Note to New Members ×

How to keep people off the tail of your board

Dave*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You gals and guys need to take a lesson from nature. The little beaver has a great way of signalling a warning to his fellow beavers. A good old hard tail slap on the water.

when you roll up in line keep your board moving around with all that nervous carver energy, up on edge, down forward, back, and then a good lift the tail and beaver slap once or twice to clean the snow off. I've hammered a few tips of skis that way. And I don't apologize, just ask them why they are crowding, and tell them to relax. then do it again.

Its even more fun if you can do it with the board at a 20 degree angle and chop that edge into someones front end.

Alpine boards not only slice up the snow, but other equipment as well. Go on the offensive!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe how many people have blatant disrespect for other people's equipment.

Just tonight my board got "bonked". I was sitting in the middle of the run and a skier proceeds to jump over my board and bonk it. I catch up to him mid run and tell him to not bonk my board, without acknowledging, he rides off.

I catch up with him again at the lift line, and proceed to tell him if he bonks my board again I'd f****** k*** him. (Did not touch him at all).

I did not see him again for the rest of the night.

Harsh, but I really had no idea how to get my point across without sounding like an easy target ("Please do it again cause I really won't do anything").

I was sitting in the middle of the run and a skier proceeds to jump over my board and bonk it.

Gotta agree with John on this one. The only reasonable excuse for sitting in the run is that you have just been injured and can't move. I would be tempted to bonk your board too, but I usually just throw up a wall of snow over the boarders who sit in the middle of the run.

But that's just me.

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

You have a point. And I could care less if I got snow sprayed :P

I'm not totally sure if I sat there to either (Been lapping this run all day, I sat for either of these 2 reasons, lol)

1. wait for the slope to "drain" of traffic

2. I fell

Either way I'm going to wait on the side of the slope now, hopefully that eliminates the bonkers...

You have a point. And I could care less if I got snow sprayed :P

Either way I'm going to wait on the side of the slope now, hopefully that eliminates the bonkers...

Don't discount being sprayed as a not care thing. Think about 270 lbs of love on a 197 thrown sideways. We are not talking about a little dust being thrown up, but the kind of wall-o-snow that will knock down children. Think of it as my own little portable avalanche that I can create at any time.....think of it as blasting into everything you have on, creating snowdust inside your goggles and packing your ears and hat full. Well you get the idea.

Good of you to take something from the chiding. I try to stop on the side and in places where I can grab a sign or a snowgun or something out of the way cuz I am too lazy to want to sit down and get back up. But always on the side and out of the way. Safe riding. And stopping.

Don't discount being sprayed as a not care thing. Think about 270 lbs of love on a 197 thrown sideways. We are not talking about a little dust being thrown up, but the kind of wall-o-snow that will knock down children. Think of it as my own little portable avalanche that I can create at any time.....think of it as blasting into everything you have on, creating snowdust inside your goggles and packing your ears and hat full. Well you get the idea.

Good of you to take something from the chiding. I try to stop on the side and in places where I can grab a sign or a snowgun or something out of the way cuz I am too lazy to want to sit down and get back up. But always on the side and out of the way. Safe riding. And stopping.

NICE!!! A wall that goes "Whooomppp" when it hits its mark!!

Used sparingly for only the worst violators. Even better when they have opened up their jacket or googles :D :biggthump:eplus2:

Ok, you got me curious... how do you snow spray like that? (I've never sprayed anyone in my life, I haven't even attempted to "spray" anything)

I imagine it's a very hard stop and inclinated almost like an EC?

"hockey stop" Suggest start with perhaps a sign, a post, something you can't hurt. Of course it might hurt you.

Hard skidded stop. Emergency stop.

Caution, you really should be coached properly to avoid major negative ramifications from doing it poorly. I.E. Hurting the target, getting caught and having the life beat out of you. :angryfire:biggthump:eplus2: :rolleyes:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_q6Go30QkM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_q6Go30QkM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auHqmCBSQgw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auHqmCBSQgw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhoB3NNHy4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhoB3NNHy4?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

hahaha, I will practice against an imaginary target... :P

"hockey stop"

Hard skidded stop. Emergency stop.

Caution, you really should be coached properly to avoid major negative ramifications from doing it poorly. I.E. Hurting the target, getting caught and having the life beat out of you. :angryfire:biggthump:eplus2: :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Where did you get this nice one?

Like it very much.

Hans, he is a old school Cartoon Character, forgot his name, pretty common product here in the USA.

An attempt to give notice to drivers that are following TOO close on the road.

I have a set, probably 15 years old that I have never installed.