the 700's ridiculous self-destructing ankle rivets/bolts.

• Like 1

Yeah I just said that.  BlueB seemed to be saying he couldn't see a difference between the 425 and 700.

Thank god I now have an upgrade path that doesn't involve the 700's ridiculous self-destructing ankle rivets/bolts.

yup, just saw that.  wish there was a duh button  :freak3:  :eplus2:

When I was in Argentina, ten years ago, these Falcons were everywhere, many looking like they were fresh of the New Car lot I think Ford started making these there in '62, and didn't stop until the mid-90's [? not sure when they were discontinued?] .  But the 425-styled boot shell was first on my feet 22 years ago, and I've gone through 6 pairs in various forms since. It would be interesting (if I still had them) to compare the new 425 to my old Nagano Race version, but those were 18 years back.  Now, I'm certain of this, though.  Evolution is a good thing, up until it leads to a dead-end. 

Careful Jack, my experience with the Track325(my old SB323 boots) ankle pivots were that they self destructed far worse/easier than my AF 600/Suzuka/Track700 ankle pivots! Granted, I have not ridden the newer Track225/325/425, so perhaps they have remedied the problem. Also keep in mind that you are probably a more aggressive rider than me and get to ride more too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd be willing to bet a hazelwood that the same people who have been buying the NOS Northwaves, are the ones who will be redesigning these boots.

No. Those guys are from Italy. We are from Switzerland  :biggthump

So, who gets the Hazelwood?