Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

Anyone in greater Central NH got a set of bindings I can try out? Just for a day or so.

I have used plates a few times in the past and want to try again with my AT boots and freeride board. Boots are 310mm BSL.

I am in Concord, NH.

Thanks, Spencer

sndwork at g mail dot com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Guy,

Been waiting for you at the Superspreaderquad for weeks now. 

What gives? Your fuel gel up or sumpin'?

Guy,  I’ve been busy guy. 
Been helping Hollywood finish up his van. 

Yesterday was the first day with the new paint job. Three visitors took a tour of the VAN. I myself was taught at a young age to not go into a van, ANY VAN, even if you ride with the GUY. So I stayed up front and MANned the radio. Meanwhile Hollywood was offering M&M's and Bud-lightnings to his guests in the back as they warmed up. Not sure if security was interested in the free beer and candy, but they were circling us like great whites sharks. 

On the snow it was all business. We had lower flume to ourselves and it was firm and somewhat sunny. No audience as the NPQ was on wind hold. 

Saturday we were in our typical form. The second I arrived, both Guy Fatha and Hollywood just started feeding rights and lefts. Between the 3 of us, we destroyed flume in about 5 runs, snow was soft, and the Bad DADS were heavy and willing. Lots of shout outs from our fans as the NPQ had plenty of spectators. 

2DB9EE42-7351-4EE5-99BA-5AFFDBBB0735.jpeg

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
i forgot about the van tours
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The riding was good last weekend. Firm and cold just the way we like it. There was some major trail damage by the heavy hitters. Even if one of the guys has lost all of his gains. There has been talk of getting team boot gloves, They will match the mittens pictured above. Mr John Deer is putting in a group order so let him know if you want a pair.

Edited by Hollywood 90210
  • Like 1

Listen, If I am going to take a clinic in Montana this is what I want to learn...

1. How to bed cougars and get paid to do it.

2. How to start a donation campaign for an event that never materializes and then not return the money.

3. How to claim you invented a binding adjustment and slap your name on it.

4. How to explain to your cougar you wrecked her Tesla.

5. How to write really long posts explaining how awesome I am.

What else am I missing?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, trailertrash said:

What else am I missing?

I missed the section about how fast you go and how big your carves are... on softboots.

Oh and sleds... Driving sleds... The absence of in this thread is probably near a cardinal sin (and no I'm not talking about vans and candy).

Edited by lonbordin
yes I'm hellbound in my van -> https://i.imgur.com/g80bgrC.jpg
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, polaris said:

It was nice to see you and Connie on the hill.

Love the new mittens, guy.  Did they every get back to you about the matching boot gloves?

Mittens.jpg.ad1685c49b9af76b2e47aec7f2fb05fd.jpg

So guy, I went to www.squattopee.com where Connie shops.

they have a huge selection of toe mittens. The tassel ones are custom order and have a lead time of 4 weeks. I went with 4) sets of the neoprene ones, just like the one GoeffV had back in the day. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, trailertrash said:

Listen, If I am going to take a clinic in Montana this is what I want to learn...

2. How to start a donation campaign for an event that never materializes and then not return the money.

What else am I missing?

What you’ve missed is the MacChattastashe clinic. It is no longer available.

formelry held at loon every Saturday and Sunday. 

even though the class actually started the night before, at another bah, the station bah.

1st tip, was close the bah. 2nd tip, fill up flask before you go to bed. 3rd tip, wool lined jeans, which were already on cause you slept in them. 4th tip, bring change, for TD1 adjustments and canting, if you were bowlegged. 5th, show up to the bAh, tell the fellas how you just left the other bah, offer the fellas a pull from the flask at 7:15am.  5th, talk with the fellas, about your bald tires, and how to properly sharpen Dahts, and tell them how their heel sides really suck, but the toe sides are good.  
6th tip, leave your prescription glasses in the bah, so you can see your mug when you get back in at 9:45am. 7th tip, chatta and crash into the fellas at every designated rest station, then tell everyone you can’t see a thing. 
8th tip, 9:30 ish, listen for the loon train whistle to blow, bah time. 
9th tip, the day actually begins. Go to the bah, order a beer before they officially open at 10, start a tab, wait for flynnie. Crush a quick 3-4, then had back out with the LMP crew, and do T da B’s all day in the pahk, with your one legged water ski bod. Sing T da B, beer for free, flynnie n me all day. 
repeat Sunday. 

2 hours ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

What you’ve missed is the MacChattastashe clinic. It is no longer available.

formelry held at loon every Saturday and Sunday. 

even though the class actually started the night before, at another bah, the station bah.

1st tip, was close the bah. 2nd tip, fill up flask before you go to bed. 3rd tip, wool lined jeans, which were already on cause you slept in them. 4th tip, bring change, for TD1 adjustments and canting, if you were bowlegged. 5th, show up to the bAh, tell the fellas how you just left the other bah, offer the fellas a pull from the flask at 7:15am.  5th, talk with the fellas, about your bald tires, and how to properly sharpen Dahts, and tell them how their heel sides really suck, but the toe sides are good.  
6th tip, leave your prescription glasses in the bah, so you can see your mug when you get back in at 9:45am. 7th tip, chatta and crash into the fellas at every designated rest station, then tell everyone you can’t see a thing. 
8th tip, 9:30 ish, listen for the loon train whistle to blow, bah time. 
9th tip, the day actually begins. Go to the bah, order a beer before they officially open at 10, start a tab, wait for flynnie. Crush a quick 3-4, then had back out with the LMP crew, and do T da B’s all day in the pahk, with your one legged water ski bod. Sing T da B, beer for free, flynnie n me all day. 
repeat Sunday. 

Priceless!

That was a clinic for the ages!

14 hours ago, trailertrash said:

What else am I missing?

Aspen on a budget: Her budget.

Where to find the best lift ticket deals: The cougar pays!

A platinum blonde's guide to the grift.

MADD about you: The obsolescence of a 25-year old snowboard.

• Like 1