Post your Summer Ride - photos if you have it

C5 Golfer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Autocross: A-Stock class in a Honda S2000

8x50kn.jpg

3 weeks to our first event! :) I just signed up for Nationals in Lincoln, NE in September.

Plus a Loaded Vanguard skateboard when the weather is nice. Also hope to ride my mountain bike more this year too.

downsized_0210091547jpg.jpg

custom Subsonic century pulse. Scott makes some awesome boards - this is my second one. It's a drop down LDP board - those are hard to get right, LDP boards usually have you around 5-6 inches up in the sky (real PITA to push, but then again you should be pumping). (4 in diamond file to show drop). It got delivered in November so it hasn't seen much ride time - 10-15 miles max.

hopefully my summer ride (car) sells, because it's a pain in the ass... :barf:

Autocross: A-Stock class in a Honda S2000

8x50kn.jpg

3 weeks to our first event! :) I just signed up for Nationals in Lincoln, NE in September.

Plus a Loaded Vanguard skateboard when the weather is nice. Also hope to ride my mountain bike more this year too.

And here is my family sedan in action - a 2004 BMW 330i with the ZHP performance package. Besides a few local events I'm signed up for the DC ProSolo. However, we are planning to buy a new house soon so I may end up selling this car.

post-5572-141842280796_thumb.jpg

Bullwings - Looks fun! The front truck is at quite a steep angle, that thing must turn on a dime!

Al - I didn't mention: I was really torn between the S2000 and a C5 Z06 Vette when I was picking this car. I picked the S2000 due to lower purchase pricing, but ironically the Vette is easier on tires so it probably would have been a wash. The S is fun too but there's something special about a V8! :)

And here is my family sedan in action - a 2004 BMW 330i with the ZHP performance package. Besides a few local events I'm signed up for the DC ProSolo. However, we are planning to buy a new house soon so I may end up selling this car.

Nice! I worked the course for DS at Nationals, it was quite a contrast with the near-silent BMW's and ear-splitting Integras all in the same class. No pros or NT's for me this year, SCCA killed all the ones within a day's drive of central Canada. :( Good luck with the house purchase too!

Summer ride is the same as my winter ride. I guess I don't have quite the same resources as some other posters eh? Actually come to think of it, the bicycle did cost more than the truck did. Hmmmmmmm.

truckresize2.jpg

And here's one that doesn't get much use in the winter. Carbon forks, carbon bars, titanium stem, titanium seat rails, carbon seat post, carbon crank.

It weighs exactly 18 pounds.

bike1.jpg

later,

Dave R.

Al - I didn't mention: I was really torn between the S2000 and a C5 Z06 Vette when I was picking this car. I picked the S2000 due to lower purchase pricing, but ironically the Vette is easier on tires so it probably would have been a wash. The S is fun too but there's something special about a V8! :)

Corey-- the tires may be a wash-- I got quite a few miles out of mine which are the Factory Run Flats by Goodyear..43,000 miles - but the new ones cost around $350 each last year when I replaced them. Other Vette owners have gotten only 15,000 miles..Same guys also replace brake discs after 15,000 miles or so too. Mine are still ok after 46,000. They may have speeding tickets too -- I do not :):nono:

A lot of nice triathlon bikes here. Here is mine. It was a pretty cool bike when I built it in 1992, and I still like it, and it is still in excellent condition. I bought the bare Serotta Tri-Colorado frame and then built it up with my favorite lightweight parts. Dura-Ace derailleurs, shifters, and crank, Suntour Superbe Pro brakes, etc. I also have a set of Hed aero wheels for it (rear disk, front deep rim). I used to do 7 or 8 triathlons a year, but I've only done one in the past 10 years, so I think I'll try to sell this bike.

post-5572-141842280827_thumb.jpg

'87-'89 is the sweet spot for Porsche 911s. Uncomplicated yet easy to drive. If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up.

How's the reliability? I have an '86 944 Turbo (951) with 71,700 miles on it and it's been a pain, even with the low milage...

I really like the sound of the high revving air cooled N/A engines that Porsche made for the 930 chassic. 993s are pretty sweet too, but I hear they're all a pain in the ass to maintain.