Note to New Members ×

Gromel brand alpine boards ?

SteveInOregon

Steve... umm... not quite sure what to do with you. You really need to read the rules of each forum here before you post again in any of them. This place is not a free-for-all. These forums have been around since 2000, and have matured over time. We do not use them as internet rumpus rooms. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and respect.

This thread is all over the place! Can we please avoid any more posts that don't have something to do with Gromel?

Sorry Jack ( & Fin ) and all You guys, I do not purposefully mean to be a trouble maker, lol.:o

I started the Gromel thing and really would like to finish it off.

Question: How many of you would demo one if you could or are You entirely satisfied with what is available ?

2nd question: I asked a few replies ago if a Kessler is ride able for a newer HB'er who is not a GS type aggressive rider, is a Kessler in general a good cruiser or is it to much for an every day rider ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

OK Guys

I'm one of the owners of Gromel company

Price: We are not making any business over head as of right now

Considering we are new name on American market

We are using board for the year or less and selling boards for material cost.

GROMEL IS NOT BUSINESS PROJECT

We have had snowboard production business before and did not like that.

We are laboratory not the factory.

It is why price are so cheep

By the way for you who want to purchuase US product

Gromel buld in Ohio :-)

We are currenly building boards with titanal and looking for riders

Any questions

please let me know

post-10199-141842338879_thumb.jpg

Gorgeus!

I'd test ride such a beauty anytime and buy if I liked it.

Drop me an email (your's is not enabled) to:

boris at blueb dot biz

I would imaggine all Bomberites would love to hear at least basic specs, if not a bit more.

What you're paying for when you buy a snowboard or ski is, in large part, tooling and time. And when you're dealing with small manufacturers, you also get the option of a custom-made product; there's no way you're gonna get that from one of the big manufacturers unless you're a world cup racer.

don't forget knowledge and experience.

I like the look of your new design, how does it ride?

If you need any more test pilots I'd be happy to see what they are capable of.

Thanks for showing up and defending your product, some people here are quick to pass judgement based on their own skewed opinions.

This is a review or maybe more of testimonial about Gromel boards. I'm in Ohio and have had a chance to ride with the builder a couple of times and ride one of his wider, EC style, boards for an hour or so on really nice packed power day. But while I carve well for an Ohio guy, my skills are not in the same league as some of you big mountain guys/gals. And I'm a cheap old guy and like my old boards (I ride a Heavy Tools Lizard 163, a Generics IQ 170, some Burtons, etc. - stuff many of you would rate as suitable to make benches out of). So my ability to judge how the Gromel compares with something else is limited.

That said, the board I rode locked into a turn very nicely, seemed solidly made, and was thoroughly enjoyable. I haven't bought one because on a tiny hill, I get plenty of enjoyment out of the boards I ride, and I seem to prefer a little narrower board than the wide Gromel I tried. I would say that the demo/used Gromel boards that show up really cheap on ebay might have a bit of a handcrafted look versus a high volume production board. Things like some dimples in the base under the inserts. But as the owner said in his post, consider his operation more of a board development lab than a production operation. He seems like a passionate guy building a 100% hand made product here in the U.S.A.

Gorgeus!

I'd test ride such a beauty anytime and buy if I liked it.

Drop me an email (your's is not enabled) to:

boris at blueb dot biz

I would imaggine all Bomberites would love to hear at least basic specs, if not a bit more.

my email gromel30@hotmail.com

I might be in 7spring PA this Weekend

Are you very far away or you arround this area?

:-)

Sorry Jack ( & Fin ) and all You guys, I do not purposefully mean to be a trouble maker, lol.:o

Congrads Steve you are the first person in my 8 years of being on this forum to have offended me.

Read the rules and watch what you say.:mad:

Your apology followed with an lol is not really an apology

Shred - there are a few of us who usually ride at Snowtrails in Mansfield. That's where we've met up with Aleksey from Gromel. Three of the other guys have bought Gromel boards (one custom build, two demo/used). A couple have ridden one of those beautiful 185ish GS boards shown in the picture a few posts back (I was too chicken :) considering the hill was pretty cluttered with slow moving skiers - I knew I wouldn't be able to give it the speed it would need for a proper try).

So if not this year, maybe we can all get together next year. One of our little group is an instructor who might be able to get you a freebie ticket too.

....Wolf

If the swelling in my foot goes down to get it into the boot..I'll be at the trails on Sunday by 10:00am maybe even if not just to take a look at them and shoot the breeze.. bout an hour 30 minute drive door to door.. even if its raining I'll ride if I can deal with the pain..

Maybe we sit around and do some bench carving!! :biggthump