Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

The Bad Dads meet at 7:30am at Governor Adams lodge next to the Kanc fudge pack. Breakfast burritos 9:00 Jamaica Hut. 10 x 10 x 10 at Bunyan. If that doesn't make sense, Bunyan Room at 10am. Somewhere in between all the urine breaks, wining, eating, layering, we somehow manage to get about 10 runs in. 

gfy

Bonzguy,

if you can make it today, it’s the annual WKCD “watch Ken carve day” at loon. Every year our GUY, GUYFATHA himself takes his colleagues to Loon. He puts on his usual clinic, and the rest watch in awe. 

the rest of us hacks will be there tomorrow. 
Sack up, layer up, and cough up beer money ! 
gfy

• 4 weeks later...

I'm planning a New England Ikon working road trip next week. Riding in the mornings & working in the afternoon/evening. Definitely planning to spend a day at Loon. Anyone up to meet up and ride? My schedule is flexible, so I can work my days around when others are available.

I won’t be around this weekend, I’m in Co.

next weekend I’m away as well as my daughter has ski races at another Mtn. 

the crew most likely will be. They get ready in the governor Adams lodge, next to the kank8 lift. 
look for beards,  high end bods, and laughter stemming from total nonsense. 

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

4-5" overnight wednesday night. pretty gusty throughout the night. great snowman snow. temps in low 30's during most snowfall and mid to high 30's throughout the day. dusting of flurries all Thursday morning. +2" maybe. picked up in afternoon for a few hours. another positive 2". stagnant thursday evening and expect some random flurry activity throughout the night. "storm"? no, but a welcome refresher to the groom. any hopes of powder will be crushed unless you want to slash a couple of beat up drifts. mostly east winds blew with authority. do the math. friday morning and saturday morning should be ok. sunday looks ok too. ragged is claiming 12", loon 10".