Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Game 7 left me feeling cold and dead inside. After the rat let the 2nd goal happen, the optimism was gone. They played $hitty at home-is what is is..neither one of those surgeries sound pleasant. Guessing hip is faster. Old man had rotator cuff/bicep tear/tri damage..6 months+ of little usage after surgery.

• 1 month later...

Spent the weekend up in the 603.

Headed up to Burke Saturday to check out their lift access Dh trails, pretty mint. Less crowded than Highland and a little more tamed, I really liked it.  I also felt like I was in Quebec. Mostly French speaking Canadians. 

Sunday, crawled up Brookway, came upon Loons new downhill trails. Looks like one is done, and they are just starting the 2nd trail. Both are right off the Kissing cousins triple chair on the Gogo side. 

The section I crawled up was plush, and seemed fast and flowy. I don't think they put in actual jumps yet, it more seemed like they concentrated on the civil engineering portion, all in all they did a really nicer job, it seems like it should be able to stay open even when its raining. Either way I cant wait, it beats crawling up Brookway, to the drop off of the Kissing cousins triple, then sending it down a jeep road with softball sized Talas gardens everywhere. 

transition .JPG

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Packing my scuba gear now. Saturday is gonna be wet, then temps will plummet for Sunday, I guess I’ll bring my CCM 852’s as well for that #shitshow. 
Off to a good start so far. Haven’t taken out an alpine board just yet, was hoping to possibly take one “out for a rip” on Saturday,  but I might have to wait till after Xmas. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

12/28, a group of former LRT riders will be on the hill. The youngens are as lippy as ever, and have promised to outgun me on the hill and in the bahh. I said NFW that is possible, but we will see.  I'd love to have a couple Grey Beards by my side, just in case this gets ugly. 

Unfortunately their alpine days are behind them, they will be on their BX setups. I will join as well with my BXer, so there are NO excuses. 

Merry Christmas and GFY's  !

2020 Fill IT UP AGAIN !!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loon is going off this week ! Yesterday was unreal, 100% shralpable until 11:30 !!

Team grey beard took a couple victory laps down Hollywood. the T28 Founding family was rocking the stash . 

A great showing from some alums, home for the holiday break before some nor-ams in  Quebec. 

The midweek crew was in full effect, finally got to rip some runs with them down, surprise , surprise,  Hollywood !!!  

Best dressed RA, who was geared up for the Baja 1000. 

a small group of LRT dads finally got to take the sleds “out for a rip“  from the flume parking lot, up to twin mountain. This could become another bad habit for me, just sayin. 

Fligs  no show ! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Weekend agenda:

So the weather looks like its  going to be a mess. My phone says, snow, but the local ice cream man from Beverly is calling for a wash out. However I just spoke with Chomp my nephew, hes hearing POW !! So whatever fuhhkin happens, happens, either way its all getting left on the hill or in the bahhh. 

So lets get to brass tax. I have formed a new club/team, unknowingly till now, but with the remaining (3) T32 members and Spicolli the rookie who is competing for a spot in his trial year. So over winter break Spicolli and I took it upon ourselves to form a new club,  TBDC. NO , its not The Big Dink Club, its The Bad Dads Club, but it very easily could be called the first one, just sayin. What we do is, we sneak over to the other side of the mountain, where noone knows us, remembers me, and its judgement free zone. The drink of choice is Budlight, we crush 3-4 in the hour that we are given, while the LRT kids are wrapping up their afternoons. We then sprint across the parking lot like teenagers so we don't get caught, by the kids or significant others. So far we have had 3 successful missions, the only hiccup was one afternoon, while loading up my truck with my daughter and her gear. A couple Sled heads I know, asked if I wanted to go out for a rip on the 800 2 strokes . Without hesitation, I said I was in. Dropped Mack off at a play date, Then proceed to chug a gallon of water, then revived my whole system with a Skoal mint pouch and I was Shred Ready. 

