Note to New Members ×

Post your Summer Ride - photos if you have it

C5 Golfer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new toy, a factory Husaberg 380FE. Lots of cool things the stock bikes do not have.

IMG_2482.jpg

Just for the record, it's not my shop, I wish, but it is my buddies.

So very nice!

What if your stock bike is a KTM?????

300mxc for me!

Still no factory bike, but not a Japanese stocker.

What if your stock bike is a KTM?????

300mxc for me!

Still no factory bike, but not a Japanese stocker.

Sounds good to me! I was a KTM guy before my Bergs showed up. The Factory bike was a unique opportunity to by a VERY neat bike!

My summer ride: 2010 Volkl Aura's ... one sick pair of skis!!!

:-P Sorry I haven't been online in like... a year - I became a ski instructor at Northstar in Tahoe and now I'm in South America. Today I was skiing at Cerro Catedral, Argentina with SASS (South America Snow Sessions - the new people I work for) and we had so much nice powder it was amazing!!! I'll be here for 2 months and I already checked out Valle Nevado and Cerro Bayo. After the season I am hoping to make it to Las Leñas, Portillo, El Colorado, and La Parva before heading back to the States end of September!!

If anyone is interested in coming down send me a PM! Also if you have suggestions for amazing places to go!!

post-1341-1418422838_thumb.jpg

post-1341-141842283802_thumb.jpg

Here are my summer rides:

F2 Style Guerilla 245 (97 litre). Measures 7'11" long.

nq1xjn.jpg

15mbss2.jpg

Naish 8'2" (69 litre). Also measures 7'11" long.

i19w0y.jpg

2ltkhp5.jpg

Plus matching quiver of Hot Real Winds Power Wave sails (2.7, 3.2, 3.7, 4.2, 4.7, 5.2, 6.2), and matching quiver of Sailworks Backbone skinny masts (340, 370, 400, 430).

Edited by Cousin of Beagle

Nice ride Justin.

I wish you the best of luck with that car and maintaining it.

I had an '86 944 turbo that i bought with 59K miles on it four years ago. I sold it two months ago with 72K miles on it. For every mile I drove it, I paid $1 in repair maintenance - literally (you can do the math on that)... That doesn't include basic stuff like oil changes, brakes, tires etc. etc.

My mechanic, who is a pro-racer that's driven with people on the Rolex Cup series and done a few sub in and numerous events has said that the 944 is easily one of the toughest model Porsches for him to maintain (both N/A and Turbo models - turbos being harder). He even used to build up 944s and race them. He no longer services them unless you're a long time customer with him, and refuses all "new" 944 customers.

That said, the car was a blast to drive. Such an iconic car of the time with awesome handling - chevy could only wish its V8 corvette could do what that little 4-banger could do. I do miss it, but I like all the extra cash that I have sitting around from the sale and not having to repair and maintain it.

Nice ride Justin.

I wish you the best of luck with that car and maintaining it.

I had an '86 944 turbo that i bought with 59K miles on it four years ago. I sold it two months ago with 72K miles on it. For every mile I drove it, I paid $1 in repair maintenance - literally (you can do the math on that)... That doesn't include basic stuff like oil changes, brakes, tires etc. etc.

My mechanic, who is a pro-racer that's driven with people on the Rolex Cup series and done a few sub in and numerous events has said that the 944 is easily one of the toughest model Porsches for him to maintain (both N/A and Turbo models - turbos being harder). He even used to build up 944s and race them. He no longer services them unless you're a long time customer with him, and refuses all "new" 944 customers.

That said, the car was a blast to drive. Such an iconic car of the time with awesome handling - chevy could only wish its V8 corvette could do what that little 4-banger could do. I do miss it, but I like all the extra cash that I have sitting around from the sale and not having to repair and maintain it.

That's why I would never buy a 951 as a daily driver. The 944 I just got is going to be my daily driver, the NAs tend to be much more reliable than the Turbos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
travel on two or four wheels... Just travel

Don, did the hail total your motor coach?

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfVHRdHCGi4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfVHRdHCGi4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

my 33rd Birthday present. :)

1995 Yamaha Waveblaster 1 Sport Spec class modified bouy racer.

:1luvu:

I found a way to get my carve-on and still "walk on water"

DSC_0309_crop.jpg?t=1250561135

Ive been out riding it but this is one of the first GOOD rare shots someone got of me really riding it without a ton of water spray, or an ass in the air (pic taken from behind) of me carving deep turns.

It really does equate well to carve snowboard riding :)

My other summer rides --- The Mercedes I have had for 24 years..and still going strong and fun to drive..

The bike ride is with GF up Mt St. Helens.

The weird Mercedes is not my summer ride but thought I'd throw it in for a good laugh...I think it would cause an accident if you drove it on the highway. :biggthump

post-53-141842284388_thumb.jpg

post-53-14184228439_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842284393_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...