Note to New Members ×

Guns

NateW

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot the following:

Model 1911 in 38 Super. It's an IPSC race gun with 18 round double stack mags and red dot sight. Unfortunately, I don't compete anymore.

Colt Delta Elite 10mm.

Colt HBAR (civilian version of the M-16).

Old Glenfield 12 ga pump.

If California ever passes "shall issue" permit laws, I would carry my Colt 10mm.

In the USA, people have the right to bear arms. In Ontario Canada, women have the right to bear breasts. :lol:

For hunting, I use a Cooey 12 guage break action or my Mossberg .22 rifle my grandpa gave to me. He got it when he brought back a German Luger from the war and traded it for the Mossberg.

I like guns, but dont like the fact that so many people can have them freely without beeing trained and controlled. In europe, u can have hunting guns almost freely, hunting rifles you need to declare, handguns if you are authorized and only if you do it for sharpshooting in a club ( but shall never carry it appart from home to club transport). War weapons are totally forbidden and calibers such as 5.56,7.62 and of course 12.7 are totally forbidden. Of course you can still use a elephant weatherby 480 to rob a bank, but since it is not automatic, you will need to be fast, and bear the recoil!

N.

this thread is going nowhere good. the original post was directed at gun owners/enthusiasts. posting here to say you don't like guns or gun policies is sort of like a softbooter coming here to say they don't like hardboots.

remember, political threads are prohibited.

not sure if there is an assumption that most of us have guns.

I have no reason to carry a gun or shoot anyone. I do not normally hang out in the bad parts of DC (and I do mean BAD). I live in a safe neighboorhood, although there is a gang problem in my county. At the combat center I go to, they've taught us a method to disarm someone with a handgun (and break their finger with it). they also taught us (and it should be common sense) that this isn't always feasible and a lot of times it's better just to give someone the money if you're getting robbed (depending on the situation).

Jack, I couldn't agree more. I would support "killing" it. (pun intended hahah)

Glock model 19.

Tippmann A5 tricked out to look like a short barrel MP5 :)

I own a Glock because I went to school to enter law enforcement at a federal level or tactical level. Oddly enough I now work as a medic. Funny how that turned out. But if it wasn't for the ambition of law enforcement I would have no reason to own a gun and most likely wouldn't. In fact, i haven't shot my Glock in years. Now my paintball gun, on the other hand, I shot last weekend...

out of curiousity, are you a law enforcement agent of some kind? I am not looking to start any kind of flame war (in fact, I'm going on vacation in a few so I won't be around if this does erupt :) ), just curious. I am not familiar with what you described in your last post, but I believe there are several types of disarms.

I have no reason to carry a gun or shoot anyone. I do not normally hang out in the bad parts of DC (and I do mean BAD). I live in a safe neighboorhood, although there is a gang problem in my county. At the combat center I go to, they've taught us a method to disarm someone with a handgun (and break their finger with it). they also taught us (and it should be common sense) that this isn't always feasible and a lot of times it's better just to give someone the money if you're getting robbed (depending on the situation).

When wrestling for possesion of a fantastically dangerous weapon (gun or knife), the guy holding the handle usually wins. :D

More guns than i can count, into serious ipsc pistol competition and carry a glock or kel-tec

Glock 17,21,22,29

Browning hi power

colt 1911 .45 caliber

amt .30 carbine

colt delta elite 10 mm

para ordnance p12, p14

Sti competition .38 super, .40 caliber

(rifles)

Ruger 10-22

H-K 91

pwa ar-15

Marlin 30-30 lever action

Norinko legend AK-47

mossberg 12 gauge

mac-11 machine pistol with threaded on suppresor ( silencer) :AR15firin

"When wrestling for possesion of a fantastically dangerous weapon (gun or knife), the guy holding the handle usually wins."

to rephrase John Dahl,

don't make any assumptions. You might be surprised at how well trained some people are at disarming, and who knows if the guy robbing you is really willing to shoot.

if i went into gangland and had to choose b/w going in with some dude who owns a gun and my unarmed combat instructor (who's not real big, btw, but has a lot of fighting experience and is trained in many techniques), I'd go with the instructor. I'm not saying it's a mutually exclusive relationship, but I don't believe having a gun makes you invincible, esp. when you're out of your element and/or don't have teh mental training to stay calm and know what to do (or not do) Perhaps it bolsters your ego or makes you think you're a badass (and perhaps I'm totally wrong), I don't know.