So look for us to be in the PBR sometime around 10:30 - 11:30.  AM - not a big deal !!! if its raining like the ice cream truck driver predicted.  If its not we will push the meeting back to 12:15 - 1:15 PM. 

P.S I did hear some rumblings of a guy with van, pushing the pace on about 5-6 pitchers in the adult bar a couple weeks back. I heard he was giving out free ice cream on his ride back to exit 28. Sorry I missed it !!! 

Hopefully our boy Chomp is right on with his forecast. The van will be heading up 93 from MA in the morning, shooting to be on the hill for the 8am roll call. A new board will be on the hill this weekend. It is a custom from our friend in the Great White North. He guaranteed it would rip, and said "if it didn't, the board is the source of the problem". I will bring tools if anyone wants to give it a ride.

20 hours ago, polaris said:

I will be there.

What size are my feet again?  Give me the next largest size, brother!

668007410_Foots-l500.jpg.e0e96f77e0b0a91ba9cf0b231961a4db.jpg

If that happens twice in less than a month, does that make it my fault ? I think it does. 

I have witnesses for both though ...………………………….. !

On the sneaker scene, I had 3 family member with me. The best part about that, was I only tried on the one pair. But as the shopping continued in the store for the other 3, the HIGH end sneaker salesman said he would put those behind the counter for me as they were selling them out quickly. Thanks GUY for your HELP !!!!

With the Drivem MacGyvers, I only had the TANK with me. When I got home that day after we swapped boards, I rushed to check the size on my last pair of Burtons, when I saw them my jaw dropped. " IT FUHHKIN HAPPENED AGAIN " "Fuhhk " "WTF" …….………………………… "FUHHKIN TWICE"

So I'm thinking Def Leppard - Armegeddon ALL Day today to get the STOKE rev limiter up !!! 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is around this Friday, I’ll be at Loon, if you’d like to join. 
Chomping at the bit to get back on the hill, I’ve been laying in bed with an ear and sinus infection since 2/7. 13 years in a row going to the World of Concrete show in Vegas, and all very similar returns. Maybe next year I don’t line up bottle service for the Crazy Horse while we are waiting for our bags when we get to McCarran airfield ?!?!?!? I think that will be the last time...................

Did you know that they only bomb the Sugarloaf snowfields on the weekend !?!?!?

yup I actually heard that on the lift at the Loaf, as a BRO with a 3 day pass and a TexASS accent was curious as to why they weren’t bombing the snowfields with the recent 12” snow On a Friday . So then a “Useless in Eustes” local Bro on the chair, says GUY they only Bomb on the weekends GUY and why don’t you roll up your 3 day pass Guy and use it as a hot cocoa straw guy. 

P.S I was sooo impressed with the resilience of the average to the below average Maine skier. 
youre on the chair watching these shit shows on skis come down at a much greater tempo than you would find at a NH mountain, and they just will not fall and yard sale. It was so amazing to me, I’m watching these Maineacs come down, hands flailing, gapah gapping, as far as you can get In the back seat, skis dangling like they were just attached onto the ski pants, and they would not fall. It was amazing. its like Donny Pelletier has a following of wanna be like donnys. 

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gave it a try on Thursday,  good to get out ,  sheet of  ice underneath, with loose granular on top. Very fast, but was not holding edge much.

emailed new precautionary measures will be added starting Saturday, March 14:

To reduce confined close-contact situations, the Gondola will be closed until further notice. Seven Brothers Triple and East Basin Double will operate daily for access to the summit of Loon Peak.

Singles lines will be removed at all lifts. Loon team members will not ask guests to join other groups on a chairlift.

Kinderbear and PK Boo lessons, Daycare and all lesson programs for ages 7 & under have been suspended to help reduce situations that require close-contact and extended time indoors.

Seasonal programs: Scouts and Dev Team groups with participants ages 7 & under have been suspended.

Removing seats and tables from Octagon and Governor Adams lodges to increase social distancing.

Edited by RobertAlexander

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...