Note to New Members ×

On Snow October

Michelle

Timberline has more or less been open all along up above, today they opened the lower lifts for the start of the "Winter" season. 31" of new snow in the past few days. Meadows is waiting to see. Hopefully it doesn't get rained on and or warm up allot.

Photo is from Portland today, Mt Hood looks much better with a blanket of new snow!

post-198-141842324198_thumb.jpg

Last time I checked it was still called SNOWboarding and not ICEboarding.

I think repetition and practice will make you a good rider, just like it will with almost everything else.

Why does this argument still go on? The snow and mountains out west are far superior to anything out east.

'Nuff said.

today at Lovey. Dang good snow for second weekend with 16 runs open. The sheriff ordered up some blue skies with little to no wind. Those in attendance were ripping like it was way later in the season. The Coco Porter was flowing and tasty. Overall a killer day. By all the grins I saw today there should be a lot of sunburned teeth.

Ink

Ohh yeah, feeling burn.:flamethro I've always done what you've suggested my friend. I blame it on bad teaching which leads to bad habbits.:ices_ange

Hey man, just a little ribbing, don't take it personally. But I do think you should ride more. I don't recall giving you any lessons. Didn't you do the Waterville Valley race program? Isn't that run by some well-respected racing veterans?

Snowrider,

When you pick a region for USASA, you are only picking for the region you want to qualify for nationals from. You can race in any region in the US with no worries, only your point from your chosen region will count toward nationals.

In other words, use the races not in your region as training and acquiring swag.

Ink

OK, the intermountain series hasn't changed since I last coached. Competitors travel between UT, WY and ID to hit their events to qualify for Nationals. Learn more http://www.usasa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=218

We did a couple of their events as well as the Aspen/Snowmass series, Copper Mtn series and SOS Series which is no longer active that was out of Vail/Beaver Creek.

Back on topic, I am beat from riding yesterday but the big grin won't wipe off my face. Can't wait for next sunday to arrive for more slip sliding goodness.

Ink