Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

6 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Trail building for bike or moto?!!?

ink

This first trail is mainly for sleds and minimal atv use, to connect us to the state trails. This hugs the right side of most of the property line and gets us up to a decent sized pond called Elbow Pond. 

Once that's done, the goal is to do some trails on the spines of each little peak on the property. There are some great elevation gains/drops, so hoping to be able to do some shuttle runs for Mt bikes. Realistically though, who the fahk am I kidding, the owner of this property is also my fishing captain, we spend all summer chasing fish and mudslides. We wont be up there much in the Summah. 

GFY's 

P.S The Bad Dads appear to be in tact for this weekend, should be a real disaster of a time. 

• Like 1

I need a bad dad beat down to get out of my head from my incident on our last run together. 

$hit is looking pretty Bleak for you goons. Hope you get some snow from the monster heading your way, the luv got  whopping 1.5" out of it

Say hi to tank for me

Edited by big mario
Forgot some very important $hit

• 3 weeks later...

Loon was going off last week ! Conditions were as good as they could be, seeing Cannon was/is closed, WV is begging us for lane space, and we pulled off the first race of the season !

Typical xmas week at Loon with former/current racers from all levels a buzzin around putting on a snowboard clinic for BIG crowd of NH tax payers and day trippers with AMEX cards. 

Saturdays role call, Kanc 8 at 8. AKA 88. 

GFY's 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, *Ace* said:

What a day ripping up Loon. Northstar was in primo shape all day. Took a run over on Ripsaw on the South Peak. That one keeps you on your game for sure, wowza. Helluva place. I’ll have to make it back up there one day for sure!

It’s the Alpine snowboard mecca of North America !!! Always GUYz and Gals buzzin around at The Dirty Bird. On a normal day, you’ll be riding with former Olympians, former/current World cuppers and full blown degenerate Hard chargers. 

The 2023 Mustache Cup is in full swing if anyone wants to witness that fiasco. Every Saturday at 8 on the 8, we fire up the saws. It’s like LCI’s Sunday Carve church, but more like carve confession. 
In the works, nor am races again, which we haven’t hosted since 2004 !!
FYI we are not equipped for the ECES 2024. The complaint box would be full by 9:15. 

GFYs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

tested soft boots yesterday after a 2/9 ankle surgery. rode the morning and switched to alpine at noon. a firm upper flume and chunky sunset were the only carvable spots. kind of obvious this time of year, but the rest of the place is slush. dam it's a lot of work to ride those conditions. like riding a bike, except for the recovery part. as long as the woo's keep coming from the chairlift, one good turn deserves another. hoping for some decent turns next week on timberline a couple clicks north.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 12:36 PM, Jack M said:

Does T32 teach switch carving with ski poles?  I need to learn.

With small class sizes your private instructor will go over everything from proper ski pole length and hand management to picking the right 90's era board to rip on. Afterwards, the fun will continue with a guided fat bike tour.

• Haha 4

why is it that riding through that family ski zone (bear claw) always feels like riding through a private bedroom? like cows learning to use their legs. welcome, but don't look and keep 'er mooovin.

• Haha 1