Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Am going to guess Loon got a little more snow and is usually a bit fluffier/lighter, because of the higher elevation. We got another inch over the course of the day.  Am going to try for early tomorrow, and Friday, it may warm up Friday, but still should be good. Actually messaged him yesterday with a pic of the new to me  10 hours run time  (mint julep) Beta EVO 300 Factory trials bike.  Was riding it on the ice yesterday in 0 deg f.  Wheelies.

I do not have a typical plan, other than if the snow is good , I go.

Edited by RobertAlexander

At first signs of snow melt,  am doing  an explore of 400 acres for trials event, the 600 acres across the street has already been looked at and in the opinion of a few local Pro's has International potential. The 400 has not even been looked at , and the land owner said it has some good big out croppings of rock and stand alone rocks of good size.   The topos of the 400 look to be very good/unique.    Last October I saw some of this 400 from the property line, and it looked good, with some really nice rocks.  Untouched old growth kind of forest that did not appear to be that much of a mess.    

When I say "International Trials Event" , that is all the Champs from around the world, are looking for the next big challenging rock formations,  to push their skills to the next level,  this place has these rocks, and the amount of them, to have a multi day event, with a field for parking. staging area, etc.   So this could be something that may turn out to be a really big deal, if everything works out well. We are going to find out.    Late March, early April,  when ever the snow melts enough to see what is on the ground, southern exposure, etc , approx. exit 20, let me know.  this link was Berwick maine rock and roll trials ,  NETA

Loon is good, good snow, good coverage, stayed late and was walking on the fresh groomed on the way out,  should set up well overnight for nice carve for next day,, Friday.

Friday , good carve snow, additional inch over the day.  Stayed cool enough over the day to stay good  snow.   The snow rain line at 3pm i93 south bound was exit 30.  

With Friday’s down pour and dropping temps down into the singles it was a little scratchy. 

Sunday funday , suns out guns out. Only trail that they rolled verses the old rotor tiller sugar crap was angel street and lower dipper. Felt like a psycho taking laps for 3hrs straight doing the same trail. 

Saturday- Rough one, but a good one all in all. Weapon, Kessler 180 black top/Gecko's, IMO that's allot of board. Beat the crap out of myself, had to crank down the boots to keep my feet from coming out of the boots. Laps on the FIS hill, B netting on both sides, good race hard pack, minimal pockets of gapers.  Maybe one, possibly two on Hollywood to close the day out. The sun was out I couldn't resist. 

APRES: 11 year old B-day party for MACK. slayed it. 20 of her LRT girlfriends at the pool, Then some pizza and an unreal cake. Big thanks to the Swede, she killed it. Lifeguards at the pool portion, Mojo and DUKE. Mrs Mojo, again huge help with the party as well.

Sunday Funday - Team, Guy Fatha, Hollywood, Spicoli and DUKE. Weapon, 185 Kessler silver top/Gecko's. Cant say enough how much I love the metal tops, absolute man chub going all day with it. Got about 4 in with the boyz, then had to boogie over to the race hill, to watch Mack's race. It was awesome yesterday, after the 1st run, I went in to check on her, to see how she did. Full blown melt down, one run, not a great finish to her standards, pre teen meltdown. After I settled her down, she gathered herself, gave me some feedback on what her ski's weren't doing. HHHMMMMM, Mack I'll be right back. grabbed a base guide and file, and went to work. Second run, 13 positions better than the 1st !!!!!! It's crazy, that an 11 year old knows when her ski's were tuned differently. Long story short, tried a new shop out, they went with a different base bevel angle, than what she has been skiing since she was 3. Good luck telling a ski tuner what to do. 

Anyways, off to CO to rack up some pims in the 303 !

1st stop ABS-  possible mountain slope purchase. 

2nd stop- Birds of pray with the salesman !!!! 

3rd stop - LCI

GET SUM !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was there Today - Monday March 18th.....it was FIRM.......barely softened up around 2pm or so

I'm glad I went and I had some good turns here and there...but it was alot scratchy and a little sketchy to get aggressive on....imo

The conditions told me my edges were not up to the challenge so I  dropped my boards off at Rodgers Ski for Josh  to put his magic touch on!   

