Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

5 hours ago, dgCarve said:

I wonder if anyone has picture of nice tracks in bad conditions, bumpy + icy + steep. Living nice tracks on nicely groomed runs feels like a cheating 😁 ...

P.S. Yes, am jealous  - 85% of my riding happens in very bad conditions.... 🤣

One can definitely carve in crap conditions, but the tracks don’t lay down all pretty-like as with fresh groom or pow.

On 1/27/2020 at 3:56 PM, softbootsurfer said:

1st 3 today were exceptional...the rest were too 🌎👣🏄‍♂️😀

1st 3.jpg

Actually very interesting tracks and not very common for free carvers. More for racers. Reminds me skiers' carving - most of the pressure is done in the apex. Almost no pressure at the beginning and end of the turns. Good skiers can control speed very well by carving like that.

18 minutes ago, queequeg said:

One can definitely carve in crap conditions, but the tracks don’t lay down all pretty-like as with fresh groom or pow.

Fore sure, but by some reason I could not find even a single video on youtube of free carving in bad conditions. Worst conditions I found were slightly bumpy soft or slushy snow, or perfectly flat but icy groomed runs... I look for that to see what I may need to practice...

• Like 1