Note to New Members ×

How to keep people off the tail of your board

Dave*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tim Tuthill

I may of missed it scroling the thread, but Velcro works well. An inch strip on each edge and tail end does well. It sticks real well! Dryer told me about it a few yaers ago.

I'm sure we've done this before, but it's good to see some images. I don't really care about the topsheets on my boards: the bases are a different matter. However it is annoying when this happens, and if you think it's bad in the new world you want to try it in Europe.

My approach... if there's a huge scrum, take your board off and walk as far as you can. They generally single-out the line before the lift, at which point there's only one "hostile" you have to deal with. Otherwise, stick the board on edge as discussed and face backwards: usually they get the message quite quickly, no agression required.

[Oh, I remember why I don't bother about the top-sheets... if you ride in Cats or helis then your gear's going to get hacked to death by everyone else's stuff anyway, so the sooner you just relax and let it go the better it will be for you in the long run. Boards are consumables.... use 'em hard then stick them in the garage and buy some more.]

[Oh, I remember why I don't bother about the top-sheets... if you ride in Cats or helis then your gear's going to get hacked to death by everyone else's stuff anyway, so the sooner you just relax and let it go the better it will be for you in the long run. Boards are consumables.... use 'em hard then stick them in the garage and buy some more.]

I have given up on the Frontier as it is getting pretty hacked. But my Burners aren't being made anymore and I am addicted to the way they ride. :1luvu:

I allow no one to liveth who toucheth the board in any way top or bottom. :smashfrea It is just disrespectful. I have occasionally done the Martian Mind Meld and left someone lying in a puddle of their own piss right when they thought they were going to get on the chair.

It is all in how you focus the energy on their third eye.

I finally adopted the bakoda startrack

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/bakodastartrac06.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Robin_Hood_WS_Accessories_610.html&h=145&w=150&sz=4&hl=it&sig2=MSr_7uAezFpo8ragjWNrng&start=2&tbnid=gY9dNze5T8qnyM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=96&ei=0_fNRLicHJ-oQYmmjEU&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbakoda%2Bstar%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dit%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2005-45,GGLG:it

on the tail of my board.

They have got good spikes on the top...

When someone put the ski (or the board) on my tail, I turn my head to him and simply say "The spikes on my tail are making you damaging your ski/board. Feel free to continue as long as you want" and I turn my head looking forward, talking with the friends of mine).

Regards!

• 3 years later...

When someone put the ski (or the board) on my tail, I turn my head to him and simply say "The spikes on my tail are making you damaging your ski/board. Feel free to continue as long as you want" and I turn my head looking forward, talking with the friends of mine).

Regards!

The problem is, I see quite a good amount of people with rental gears who totally disregard their own as well as others'. Many of them also lack control as well.

I adopted 'sticky spikes' method as well and it has been relatively successful, but some would still bump into the tail (ARRRRRGH!) and I've lost a few spikes over the last season.

Shart spikes, although it's an extremely attractive idea, might be a bit too dangerous...

That basic one wouldn't be hard to make. It would, however, be a little tedious.

If the angled design was scrapped, you could start with some basic angle iron (alu or stainless) and notch it with an angle cutter at regular intervals on a mill.

There is a simple way, without notching:

Use the expanded metal "diamond mesh" as the starting material. Cut should line up with the tips of the diamonds, creating the spikes. A single bend, to desired angle, on press&brake machine for thicker material, or with the clamps for thinner material, is required. Done.

How Nasty do you want to get? :confused:

Go to Home Depo and pick up a couple of long Milwaukee Sawzall Blades.

18 Tooth Bi-Metal if you want to be nice. :nono:

6 Tooth Wood/Plastic if you really want to get the message across. :eek::eplus2:

Grind them to the proper width of the tail and lay them in a bead of clear silicone sealer on a 30*-45* angle.

That should get the message across.:AR15firin:AR15firin

Now you are talkin!!!!! I want one for a Paper Weight, LOVE THAT SPIKE PAD!!!!! :1luvu:

Center drill the spike and place a carbide lathe bit in there. Or maybe just one of those pearcing spikes. :eek:\

Cool, I guess you can now call me "Lord of the Ruts" 3000 posts, damn, that is way too much.:smashfrea :rolleyes:

My approach... if there's a huge scrum, take your board off and walk as far as you can.

I was told off for doing this last season. Start of the morning, no one in the lift line, I walked the short stretch to the front of the lift line. One of the lift line guys made me stop walking. I was totally puzzled about this and asked him why. He said that my footprints messed up the flat snow that they had for the lift line. And this was in the South East, so we're not talking deep snow here; more like crushed hardpack.

First time I've ran into that problem in 20 years of boarding.

Paul

I was told off for doing this last season. Start of the morning, no one in the lift line, I walked the short stretch to the front of the lift line. One of the lift line guys made me stop walking. I was totally puzzled about this and asked him why. He said that my footprints messed up the flat snow that they had for the lift line. And this was in the South East, so we're not talking deep snow here; more like crushed hardpack.

First time I've ran into that problem in 20 years of boarding.

Paul

Ha! You should have put your board on and then stomped all the way down the line with your kick foot.

• 2 years later...
Was similarly warned off by liftie to slide on one foot and not remove board as little ones (the ones that ride up on the tail of your board)tend to fall in the craters left by hardbooters.:eplus2: Ahhh poor darlings !

Ha, that's ridiculous. Lifties worried about boot prints, seriously?...guess they didn't consider that the trenches you were leaving on the hill were an issue in comparison.