He said the Firm conditions had him busy with Alpine boards - he had 5 other Kessler Alpine boards currently in for a wax job and sharpening!!!

We were loving the firm conditions this weekend. 

John Deere shot the above of me and Hollywood with his Motorola flip phone.  Not sure about the soundtrack.  Really miss the Muffin Man.  His vids are usually a bit better than this.  This one is a disgrace. 

Edited by polaris
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, polaris said:

We were loving the firm conditions this weekend. 

John Deere shot the above of me and Hollywood with his Motorola flip phone.  Not sure about the soundtrack.  Really miss the Muffin Man.  His vids are usually a bit better than this.  This one is a disgrace. 

holy $hit that video is awful. I thought I used my smart phone, guess not. 

Lookin good boys, icy was an understatement for Saturday. I was drooling watching you come down. Still had a great day softy shralping with my Joey's from down south. 

1 hour ago, workshop7 said:

I’ll be at Loon tomorrow if anyone else is there and wants to hook up.

We have a small posse that will be in attendance tomorrow as well.

Some of the regular "weekend warriors" , a couple old school "weekend visitors", and a drone. 

Either way we will be a disgrace to the sport. 

IMG_0166.jpg

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a text from Main Grip, he said he would start editing the footage from our Upper Walking boss shralp session this week, pics and short vid clips to follow.

I'm out this weekend, father daughter dance in NY, probably the last 😢

Also my apologies for last weekends no show, turns out I did have the flu the day Main Grip was there. It was a long 4 days after/during our Main Grip session, finally felt better by Sunday night. 

I will be up starting the 10th through the 22nd, so who ever is around and what's to rip let me know. 

UMASS HOCKEY...……….NOTABIGDEAL !!!

HOCKEY EAST still the beast. 2 our 4  in the final 4 again, this is getting boring...…….😴

Just checked the UMH archives I'm still on the career penalty minute all time leader list. Not where I wanted to be 20 years after the fact, but In fairness to me I did really only get 3 full years of playing time with some injuries at both ends of my #fullride, I would have been a top 15 all time goon if I got my full 120 games in, just saying. 

"Just checked the UMH archives I'm still on the career penalty minute all time leader list. Not where I wanted to be 20 years after the fact, but In fairness to me I did really only get 3 full years of playing time with some injuries at both ends of my #fullride, I would have been a top 15 all time goon if I got my full 120 games in, just saying."

Domi, McSorley, Pronger, Beukeboom, Messier, McTavish, Iafrate, Stevens, Shanahan, Neeley....miss that hockey

On April 6, 2019 at 11:01 AM, powdahbonz said:

"Just checked the UMH archives I'm still on the career penalty minute all time leader list. Not where I wanted to be 20 years after the fact, but In fairness to me I did really only get 3 full years of playing time with some injuries at both ends of my #fullride, I would have been a top 15 all time goon if I got my full 120 games in, just saying."

Domi, McSorley, Pronger, Beukeboom, Messier, McTavish, Iafrate, Stevens, Shanahan, Neeley....miss that hockey

Some beauties on that list, But you missed the Gladiators of that era.

Probie, grim reaper, chaser, twister, sandy McCarthy,  laroque, kordik, knuckles, miller time, the sand man. 

I agree it's a totally different game. I can't watch hockey anymore, at least regular season. The playoffs are still good. But for the most part it's awful. The Always hungry league is still fun to watch, those guys still kill themselves every night to get to the show. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I blame this thread for the B's lackluster performance last night in game 7. We are all to blame for this, the B's needed everyone pulling for them, and the Loon/WV thread was irrelevant during this playoff run. In the end it caused the bruins their unfair fate. We all should be ashamed of ourselves. 

I know Hollywood has his summer boytoy, up in the hills of Brokeback NH. A couple guys are catching 3 footers on the coast, and Im contemplating which surgey I should do 1st. Hip or rotator cuff ?!?!?!?

• Like 1