Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

UMass Hockey in the National Championship for the 2nd year in a row !

Despite losing both of their goalies to COVID, along with 2 top forwards, they beat the reining National Champs, UMD bulldogs, with basically their waterboy in net. Not kidding. Only St Cloud stands in their way for the first national championship in program history. 

p.s sorry to be so serious on this post, GFYs 

On 4/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

UMass Hockey in the National Championship for the 2nd year in a row !

Despite losing both of their goalies to COVID, along with 2 top forwards, they beat the reining National Champs, UMD bulldogs, with basically their waterboy in net. Not kidding. Only St Cloud stands in their way for the first national championship in program history. 

p.s sorry to be so serious on this post, GFYs 

4E40A300-5E7D-4B21-99B1-22B117ABFBB1.jpeg

Just now, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

4E40A300-5E7D-4B21-99B1-22B117ABFBB1.jpeg

So happy for the boyz and the program !!!

Only played through midgets til this sideways sliding thing took over, but congrats! Loon is done and should close. One pass “wide” with cats on some trails. Lots of dirty brown snow with pebbles and some “ponds”. Needed one more and glad I didn’t get hurt. Park is really all that’s left. Wouldn’t count on this weekend. Look forward to December. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, dhamann said:

Only played through midgets til this sideways sliding thing took over, but congrats! Loon is done and should close. One pass “wide” with cats on some trails. Lots of dirty brown snow with pebbles and some “ponds”. Needed one more and glad I didn’t get hurt. Park is really all that’s left. Wouldn’t count on this weekend. Look forward to December. 

Powda day tomorrow at loon tomorrow BUB !!!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GUY I got my SNOWS on GUY, 4 degree side an .5 base bevel on some 35" BFG's Guy. 

Put on a clinic last Saturday night rolling coal through the notch in the recent snow event !

She felt like she was on rails..................guy. 

P.S My Mom, SISta and GF all had their Mittens on, just in case if we got stranded. 

Joe, You may not want to go in there just yet.

Needed to put the E350 in 4WD to get up the driveway on Sunday. Epic pow day. Loon on the weekend, perfect place to get un-tracked runs. Waited 15 mins for the Gondi to start loading. Was at the top within the first 15 cars. Could not find 2 clean turns on my first run! Total tracked out at 8am.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 7:14 AM, RobertAlexander said:

Loon is Good carve snow now.

RA it’s getting better, would love some light so we can see which demolition attachment the groomers used the night before. Twice on Sunday full on committed in a heelside through moguls. 

Upper North Star on my Coiler demo board was mint Sunday !

On another note the Bad Dads have been tearing it up at the bah!! We’ve come along way, I’d like to do a ten year challenge. 
A stack of empty bud light cups 2012 with 6 GUYS compared to a stack of empty pitchers that were filled with some 8%ers in 2022 with 4 GUYS  !!!

gfys 

6 hours ago, powdahbonz said:

Services for hire-Table Holder at Bunyan Room or Blue Ox..upper mountain costs extra due to inconvenience charge. If planning a trip to Loaf, more than happy to spot res seats at Bully's  while killing Tubular's like it's my new hobby

It’s funny, you offering your services to hold a table for us. 

Our fresh peace of Meat Jeff Spicolli, has been failing miserably in that department. Grab our pitcher and a table, and we are usually crawling up to BABES BLU Balls by 11am at the latest. 
full blown water works cry fest by 1pm. 

• LOL 1

I went yesterday, snow is a good 1/2",  1"  , 2" very cold hard hard pack. Some areas are questionable, with a little bit of crud mixed in,  can I cut into this?, so hit it hard and is OK.   This top layer, and any questionable spots, softens to perfect cold carve, once the sun hits it.    Underneath boiler plate base is a very solid snow/ice hard pack,  which seemed that it was holding and edge fine, everywhere. 

Many snow guns where running, and still are now, 24 hours continual.  7,  flume, etc, check the Loon conditions page for guns running.    So all of the above info disregard if snow guns ran. 

Bottom line, it is cold and good , so go get it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobertAlexander said:

I went yesterday, snow is a good 1/2",  1"  , 2" very cold hard hard pack. Some areas are questionable, with a little bit of crud mixed in,  can I cut into this?, so hit it hard and is OK.   This top layer, and any questionable spots, softens to perfect cold carve, once the sun hits it.    Underneath boiler plate base is a very solid snow/ice hard pack,  which seemed that it was holding and edge fine, everywhere. 

Many snow guns where running, and still are now, 24 hours continual.  7,  flume, etc, check the Loon conditions page for guns running.    So all of the above info disregard if snow guns ran. 

Bottom line, it is cold and good , so go get it. 

Weekday warrior !!! Have you been riding solo or with the Blacksmith ? 

Anytime you guys want to pad up and come out for a quick workout on a Saturday morning , let us know !!!  Moving forward we have a standing resi at Babes BLU balls.
Sunday’s there’s usually nothing left in the legs and I always seem to have a splitting headache, so sundays are even more pathetic then our Saturday outings. 

15 hours ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

Weekday warrior !!! Have you been riding solo or with the Blacksmith ? 

Anytime you guys want to pad up and come out for a quick workout on a Saturday morning , let us know !!!  Moving forward we have a standing resi at Babes BLU balls.
Sunday’s there’s usually nothing left in the legs and I always seem to have a splitting headache, so sundays are even more pathetic then our Saturday outings. 

Solo and Blacksmith,  we both are riding Proteus and Mk's this year, Thanks for the invite. There is a possible newbie from Parks who has an interest in hardboots, trying to get him into gear. Also a new rider with gear at the Wolfboro Abanaki slope. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes a feller can get down.  Short runs, "variable" conditions, Vail Corp, whether my local bump will even be open next season, bullshit acquisition woes at the workplace, etc. can all weigh on a guy and really **** up his path to flow/a better carve...

This happened to yours truly.  The flame of my stoke was greatly reduced...

I needed some good medicine.

Team 32 2009 is that good medicine for me.  It taps into the rebellious roots of snowboarding while at the same time pointing the way of alpine boarding today. 13 years ago, 13 ****ing years... fantastic. 

Thank you @MR. JOHN DEERE !
Thank you @polaris
Thank you @stevo
Thank you @Enzo
Thank you @Gleb
Thank you @MacChattaStache
Thank you @mojo

The next time I'm at Loon the first round is on me.  :biggthump

From the bottom of my heart, GFY.

ps- can we get another video?

Edited by lonbordin
I was playing Funkadelic on the lift rides up today... made every run better than the last.