Note to New Members ×

"you Might Be A Boler If:"

www.oldsnowboards.com

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...You and the people you share a home with all know, understand and have no issues with the term "carpet surfing."

...IRL you've started a sentence with something like "my friend (insert screen name like Jack Michaud or Bordy here) told me I should increase/decrease my front foot angle/lift/cant"... and you've never actually met Jack or Bordy or whoever IRL.

you might be a BOL er

- if you know who the letters CF, PSR, CMC, etc are for.

- if you already know what type of thread will show up each month of the year.... preseason (autumn) BOL is the most angry time of the year, midseason the most active but mostly mellow (except for the big flamefest thread that happens midseason about every 7 weeks) , summer is randomness and petty crap, immediate post season most people seem to have had their fill and move on to warm season activities fairly peacefully.

-if you liked it better when shred only posted in a broken Euro accented type of spelling..."mit, yah, schtupid" etc

you might be a BOL'er...

1. if you :D when called a "Quiver Whore" and take it as a compliment

2. Get cranky during the off season

3. When someone asks for your specs and you have no problem divulging them

4. If you've slept in bed with a board

5. You've had your "Bomber" hat confiscated by airport security:angryfire

6. You get mad when it's a pow day vs. a perfect groom day

you might be a BOL'er

1. if you know the missing character in "D-Su?"

2. if you have an opinion on Burton Products

3. if you try to take your shoes off by pulling on an invisible INTEC release handle.

4. if you display your snowboards.

5. if you try to carve a turn in your car

6. if you wear socks and slide when you enter a room that has linoleum

you keep your gear out all year long so at a moment's notice, you could grab and go to any location where there is snow....even though you're not going, it's nice to know you could and would be ready...and your spouse has asked you 14 times if you could put your gear away and "by the way...I don't remember that board last season...and where did that stuff come from...have you been spending again???"

A lot of the ones posted seem to be more general internet snobbery, or ski bum life, not necessarily Bomber related. I will partially continue that trend.

1.If you purposefully interpret posts how they were likely not intended so you can correct them.

2.You can list one of your hobbies as accusing Bob Dea of doing or being fill in your choice here.

3. It isn't infrequent you find yourself expending more energy than just laughing at "When will ______ return?" threads.

If you know that Tinkler has nothing to do with taking a leak.

And Burner has nothing to do with the stove, regardless of how overpriced.

You really do care about variable, tapered base bevel and how it affects edge release.

The kind of butter you use is not for cooking and you can't say the name of it in an airport.

To go trenching has nothing to do with the new water lines at your house.

Knees together vs apart makes you roll your eyes. Again. No offense JJ.

I didn't even have to try, this was 30 seconds of whatever came to mind first.

... you buy a snowboard from the classifieds in August even though you won't be able to ride it until mid-December.
you keep your gear out all year long so at a moment's notice, you could grab and go to any location where there is snow....even though you're not going, it's nice to know you could and would be ready...and your spouse has asked you 14 times if you could put your gear away and "by the way...I don't remember that board last season...and where did that stuff come from...have you been spending again???"

yep, that's me, but mrs. b0ardski is ok with it this year 'cause this summer's purchase is the 1st new skis I've bought in 20 yrs.

Twins of course; twins are like 4 wheel drive, you may not need it but its nice to have in deep snow:biggthump

here's a few

...if you've ever skied in snowboard boots

...if cleaning your plate means using an ice scraper

...if you only lace up your boots when "leaving" the resort

...if you start jonesing when someone mentions corduroy pants

...if you get exited when it stops snowing

...if you think railing requires sharp edges

It's OK to sleep with your board as long as there's no wet spot in the morning