Note to New Members ×

Take Bomber Forum Back!!

www.oldsnowboards.com

I've been here for about a year. I took most of the summer off due to lack of stoke due to lack of snow; but I hope I'm not apart of the negative changes coming to this forum. This forum was such a great help to me. If it wasn't for this forum I'd still be riding a twintip.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that, and here's hoping for good snow in the new year, especially for the folks in the Ice Coast and Europe that are currently dry.

Circumstances under which it's your business how many boards someone buys: -You're sleeping with them on a regular basis.

-Hmm...can't really think of any others.

Yeah, Thanks Bryan for starting the process of healing on BOL. Enough with the chest pounding and grunting that has been going on lately. I was feeling like the mission was getting lost.

And really who wants to talk about snowboarding when you can just go ride and discus it on the chairlift. Its January!!!! Less talk more riding!!!

is that as the forum grows older and larger, the experts seem to get fed up with answering the same old questions over and over, but don't seem to like it when someone gives a different or less than expert answer. I quess that leaves a lot of people frightened to post.

The high point of this forum were some of the technique threads from a couple of years ago, where people were agreeing to differ - different strokes for different folks.

Time has shown that there are no absolutes in sports techniques again and again.

BobD

And really who wants to talk about snowboarding when you can just go ride and discus it on the chairlift. Its January!!!! Less talk more riding!!!

I wish I could, but it's kinda hard when it's raining every day and this is your hill:

snowcam.jpg

(I dunno if the webcam is working but heres a link http://snowcam.skialpinevalley.com/view/view.shtml )

The forum does tend to get more edgy in the months leading up to the real carving season, which in the east is frustratingly still several weeks away. Also the yearly increase in membership (a good thing, remember?) magnifies this "forum PMS".

The moderators simply cannot read every post or even every thread. Please feel free to use the report.gif button on each post to report violations of the posted rules, even if someone's just being a general jerk and you can't pinpoint the violation. It's anonymous to the forum members, and you won't be branded a tattle tale.

I'll chat with Fin about possibly requiring more accountability somehow. Good idea, keep 'em coming.

This has to be one of the most insightful threads I've read here at BOL.

I think most has been said already from many of the community already so I won't just repeat what they have already said...

I've only been here at BOL for a couple of months and have found the VAST majority of people here simply brilliant....

With any forum you get the odd couple that speak their minds.. but that's all it is... just them being to the point...

Collectively speaking, All of us together... there wouldn't be much we don't know about our sport.. and for that matter OT matters aswell :biggthump

People here are kind courteous and it's always a pleasure to come here and have a good ol' read on what's going on......

Anyways I've started rambling...

All I have to say is

I wish Everyone here at BOL A Very Happy New Year.

May 2007 bring Health, Wealth, Happiness and lots of snow for all!!

I Will Try My Hardest

Cool, just try to picture the guys and gals on BOL as your potential next "Best Friend". Some of my favorite people on earth are members here. Hopefully you feel the same or will soon.

In fact , you just never know what can come of the briefest meetings with people. I have often said " I fall into better things than I could ever plan".

I won't bore you with examples. Just think back to a time when you were feeling good and you said something nice to someone. A great time that you couldn't have planned may have come from it? Thought so. Enjoy!!

WAHH, someone edited their post and makes me look like a freak talking to myself

anyway, it will pass the forum is maturing

so I'd like to ask people not to delete or edit their posts so heavily that it makes me look like a idiot talking to no one or at least leave a reason why it was edited

Ill admit as one of a somewhat-goldie-oldie forum poster, I seldomly read every post. I usually stay away from controversial posts. Yeah, there's some people I miss seeing on regular basis. PSR, and the likes. I believe PSR still hangs out in freecarve, tho ?

Hey YYZ!

Could it be you're saying that because you only have 18 posts? (It's funny to see you listed as a skidder, having seen you lay down carves on icy steep stuff)

I just got past the 'groomer grommet' stage last night, so now I'm all full of myself being a 'carver extraordinaire'.

Would you want the criteria changed to reflect the carving prowess of ones wife? If that were the case, your status would have to be one of 'legend touched by God'.

BTW - was the movie line from PCU?

Happy New Year!

MT

How about getting rid of the 'number of posts' counter and the various 'levels' such as groomer grommet, alpine ace?

Just because someone has posted 1000+ times, doesn't make them an expert!

i like this idea. another would be to only make on topic (carving) posts count towards the total. that is impossible to do but would show a more accurate post count. another would be to have video of each user attached to their profile so you can judge the caliber of rider when reading their post.

How about getting rid of the 'number of posts' counter and the various 'levels' such as groomer grommet, alpine ace?

That's true. However, I can't think of a single forum without postcounts. We'll discuss.

Been using the search and delete functions, eh Dave? no way you're at 18.

another would be to have video of each user attached to their profile .

Awesome! Come on down with your camera and you can spend the day fillming me before flying across the country hitting all the rest of the carvers :biggthump

I would love some video of me riding, I think that would help loads!

I'd down with counters, but the titles could be done away with. Not that I base my opinions of someones comments on the number of "bump" threads they post.

I'll agree with others comments though, compared to many a message board, bomber is generally polite and helpful. I'm a sarcastic SOB in real life, and I don't mind the terse posts. I've only been offended by one email from one poster in my whole time here, and he's generally referred to as a stand up guy, so I let it slide. Rather then change anything, lets keep doing what we already, generally, are doing well. :1luvu:

Works for me! (says the guy whose post count is greater than his expertise)

[...]

BTW - was the movie line from PCU?

Happy New Year!

MT

Dingdingding! Gut, tell him what he has won.

I don't know why, but this movie has stuck with me and I can't help but find it funny. And I discovered that it is quite obsucre as very few people know about it. And, shame on me, I know it almost by heart...:smashfrea