Note to New Members ×

My stolen snowboard, be on lookout...

Sultan Guy

Bomber Community,

Yesterday my house was broken into for the first time in almost 10 years. It looks to be the work of punks looking for cash. They busted open a small fire safe with nothing in it but passports and papers. They did not steal stuff like nice tools or TV's. They did take one camera, Ipod, and...my

Prior 4WD 174 that was inside of a black BOMBER bag. :angryfire

The board did not have any bindings on it and was right next to a Hot Blast with bindings. Maybe they thought the Prior was easier to ride?

Please be on the lookout for this board in the Seattle area Ebay, Craigslist, or on the Bomber forum. I have also provided the police with this photo.

And if I see a punk trying to carve it at my local hill :AR15firin

attachment.php?attachmentid=19417&stc=1&d=1261008664

Crap, I'm sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye open at Mt. Hood Meadows. Don't see many 4WDs down here, so it will be conspicuous if it does show up.

Don't post it here, but do you have the serial number/proof of purchase? Just need to know that you're able to positively establish ownership -- would make me feel better about grabbing it and taking it to ski patrol if it does show up on Mt. Hood.

Most pawn shops do not take alpine stuff. That said, watch Play it Again sports also, both in Lynnwood and in Seattle down by REI. The owner of the one by REI, so I am told, does a bit of collecting, so make sure Seattle police know also. Good thing they didn't get the Blast!!

Very stupid burglars!

If it was a freestyle-freeride board i would understand it but how will they sell this board?

How many alpine riders are there in the states?

I'm guessing they'll try to use ebay, craigslist, or a used sporting goods store. Hopefully they can spell "Prior" because that will be easy to search for.

Sorry about your loss.

A piece of advice from me. Go to your local hardware store, buy an engraver and engrave all your boards with your provincial drivers license number e.g. BCDL#1234567, or your state drivers license number e.g. akdl#123456.

All my skis and boards have my BCDL number engraved in the same spot, which is the centre of the board and on the left side of the edge of the board/ski, in the area between the topsheet and the edge. this gives the police the ability to trace the number back to the owner, as most everybody has a drivers license that is kept up to date with their address.

Police CANNOT trace a social security number back to the owner.

Serial numbers are nice to have but a picture and personalized serial numbers are the best. digital pics are cheap and worth a thousand words.

engrave all your boards with your drivers license number

SUPER COMMENT ! I've gotten lazy, but will get out to the garage and do this very soon.

Years ago my house (California) was broken into and a bunch of stuff stolen. A few weeks later my camera gear was found in Florida because my CA driver's license # was on all of it.

Lesson learned. When my board was stolen and someone was trying to sell one EXACTLY like it on BOL, i couldn't prove it was mine. I even had Prior trying to help me, but they write their serial numbers on the top sheet with sharpie :( Mark your stuff, because as much as we would like to believe that no one wants our stuff, they do. And they will take it.

Sorry to hear it man, may the worst of worst karma go out to the perps!

• 11 months later...

ok i got some info but all I will say right now is that the person I bought it from is a member of this forum. I think for the amount of cash we have to lay out for boards that the SN should be inlayed on the board somewhere so it can't be F*&^ed with.

There is no way to prove who's board this really was without SN's.

Thanks for dredging up an old post of mine.

Like I said it was punk kid types, not carvers who broke into my house and stole that board. I am sure they had no idea what to do with it...so sold it. You might be the second or even third purchaser.

No big deal at this point. Local sheriff office did eventually catch the group.

This is also a stock Prior offering so might be many of these around.

• 1 year later...
Andy - I think I just found your board on craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/3502555434.html

Good work! I think this sentence in the add makes it clear they had no clue what they were talking about

the top part of bindings are custom fit for each rider i do not have those

Hope you get it back soon. I might buy it if you don't hurry I will even get the bomber "bottom parts" :P But seriously its disgusting that anyone would ever do that, I know the feeling a few years ago I moved for a few months to a city MUCH bigger than where I live and it did not take long before someone broke into our house they took all our backpacking stuff, scuba gear, mountain bike gear (luckily not the mountain bikes) but it really sucked and it was scary.

Edited by NSSage