Barry

I like the odds of the guy with the gun better. I mean, if I was to threaten someone with a gun, (not that I ever have, nor do I own a gun, unfortunately) I'd be aiming to kill while giving the person very specific instructions and limits. Then if they came within about a 5-10 foot radius of me, I'd shoot them and then ask them why the eff they just did that. If they were still alive.

Don't know if I can post this before this thread gets dumped.

I do not carry although I have the license to do so.

.375H&H Custom Ruger #1- nice figured walnut stock

.22 Browning Medalist ( 1966 or so - in mint condition with collector box and accessories - truly one of the nicest collector pieces to own) Yes , I shoot it.

this thread is going nowhere good. the original post was directed at gun owners/enthusiasts. posting here to say you don't like guns or gun policies is sort of like a softbooter coming here to say they don't like hardboots.

remember, political threads are prohibited.

Softbooters don't come here because it is a hardbooter's forum, so they do not have any interest here usually. This is not a gun owners/enthusiast forum, so I consider it legitimate to say that I don't like guns or gun policies, even if it is impopular. I did not go into details specifically not to start a flame war. To some, guns are a hobby or an activity, to others it can be political.

If this thread is going nowhere good as you say, you, as a moderator, can do something about it.

I'm surprised nobody has a real pistol: a Colt M1911 .45 caliber --- which waxed more enemies than any other pistol in world history! I know lots of folks in the military who were hoppin' mad when the military went to 9mm pistols, since they aren't even very good for stopping dogs, much less people! :)

Now, having said all that...I'm a peaceful person, opposed to concealed guns and automatic assault rifle ownership...and I've never had a single round of ammo in my house in my life.

Scott

PS - No, I don't advocate shooting dogs or people.

I do believe this is a "hot" topic for a lot of people but that does not mean we zap it just for that. The same rules apply for any "Off Topic"; OK to have as long as everyone behaves and is respectful. The starter of this thread just wanted to find out if you have guns and what they are, nothing more. If any one decides to get on a high-horse and start preaching politics on this and bashing others for their opinion, consider this thread either locked or deleted.

One suggesting if you are not partial to this topic.....don't read this thread.

That said, I own a couple of guns but not for the standard reasons. I find them fascinating mechanical devices. Quite a bit of technology and engineering go into these and a lot can be learned (mechanically). Think about it, a hand-held device that lets you contain and control a small explosion as well as accurately aim a projectile. Pretty cool IMHO. And don't forget, they might also be 100% tool-less assembly. Assemble and dis-assemble with your hands only.

What you do with them is up to you :ices_ange

I find them fascinating mechanical devices. Quite a bit of technology and engineering go into these and a lot can be learned (mechanically).

REALLY????? That's a surprise!!!!

I also own a gun, can manage it properly, and have only pulled it out at the shooting range (thankfully). A girl's got to protect herself.

I think I'm gonna pack heat @ SES next year, those lift rides up can be boring, and I need to put more stuff into all the pockets of my baggy pants, and if anyone cuts me trouble on the slopes, I'll be prepared :). So if I pull out a gun on the chair, I'm just messin' wit ya! I have a crazy sense of humor like that.

waiting for someone to give the proper name for my above mentioned technique. Only hint, think about one of the shootouts that lead to the OK corral fiasco. Well, two hints, a sherrif was killed using it. SWriverstone, the .45 acp rocks, and the 1911 is the single action weapon of choice for the discriminating shooter.