Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

• 2 weeks later...

Big Duke 6 will be providing fashion and accessory advice at roll call. Dana will be giving an on snow toe side carve clinic Saturday morning.  The Brofessor AKA the Chuck Norris of alpine will be sharing his beard and stash grooming secrets in the afternoon. Refreshments will be served at the team club house (van) between the the morning and afternoon sessions. Reserve early there are only limited number of slots for this highly rated clinic.

• Like 2

This upcoming Saturday has a great chance of some heaving anticipation !!
The end of the season is a love and hate feeling. Love the warmer weather, after a long cold flat lighted winter. But the flip side is that the conditions are indescribable at Loon. Two weekends ago it started, in one turn , you were managing 2-3 different snow conditions. For some reason I’ve only seen this at loon. 
anywho enough about the worst groomers and mountain management in the entire ski industry. Let’s talk about this weekends BDC event ! 
since Loon is the only mountain that deems a group of GUYs chillin next to a VAN as “illegal activity” , we are taking our white trash ways up to the auxiliary overflow lot of the Bitterend, where illegal activity is accepted with open arms. 
Lon Bod, Shot Bod, bent bod, hard bod, soft bod, all welcome Saturday. What is prohibited is our Beards............ but facial hair is still required if you get the drift. 

408812AB-102A-4D97-9141-88B80C9BACFC.jpeg

Charged up the clippers and beard is coming off tonight. The stash style is TBD and I will be game ready Saturday morning. Bring a beverage to the lift line in the morning. We will stash it at the top and have a toast at the top of the lookout tower at the end of our riding session.  Scotty boy if you see this this is all for you. We will make jack@sses out of ourselves (not hard to do with this group) in a hope to make you smile. We will give you a call on WhatsApp on Saturday so you can take part in the festivities. Take care Bro, looking forward to taking some epic runs and mt bike rides with you soon.

4 hours ago, Hollywood 90210 said:

I forgot we had a picture of that. I felt that chest impact from where I was standing. I may have chuckled a bit when it happened but I laughed today. I am surprised you didn't break your sternum/ribs.

So when I broke my back again, "back " in September of last year, They informed me that I had previously broken my back , from "back" in the day. All I can think of is a face plant I did "back" in 2010 on my new Santa Cruz Bullit, off a 5' drop to scorpion flat landing and this scorpion I did "back" in 2016 putting on a slalom clinic, on a 177 Coiler "whatever he made me". Needless to say my back has been a mess for a while. Again anotha lesson learned albeit not from this season:  Dont take a 177 supposed to be All Mtn down a tight slalom without having a clue as to the side kunt radius is on ya bod !!!! It ends badly.