Note to New Members ×

New Graphics for Donek

Donek

Vote for your favorites.  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorites.

As many of you know I am no graphic artist. I did, however throw together some fast artwork for prototypes this past summer. I am switching topsheets on everything, so I am attempting to put together a varried graphic offering. I have a couple of people well known in this market producing some stuff, but I'd like your feedback on these graphics I did.

658979762_5H7q4-L.jpg

BRING THA NOISE!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBA-xi8WuCU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBA-xi8WuCU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

IMHO the flame looks way too Burton-ish.

(thinking '96 AMP and ALP)

I'm not feeling the new font for the name. I would stick with the bird logo or go back to the vintage ~2000-2003 font.

Eye is pretty, I would pick it for a woman's board. Salt is interesting but not for a snowboard. I love Sunset, to me it looks like a neo-Cruzer, which is a good thing, but the name is upside down relative to the horizon. Ice is a good idea but I personally don't like blue on brown anywhere, any time. Flame is very nice but reminds me of an Ultra Prime. Noise is a home run for me, especially having seen a picture of it in use - very cool and original. Ecto - beautiful, love the Ghostbusters reference, but it looks like a Coiler. I voted Sunset and Noise.

Not to rain on the parade but even little ole me looks like I could wip these out in about 10 minutes..

You deserve better.. I know that you need a common template but it needs more thought behind it..

Others were way better in the past, except the for the cloth topsheets... Just like Jack my IMHO>>

Needs more..

RSS

those that like the old logo.The new font lacks the sophistication and innovation Donek is known for.'Salt' looks GREAT to me and Ice looks good.Noise is nice.Ecto's impact might be lost under the bindings,but the look is very nice.If I had to choose,Salt would be it but I'm also with those who think there should be more thought and experimentation before production.

+ 1 on stick to the bird!!

That logo has message (speed, skill, flight etc) and is recognizable/unique

try to have a concept/message something relevant related to the consumer, moment of use, the season, the stoke, the technologies, etc, anything!

or use the textures in a context (the rusted metal idea)

When a design got a concept people won't comment about aesthetics

JK

I really like noise and ecto. Salt is pretty cool too. I like graphics that are actually photos. I really like the metal graphics that Donek already has on their metal boards.

Second on the Metal Board...Also not a big fan of the new logo. Stick with something that's still pidgeon based, it's your calling card. The new one will get lost in the crowd and does make your logo stand out.

Flame, eye, noise and ecto are all interesting, but none really wow me.

I do like the flaming bird logo that someone resurrected.

I'd stay simple and keep the branding consistent. Some of those designs look a little "Never Summer"-y. And honestly, while I like that company's boards a lot, I've always thought their graphics lacked sophistication.

Sean:

Thank you for asking us for feedback!!! It's always apprecaited from a vendor.

All the topsheet design looks great. That flame donek look like $$$$$$$$$$. :1luvu: It's very bad ass; is that topsheet carbon fiber? The bird almost look like it's 3D

To me it's really diffcult to strike the balance between price and look.

Let those who have money to burn order the design they want.

Poor bloke like me will take the stock one without any hestiation.

rusty metal:

metal_graphics_2.jpg