Note to New Members ×

The oldest board you are still ridding?

Pokolikrat

I put away the metal Coiler in the morining and rode my 175 Purecarve Maverick in the afternoon last week. Still a good carver in firm conditions, but noisey compared to a metal Coiler. Or my 178 O'sin 4807. Rode them both last week.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's relative, 3 times a year is a dust collector to me.

I don't have a rock board other than one I just ordered but that's a softboot ride so I was not including that

3-5 times a year counts for me; how about only every 3-5 years?

I forgot to mention my 198 Undertaker that only gets out every third year or so and is still a very viable part of the quiver.

3-5 times a year counts for me; how about only every 3-5 years?

I forgot to mention my 198 Undertaker that only gets out every third year or so and is still a very viable part of the quiver.

ya bastid!

I wish I had a place to ride something like a undertaker

First board I learned on, 1996.

Camber getting a little noodley and the edges definitely need some work.

Took it out last year and had a lot of fun on it, but couldn't get over how *SOFT* it felt, and the SCR felt so tight. I remember when I bought it, it was supposed to be a stiffer freecarve board... I remember feeling like it was stiffer and more supportive than anything else I'd tried back then, and it really sent me down the carving path...

Maybe it's not the camber that's changed... after all, I have put on about 30 lbs since I got it... :freak3:

I regularly ride a early 90s Hot Shine, Hot Blast, a 1990s' vintage Oxy Proton, or a Nitro Scorpion.

the scorpion was the 1st board I'd seen do true ECs in about '91 or'92 and I bought an asym alp the next year.

today the 15year old Nitro stepins with 12 year old Raichle boots on the 10 yr old Identity boards kicked the freakin a$$ outta the premium groomers.

The 185 laid some sweet side to side trenches on the boulevards of the basin chair.:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

90 ish Barefoot freestyle 165, I don't ride it anymore.

Mid 90's Avalanch Damian's dagger 165, I loved this board to death, it was retired just last year.

Damian Sanders was the one who inspired my to get hardboots years ago. Any one remember him. He was one of the sick dudes in the earliy days.

• 1 year later...

Found this thread when I was searching for something else... thought it was fun and wanted to bring it back to life since I have a board to share.

F2 Flame XL circa 1991-92

Just rode it last month for fun. Heavy but very fun. This thing is like new. You should have seen the look on the guys face at my local board shop when i brought it in to get tuned. This board is clearly older than he is.

Jan%2525202012%252520082.JPG

Jan%2525202012%252520083.JPG