Note to New Members ×

Post your Summer Ride - photos if you have it

C5 Golfer

You know BlueB, with that nice big boat around, sure sounds like that poor, unstable, slow and anemic Laser won't get much use. Maybe it should find its way down the coast into some gentler water more suited to its poor build quality.

You are too big for the Laser! It belongs to my sailing club. I get almost unlimited use - sweet deal. It sees more use then the big boat. Last year was my low record for days on the water, keel boat and Laser, both :( My kid is getting bigger, so I hopefully can take him cruising now. Some sweet mama from the sailing club (she works for my snow school too) offered to babysit Luka during the reggattas, so it seems that I'll be back to Laser, too!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the reliability? I have an '86 944 Turbo (951) with 71,700 miles on it and it's been a pain, even with the low milage...

I really like the sound of the high revving air cooled N/A engines that Porsche made for the 930 chassic. 993s are pretty sweet too, but I hear they're all a pain in the ass to maintain.

Reliable as a hammer and easy to work on. Only two things have gone wrong since I've owned it (10 years) - fuel pump and bad voltage regulator. 993s - to do an oil change, you have to remove 4-5 parts and then change two filters. With the '87-89, you don't even have to lift the car.

Best rig I've ever had-lots to do this spring-new emu suspension and lift, start fabbing rear spare/fuel carrier and eventually the safari paint job(just picture Jack's Coiler). The list of WANTS vs. NEEDS is long. Nothing you can throw at it to stop it.

Land Cruiser? I own a 4Runner. I bought it just for that iForce V8.

You are too big for the Laser! It belongs to my sailing club. I get almost unlimited use - sweet deal. It sees more use then the big boat. Last year was my low record for days on the water, keel boat and Laser, both :( My kid is getting bigger, so I hopefully can take him cruising now. Some sweet mama from the sailing club (she works for my snow school too) offered to babysit Luka during the reggattas, so it seems that I'll be back to Laser, too!

I'm actually after, of all things, a Snipe! Nice big fleet down here, and I'm a sucker for wood. (uh...oops, that wasn't intentional)

It's great you can get out on the water even with a kid, should be even better when he's old enough to be intertwined with steel cables on a 29er!

Hey, thanks to you and your son Bubba! The first two rifles (and the one pictured below) are all Ruger 10/22s. I converted the one below to a .17hm2, as well as polished my own barrel. The other rifle in the snow is a Winchester m70 in .325WSM.

As for the scopes, there are only 2 in all 4 pics; the longer one is a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40AO, and the one on the Winchester is a Muller Tactical 8-25x44AO.

They all drive tacks :biggthump

l_aea9b38d28e5e153139cfa3ae3de2d4f.jpg

Hey, thanks to you and your son Bubba! The first two rifles (and the one pictured below) are all Ruger 10/22s. I converted the one below to a .17hm2, as well as polished my own barrel. The other rifle in the snow is a Winchester m70 in .325WSM.

As for the scopes, there are only 2 in all 4 pics; the longer one is a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40AO, and the one on the Winchester is a Muller Tactical 8-25x44AO.

They all drive tacks :biggthump

l_aea9b38d28e5e153139cfa3ae3de2d4f.jpg

crazy, have you shot the ruger 204?

hijacked2.gif

Nope, on my to-do list though. I was planning on getting an AR15 chambered in .204 later this summer, but then I found this place :freak3:

And I too am sorry for the thread jack. :o Back on topic!

No problem on the Thread Jack.. suggestion -- Why dunt Ya post a thread about your favorite shootin iron. I have a few pics of some wonderful peices. No tack drivers.. they just punch a big hole. :biggthump