Note to New Members ×

The oldest board you are still ridding?

Pokolikrat

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides Maverick and Hooger, I also ride an old Highlander 167 and really enjoy it. A Freesurf woody swallowtail has joined the collection too and I'm definitelly going to ride it - built specifically for hard boots, narrow and stiff like a beast. An Oxygen Kr 165 asym has been waiting patiantly for it's turn, too... A Rad-Air Extreme Pinkerton 169 proved it's a very good pow board, still!

Rode it today with my boys.It's the black one with a red/blue/white streak down the middle;1999 ? Possibly the best ice(well,western ice) board I've ever had and as fun any 'modern' board I've ridden or own.I got it at the Coeur d' Alene Goodwill store with a pristine base and edges and a scratched up top for 39.00. More funny than the price;it had burton plates,both with left leaning integrated cants :-0

Mine would be a Winterstick 159 Severe Terrain that I got brand new in 1995- still has lots of pop and decent edges left- my 11 year old daughter just started riding it this winter.

Wouldn't that be a bit stiff for Maya? Why not the yellow kiddie 138 AM alpine?

One of my all time favorite soft boot boards, Salomon FRS, 2000?

I had one of those in a 165, wish I could have it back now that I have a clue of how to ride something like that. That slant/cap construction did not stand up well, and I killed it over two seasons. Probably didn't help that I crashed on it often.

I need to get some hard boots for them.. the edge hold and snap makes them never seem boring..I never remember them being as good as they are until I get on them. 1992-1994.

What people don't know is that there were a few made that had even better edge hold... than the Originals... Same thing with the Madd 170's. We extended the carbon wing a bit. They were a bit more twitchy but had ridiculous grip.

Bola sold me a Used Demo Rossignol Judge 169 a few years back I think it was a year or two old...so maybe it's a 2006. It is a total heavy sluggish park bench...but that's the challenge.

2008 Salomon 160cm Sick stick.

I occasionally ride a rossi judge 168. Little spit-tail with a lot of setback and a big shovel. Very nimble board for new-snow days, great in the bumps, great in the trees. Floats pretty well despite being rather short. Pretty and somewhat carveable too.

Outdated quiver pic. The black on white board is now white on black, thanks to Frank's handiwork. The Donek and Kildy are long gone ... I rode that ride kildy way past its prime too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18710&stc=1&d=1257728626

Oldy & moldy

I ride the following...94 Burton PJ7.0 Love this board to death, brand new 3 yrs ago.

Blue w/ green 96 FP 171. My first real race board. Know the board so well, it is just in it's prime....no pun intended.

Black w/red FP 178. This is a scary fast board, I just trust this board in anything. Slush, crud, etc... I am only just starting to learn how to push this one.

I also have a 94 asym air. Bought last year for powder riding with soft bindings. Love to see the look on peoples faces when they see soft bindings with 45 degree forward angles on them....

2001 Burton Factory Prime. I ride this board hard every season, and it stopped owing me anything about 3 years ago. It's slowly losing camber, and the techs can't get the base flat anymore with removing too much.

With so many days on that board though, (200+) I know it inside-out which is really empowering. I'm shopping for a replacement, but if it dies out on the hill, so be it.

1994 Burton Stat 7. Not that I ride it much. It soft board that can't initiate a turn nor hold an edge. Not a good combination.

The 1995 Burton FP 5.7 is the old reliable standby with hundreds of days on it. Small for me, but I love the 9.6 m sidecut radius.

I love this thread. It tells me that I'm not freak for enjoying my old stuff and lets me come out of the closet to admit what I have. Here's what's in the car now:

'96 Burton Alp 156 - for "wiggle turns"

'96 Burton Alp 163 - with Burton rental plates I use it to let skiers try out a snowboard

?? Heavy Tools Lizard 163

?? Generics IQ 170

?? Elan Ballistic 171 (brown topsheet with a yellow double stripe down the middle)

The Alps are my oldest boards. I also have a 152. I'm collecting them because I like the little animal graphic near the nose. 152=the "demented chihuahua", 156=the "smug ram", 163=the "satanic bobcat". I'm only missing the 169. I don't know what critter is on that one. :)

?? Generics IQ 170

?? Elan Ballistic 171 (brown topsheet with a yellow double stripe down the middle)

Both are great boards! I finally passed both to local riders, this fall.

Ballistic is about 2001, I believe. Generics somwhere there too...

I'm only missing the 169. I don't know what critter is on that one. :)

"Ice Bear" on the 169. I use it as a loner. It still has mega camber!

The Alps are my oldest boards. I also have a 152. I'm collecting them because I like the little animal graphic near the nose. 152=the "demented chihuahua", 156=the "smug ram", 163=the "satanic bobcat". I'm only missing the 169. I don't know what critter is on that one. :)

The satanic bobcat always freaked me out!

1993 Sims CON 166. This was one of Mark Fawcett's designs along with the two MFR race boards. Apparently it has a Volkl wood core.

Absolutely wicked snowboard!! 27cm nose, 20.7cm waist and 25cm tail. Great allrounder... LOVE this thing :D Just found another one on the local auction site and will tuck it away until mine finally gives up the ghost.