Note to New Members ×

Post your Summer Ride - photos if you have it

C5 Golfer

Thanks.

The Mexico is one of my faves as well, as is the Mistral.

Funny, I just saw what looked to be a Merak recently (couldn't get close enough to distinguish it from a Bora).

I had a chance to drive a new Quattroporte S which impressed the hell out of me (as did the price tag).

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my 2005 Chrysler 300C

NEMCApril200920.jpg

She runs the 1/4 mile in 13.6 @102 mph :eek::biggthump

And later this week/early next week I'll have this 1986 Porsche 944 NA

11823225242.263250865.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x385.jpg

Not nearly as fast in a line as the 300C, but damn are they fun to drive on a windy road and they get good mileage too. It's going to be my DD all year with some good snow tires. Maintenance isn't going to be that bad since it's an NA. Can't wait...

1980 CB 750F. A little project I picked up a few months ago. Bone stock except for the 60$ V&H pipe I got from CL. Looks like crap but sounds great. All the bits were there when I got it. Fun little Japanese muscle bike.

post-120-14184228316_thumb.jpg

Brian,

You win! Leo looks great. Congrats.

Colin

Really? I wasn't even sure he fit in the catagory.

He sure is a fun side-kick though. My truck, bicycle are not much to get excited about. Still have not bought a motorcycle although I love to ride.

No other cool summer rides. Need to sell my remaining skateboards before I decide to try one again. Just can't afford anymore serious injuries. Leo is good for me. He is so laid back and gentle.

Thanks,

Meet my new summer side-kick "Leo". 5 month old Great Dane. He seldom talks back yet pays close attention , very approving and is a total babe magnet!!!

Awesome! Babe magnet indeed! Can't wait to meet him and hear the story....

r.

although you can't see my summer ride, this is what it does

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5349919&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5349919&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="

">Inyan Kara 09_View from row 60</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1961202'>http://vimeo.com/user1961202">Justin Anderson</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

This arrived on Friday, I put it together and rode it to work, it still has the freewheel on it but that will go when I feel I'm comfortable enough fixie to switch to eggbeaters

090628_gardenandbike_0001.jpg

switching the brakes to work moto style took me more time than I was expecting

090628_gardenandbike_0004.jpg

090628_gardenandbike_0005.jpg

My plan is to replace the tape with stitched leather at some point

090628_gardenandbike_0006.jpg

Got a (big) little sumfin' coming down the pipe in the next few days, stay tuned. Pics to come.

later,

Dave R.

Aint she pretty. Picked her up Friday night. 2004 GSXR 1000. Been too busy ridin' to post pics. It has a silly, ludicrous amount of power. I used to have a 1992 FZR 1000. This bike is just in a different league all together. It will wheelie on power effortlessly in second gear or third if you're going up a hill.

gsxr1.jpg

gsxr2.jpg

later,

Dave R.

It will wheelie on power effortlessly in second gear or third if you're going up a hill.

Dave R.

Nice Dave, and she's in good shape to.

Dude that thing will wheelie in 4th if you wack the throttle open:eek:

Bob Jenney has k6, 160 ponies to the rear tire is more than you'll ever need on street or track. I've spent some time on the saddle in it and the power band is scary compared to my 675.

Now riding Jack's Hawk, well that's a totally different story. Let's just say that todays new scooters have more power:lol:

But I do need to give Jack credit he is fast on that track with that little Hawk:cool:

Be safe

Nice Dave, and she's in good shape to.

Dude that thing will wheelie in 4th if you wack the throttle open:eek:

Bob Jenney has k6, 160 ponies to the rear tire is more than you'll ever need on street or track. I've spent some time on the saddle in it and the power band is scary compared to my 675.

Now riding Jack's Hawk, well that's a totally different story. Let's just say that todays new scooters have more power:lol:

But I do need to give Jack credit he is fast on that track with that little Hawk:cool:

Be safe

Suzuki says that this bike has 166 horsepower, but our local dyno guy says they put out about between 152 and 154 at the rear wheel. The trick with this bike is how light it is. I got caught the other day and rode home in a bit of rain, it will wheelie on wet pavement (rear is a BT014). I believe the 4th gear thing too. I got a good deal on the bike, but it needs a new clutch desperately. I've ordered a new one from the US and it'll be here in about a week. When I test rode it, it would only slip in 4th or higher, but now it slips in first. I work in a bike shop so installation will be $0 plus beer after work.

The midrange this motor has is astonishing.

BTW, I started riding when I was tall enough to touch the ground on my dad's 72' suzuki TS 90. I had an FZR1000 for about 12 years so I didn't just get my license and go out and buy this bike. I try to ride sane, but the temptation is powerful.........

later,

Dave R.

I got a good deal on the bike, but it needs a new clutch desperately. I've ordered a new one from the US and it'll be here in about a week. When I test rode it, it would only slip in 4th or higher, but now it slips in first.

So I did some poking around on gixxer.com, and the problem with my clutch was purely an adjustment issue. Suzuki uses a "worm screw" for a disengagement mechanism, and as the clutch wears, the worm screw no longer allows the springs to put full pressure on the pressure plate. A quick adjustment on the left side of the bike, then took up the cable slack and she was good to go.

Now that it's putting all it's power to the ground, the amount of forward progress that happens at full throttle is even more mind blowing. It pulls like a demon starting around 3500rpm up to around 7500rpm, then it goes absolutely bananas from 8000rpm up to about 11,000rpm. (redline starts at 12,000)

I took a little ride today to Squamish, which is about halfway to Whistler from where I live. Just fantastic. Great weather, reasonably clear roads. Great time.

later,

Dave R.