Note to New Members ×

heard it in the lift line 2013-14

theboarderdude

I was making wide turns on an empty run on Friday when I hear a yell behind me, and a straightlining skier screams past between me and the trees, yelling over his shoulder as he goes "Why don't you ride properly and stop f&%$*#g around?"

Okay, dude. Why don't you go down the other side of the 250 ft wide run - you know, the side that has NOBODY on it?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was making wide turns on an empty run on Friday when I hear a yell behind me, and a straightlining skier screams past between me and the trees, yelling over his shoulder as he goes "Why don't you ride properly and stop f&%$*#g around?"

Okay, dude. Why don't you go down the other side of the 250 ft wide run - you know, the side that has NOBODY on it?

Guess he never read the skier's responsibility code...downhill skier/rider has right of way. There's a rotten one in every bunch ;)

Pointing at my 4807 in the lift line on a powder day: "Does that come apart and turn into skis?"

I can't wait to get some comments on my O-Sin 4807. I had my Dynastar 3800 out as an afternoon crud buster and people were like "WHOA! And old school powder board!" It's true that it's "old school" being over 10 years old.

Few days ago, on my Pure Carve Maverick woody: "That must be a sick poder board!" :)

---

Yesterday, on AMT 177, loading on a quad with a fellow instructor and his chatty 10 year old student:

Kid, suddenly noticing my board: "This, this... This!?!", pointing, with eyes wide open.

Instructor: "Yeah, THAT one!"

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing new or special this year so far, however, last weekend 3 of us hardbooters are getting on the lift, while the liftie approached us and said:

"did you guys ever try real snowboards?"...wow!

Response: "No, way too scared."

About to sit in the chair and a completely matching (head to toe) snowboarder in the line yells, "Does that thing have a stomp-pad?!"

:freak3: (Black spikey DaKine pad is plainly in view)

My son turns to me and says that's the most odd question you've ever had, you should post it in that thread. Done.

Interesting day today...

A Russian got mad a me because I went to the singles line and he though it started at the back of everybody, and I wouldn't move. So he yelled at me as he stood there and I got on a chair.

Some southern dude asked "is that a ski AND a snowboard?" ...what?...

I had a funny conversation with a stubborn girl while waiting for nastar, she was under 7 or 8, so I was ok with it. She kept asking what certain parts of my setup were, and I would tell her, and then she would say "no it's not"

At Tremblant on a nasty flat traverse I was passing a whole bunch of snowboarders who were stuck ... one snowboard girl, frustrated, looked at me as I passed her sitting on the trail and asked "what are those?" I answered "a snowboard" and her response was all smiles and a "that's awesome!" Yeah - it was awesome!

At Bachelor this morning: "Is that one of them snow snakes"? No, that's not a typo... he said "snow snakes", not "snow skates".

Yesterday AM, riding my black ptex topped NSR 183 with a black plate, I got "look, it's a Darth Vader board". Gotta admit, that's a great name for the board - tall, cloaked in black, and armored!

Mike, they do exist. Mt Bachelor was home ski area to a guy that developed the "Snow Skate" many years ago. Think of a very rockered skwal , he made quite a few over they years and he and his band of skiers/riders "Snow Snakers" ripped around the PNW quite regularly. I saw my first one on Mt Hood 20 some years ago. He road into old age and I believe he has passed away a few years back. I have several in the collection. It had a very interesting binding arrangement also.

So, the person asking was someone that probably knew of them.

Bryan

What no pic? Isn't your colection still online somewhere?

Great info. Sounds similar to the carving rig that Gilmore took into the trees a few years back. Teleboard maybe?

What no pic? Isn't your colection still online somewhere?

Great info. Sounds similar to the carving rig that Gilmore took into the trees a few years back. Teleboard maybe?

Been a few years since the majority of the photos went away when I changed server/host sites.

I do have some photos though.

post-198-141842406677_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842406671_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842406676_thumb.jpg

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

And speaking of Darth Vader...

Last week on the lift with an 17-ish couple:

Guy: "Is that thing fast?"

Me: "Are you kidding? It made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs!"

Girl: "The Kessel Run.. Is, that the run over under Lift 4?"

Me chuckling: "Uh, No... remember Star Wars? Harrison Ford? Han Solo? Luke Skywalker?

Guy: "Noo...?"

Me: Yeah, never mind... the board's VERY fast and turns like it's on rails!"

Both: "Cool!"

:smashfrea

I'm not a Star Wars fan and I'd probably have a blank face too, but isn't a parsec a unit of distance?

Dude... it's a seminal quote from the film... I'm just going to ruin the whole thing:

http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsglossaryandfaq/a/Star-Wars-Faq_Why-Did-Han-Solo-Say-He-Made-The-Kessel-Run-In-12-Parsecs.htm