Note to New Members ×

Wtf 2011?

Not to rub it in... oh hell, yes to rub it in... Here's Dave demonstrating some of what you miss being injured in the fall (and not living here).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zykj-rWmbS4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zykj-rWmbS4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, was it displaced much? I did a number on mine a few years ago. Even with a plate I was still recovering at 12 weeks. It happened at the end of March (snowboarding), so luckily I had all summer to heal for the next riding season. Hope you have better luck with recovery time, else it'll be SES before you're cleared. :)

However... he still rode 3-4 days (if that many) after getting put back together (plate and screws). As I remember, he needed a little less than 100,000 vertical feet to capture the most vertical ridden at WMR for the season. So Angry Rick and I would ride as blockers to protect him from someone else colliding into him. And yes he did get the Big Vert for that season.

Early season snow in the video was excellent! I had not ridden a soft gear/freestyle set up in many many years. The turns were very surfy and so fun!

Cheers to all, dredman

Paul, was it displaced much? I did a number on mine a few years ago. Even with a plate I was still recovering at 12 weeks. It happened at the end of March (snowboarding), so luckily I had all summer to heal for the next riding season. Hope you have better luck with recovery time, else it'll be SES before you're cleared. :)

No plate for me. It has been almost two weeks now, and I'm taking off the sling for to do things like type. Seems to be setting up on its own, and not moving around anymore.

Glad you guys are getting some turns in already, keep the new video coming! I've already exhausted my supply of ECES, Big Mtn., and SES video's at home!!!!

SEE you at SES, do or die..

-pk

The majority of the 30 inches that were enjoyed a week or so back is nearly all gone. There was a recent dusting 2 nights ago. Snow level is only down to about half way and the top looks pretty thin. 20% to 30% chance of snow till Friday night, then 40% -60% for a couple days after that.

It will come, and it will be so good!

• 2 weeks later...

howdy cuban

i worked yesterday and it snowed all day and when i got off at 3pm it

was sunny. today different story, very high overcast and very high winds.

i'm sure you would not want to be up there as the temps are dropping.

you can see the big and the high winds are blowing snow around. the

past few days snowed alot and report from hikers said it was good.

i think we will have a good opening...

I just picked up some passes for a friend at Costco, they are two for $99cad. They seem to be valid for the full season and they are two individual passes so they can be used by one person on several days.

I am not sure how long they will have them, but if anyone is coming through Calgary and doesn't have a Costco card, I could probably try to make something happen.

I would advise anyone that is planning on riding the WMR more than 3 days this season to pick up a frequent skier card. After 2-3 days of riding you will be saving money and only spending $41.00 per ticket. These cards must be purchased by December 24, so you better get moving on this deal.

Things are shaping up for a reasonable opening weekend here.... Just a bit more snow and it should be great!

Any of the local talent planning on being up on Saturday?

Cheers, dredman

I just picked up some passes for a friend at Costco, they are two for $99cad. They seem to be valid for the full season and they are two individual passes so they can be used by one person on several days.

I am not sure how long they will have them, but if anyone is coming through Calgary and doesn't have a Costco card, I could probably try to make something happen.

They have them at the Costco here in Missoula too.

howdy all

what a GREAT!!! opening day! lite fog inversion, sunny on top.

should have brought my hardboots, but still had fun on my softies.

off groom there was a foot of bottomless powder, spent the day

going in and out on the groomers and the powder. all the usual

suspects were here with big smiles. 10/11 season is here! woohooo...

it is like mid january conditions. everything open except hellroaring

basin.

Believe it or not.... This was the only picture that either Johnasmo or I took all weekend. Sunny, good groomers, good powder on Saturday. Sunny and good groomers on Sunday.... The entire Flathead valley was socked in with low clouds...But sunny and wonderful on the Big and no where else.

Not too bad of a way to start the season!!

post-3878-141842327163_thumb.jpg

howdy all

beautiful bluebird day with lite crowds. the groomers were perfect. met up

with angry rick and for a while only he and i was tearing up chair 2 we had

the whole place to ourselfs. there was an inversion, but no fog and it was

warmer on top. you guys should have been here!!! pushed it a little hard

today considering my legs are toast from saturdays deep pow. anyways,

moved my stance forward and found the sweet spot. rode my fp171 from

9am till 1pm...

howdy all

not a bad day, but still good carving. fog half way up, so stayed on

chair 2 and took it easy with the flat light even did a few runs on

chair 3 cause there were less than a hand full of people on it.

very lite crowds, kinda cold, snow is getting wet and firm. forcast is

more snow, maybe friday more in the valley. rode my fp171 from

9am till 1pm...

howdy all

got cut loose from work so up to the big. was snowing in town as i was

going up. the big was hidden in some pretty thick fog. stayed on chair 2

cause the fog was creeping down. the snow was pretty wet and packed,

but still held an edge. there is a large storm in the pacific that will bring

us more snow. forcast is a lot of snow in the next couple days. rode my

fp157 from 1pm till 3pm...