Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Gnarly dude!

One time I got all twisted up while loading at 7-Bros because the group in front of us had a similar issue.  When I got ready to load the chair, the upper bracket hit me in the head and cut my scalp.  This one guy sees the blood running down my face and smeared over my eye and says, "You look like an Indian" and laughed.  I was like, real funny bro, but I think you mean Native American! 

• Haha 3

Ski patrol:

so I’ve been getting lots requests from ski patrol all year since Connie started wearing the white Kross for me to join as well . 
the director who has pulled my pass 3 times now, and has even put me in the back of a Lincoln squad car at one time, grabbed me yesterday, after I knifed lower flume 3 consecutive runs early yesterday. I shrugged it off as I would never consider it, BUT THEN I thought about it: 

early morning sweep, setting panels anywhere. Possibly in the half pipe !!! Northstar and lower flume for sure !!

noon grooms, angel street and lower flume. 

Spending most of my time doing some light limbing with my MS462, in the woods.

Maybe some site work down Gondi line, and flush cutting all stumps under south peak, with some more light limbing through that whole side as well.

a bad dads ONLY singles line at the lifts and the bar line.

so I’m starting a go fund me page for a pair of tasseled leather gloves  with the white cross .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

Ski patrol:

Better people than me.  They do cool stuff but they also do a lot of shitty manual labor.  I'm not altruistic enough.  When was the last time you saw a patroller ripping it up for the fun of it?  I can't remember.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:35 AM, Jack M said:

Better people than me.  They do cool stuff but they also do a lot of shitty manual labor.  I'm not altruistic enough.  When was the last time you saw a patroller ripping it up for the fun of it?  I can't remember.

The young patroller at the river that took care of me in January was solid, professional, thoughtful and attentive. He ripped on skis with me in the sled as well. In 46 years of on snow fun and excitement, that was my first sled ride..that I remember..but they are definitely not compensated enough for the labor they face.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:35 AM, Jack M said:

The plot thickens, with ski patrol. A couple weeks ago, I had two Ski Patrol assists as ski patrol was having a busy afternoon.

First was a tib/fib break on Upper Walking Boss, Ski Patrol took 30 min to get on scene. Then when they got there, the second Ski Patrolman on a Donkey Knapton,  had to leave right away, So they asked Connies Brother aka JMFD for help. GONGSHOW. wrap that one up and head down to the lift, then as I'm in the lift line, some poor kid in front of me, screwing around in lift line standing on his ski tips, literally knocks two of his teeth out. Being an expert in tooth injuries from my previous life, I thought id take care of this young goon and wait 30 min while Ski Patrol got to him. I told the kid, all the fun he is going to have with losing his teeth when he gets older, and he will need a bat to defend himself as all the girls are going to be attacking him when he gets older. At least I got the kid to laugh as blood was shooting out everywhere as I'm making him laugh !!

+50 CP's Im pulling away, this is all but clinches for 21/22 CPS Championship ! I at least have wrapped up home field for the playoffs...........

• Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, Hollywood 90210 said:

Absolutely correct Mr. Polaris. The self scoring rule has been in place for a few weekends now. It was put on the books just for situations like this. It is OK to admit to a deduction but claiming positive points is a big no-no. BTW Mr John Deere, good job for helping out. 

Like all the other herk jerk rule changes, I didn’t get the memo on this one either. I apologize…………. and GFYs !!!

p.s is our season ova, or are we doing 80’s day next weekend ?

7 hours ago, lonbordin said:

You guys are going to have to be in full schedule mode next season... 

https://snowbrains.com/7-ikon-pass-resorts-will-manage-crowds-by-requiring-reservations-next-season/

Unreal. 

I just put that $hithole aka LOON in my rear view mirror for the next 6 months , and you have my turbo all spun up again at full PSI !!! 
****in dump. 
p.s the tater tots are even over fried. During 80”s day we had a Tot eating contest. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...