Note to New Members ×

The oldest board you are still ridding?

Pokolikrat

I occasionally ride a rossi judge 168. Little spit-tail with a lot of setback and a big shovel. Very nimble board for new-snow days, great in the bumps, great in the trees. Floats pretty well despite being rather short. Pretty and somewhat carveable too.

Outdated quiver pic. The black on white board is now white on black, thanks to Frank's handiwork. The Donek and Kildy are long gone ... I rode that ride kildy way past its prime too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18710&stc=1&d=1257728626

Where did you pick that up? I had one two years ago and sold it to someone out west. Was wounder if it was part of of quiver.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some will appreciate that my original Madd 158 is still my main ride. Granted I don't ride much anymore so it's more board than I will need. I still love it. It did get new Cateks a few years ago.

Oh and hi...it's been a while.

Get your butt out to SES I LIVE IN ASPEN. If you just want to bring your carriages I have a 158 for you to ride with discs. Could I make it easier?

Μy oldest board(production date) is also my newest (i just bought it new)Burton speed 168 wide 2001!

Thank you BlueB for recommending it to me ,it's probably the funnest do it all board i ever had and the most value for money board to(150$),i cant imagine what more a 800-1000$ board could offer me!

O- Sin (made byu a ski co .)was 92-95 likely,

O'Sin (Dynastar) 4807, that particular model is 2003 and up to few years older. Before that it just had a pin line down the center.

2004-2005 it changed to Dynastar and had blue/green/silver/black "flames". Next, the last generation, was kinda grey/ochre and not too many made...

I stand corrected, if someone had better info. Maybe Bryan...

O'Sin (Dynastar) 4807, that particular model is 2003 and up to few years older. Before that it just had a pin line down the center.

2004-2005 it changed to Dynastar and had blue/green/silver/black "flames". Next, the last generation, was kinda grey/ochre and not too many made...

I stand corrected, if someone had better info. Maybe Bryan...

My bad- I didn't see the the photo of the o-sin. Yes that is a later model.

Dynastar did make some alpine boards under their house name. The one that got away... that I should have bought but was expensive and the ugliest deck ever made was the dynastar hoodooguru. That was a serious fun ride at the time... maybe the most fun for a freecarver I ever rode prior to 1992.

O- Sin (made byu a ski co .)was 92-95 likely,
The Original Sin brand started around '89. They were first made and designed by LoFo (Louis Fournier) in northern Quebec. I still have a custom race board he made for me under the Original Sin brand name around 1990.

In the early 90's, LoFo became one of the co-owners/founders of Surf Politix Mfg here in the Quebec City area. Dynastar approached them to manufacture their first snowboards but wanted to do it under a separate brand. They liked Lofo's Original Sin brand name so he sold it to them (or may even gave it to them as part of the manufacturing agreement, can't remember right now). The first generations of Dynastar's O-sin boards were designed and made here in that factory from the start, through the mid 90s.

I used to help out Surf Politix with shape designs and board testing back then, mainly on the longer freeride boards which was what interested me. So I got to ride the first prototypes of some of those boards, even before the Dynastar guys did.

And for thread relevance: I still ride a few days a season a 181 cm K2 Eldorado from the late 90's (suuuper fun board), and my main rides are a couple versions (different flex paterns) of a 180cm freeride board I designed 12 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
My powder early/late season rock board is a mid/late 80's Hooger Booger Grinder. I counted over 100 holes in it from mounting reg/goofy, different stances, different angles. I ride it mounted Monoski style.I paid .99 Cents on Ebay for it years ago. It still is about the best powder tool I've ever rode. With that long Old School nose and rounded/kicked tail it holds it's own with the best of the current stuff. Newer isn't always better...

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

This was the first snowboard I ever owned! Got for christmas when I was 14.