Note to New Members ×

Who's Got Cord?

crackaddict

I need a fix!

The forecast suggests some improvement here in Revelstoke but it's gonna take a metre and some colder temps for a complete surface rehabilitation.  That's not gonna happen this week.

Tahoe is getting dumped on right @barryj?   Will it stop snowing and stay cold?

How's Colorado LCI?  Did you have a big melt off?

Norway?  @Xargo?

Anyone got something firm and smooth that I can dig an edge into?  (No rocks, no ice please.  I may be desperate but I still have standards...)

This was yesterday AM at the local bump.  Made for some great turns.  Abs and legs were cooked by end of the day. 

_R24UFuSyh63ahrdBWkCc7tFNQ8GN3uIEML1vj0nuDk-1542x2048.jpg.16ebe16c103843a59da04b1c2546a239.jpg

Mild this week, without precip, but hoping they blow some before the 10mm of wet forecasted on Friday...  😭

Screenshot2024-02-04at7_27_39PM.png.f9e6c4f19f115e3100d0f0ddd3d798f4.png

Seeing ads for 'end of season' sales already!  I expect it has been a tougher season for ski/snowboard gear vendors.   Certainly didn't help we had visible grass over Dec holiday period.  Hill had very decent coverage due to their snowmaking, but you would have zero idea if you didn't venture away from home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crackaddict said:

Tahoe is getting dumped on right @barryj?

That's Affirmative Crack! 

I rode at Boreal again today at the top of Donner Summit on I80 at 7350ft for my 2nd day of the season. Had to be 8 inches on the car when I left home/Palisades/Olympic Valley 6250ft at 8am.  There was at least 12 inches on the slope when I got to Boreal and easily another 6 inches dumped while I was there!   I had to take a break 3 times to go in and get the boot off the ankle scar but I did 5 runs off the top from the Accelerator Lift.... The lighting diminished as the storm increased  and it became really hard for me to discern the lay of the land...and I know that terrain!  So I packed it in by noon.  I took one good fall on the last run in the bad lighting but my ankle didn't implode!  :ices_ange

....AND  were expecting another 8 inches tonight and an additional 4 tomorrow and the forecast says little snow squalls Weds. - Fri.  that should add an additional 6-10 inches!   🎉 🏂 :biggthump

• Like 2

I hear June and Mammoth should be very good following the current storm! June was posting how they were having to unburry the lifts... I am busy this weekend and then it's holiday weekend so busy / pass blackout, so I will be there 2/24 and 2/25.

Edited by AcousticBoarder
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, crackaddict said:

Norway?  @Xargo?

Finland, but close enough. 😉

It's been windy lately so slopes are pretty firm. Some might call them icy but my opinion is that it ain't ice if it's white.

Have a lookie here how it was last week at Levi:

1:50 for a surface firmness demonstration, followed by my first try of the steepest slope they had there. Could only ride it twice before I had to check out so didn't get a clean run.

Anyways, the snow quality is usually pretty good in northern Finland but the resorts don't have much elevation. My favorite black slope at Ruka for example is only about 125m vertical. The good thing is that the rotation time is only around 7min for that slope. Perfect for a quick morning workout before a day at the office.

Ruka season will last until 5.5. They could close even later so they can pretty much guarantee that date. Here's some info about their snowhow: https://www.ruka.fi/en/skiresort/slopes/snowhow

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, snowburn said:

I need to plan a trip there soon. Sounds like some really nice snow from the last storm. 

c’mon down. you reg or goofy?

If goofy, bring your thirst quiver!!

snow has been decent all season, and very good now after last weeks hit. 

Had fresh tracks to the end of the day on Saturday at Sierra-at-Tahoe. It's dumping some more right now as well.

My Donek Saber was surprisingly not bad in fresh powder. Not a whole lot of float from the non-existent nose, but did fine with my bindings all the way back.

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Tahoe will have Great Cord next week!

I just hope. That will be my last week of disability. After almost 5 months I will have to start to work again. I just need to do it for medical benefits. Looking today’s web cameras from resorts it is  pretty bad. Especially visibility must be horrible and bunch of upper lifts were not running at all.

2 minutes ago, Ladia said:

visibility

Yep......The weekend pow was great, 15+ inches...... but the vis has been bad at Boreal and Squaw..... even today it's still a whiteout!

I'm going up tomorrow night....should be Much better! 

25 minutes ago, kibber said:

If goofy, bring your thirst quiver!!

Sorry. I ride regular. I'll PM you with my itinerary 

47 minutes ago, kibber said:

snow has been decent all season, and very good now after last weeks hit.

Looks like more on the way this week! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shred Gruumer said:

On bucket list, any chance you get to take photos and videos of groomed runs and layout of the place would be great.

Thanks 

Can Do, Will Do 👍🏼

overall, small resort w mainly blue runs, we’ve been getting 2-6” every week and temps staying below freezing. Targhee’s nickname is Grand Foggy, top 1/3 is vertigo foogy often; but when sunny, spectacular.

More Pics Vid to follow… 

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kibber said:

Can Do, Will Do 👍🏼

overall, small resort w mainly blue runs, we’ve been getting 2-6” every week and temps staying below freezing. Targhee’s nickname is Grand Foggy, top 1/3 is vertigo foogy often; but when sunny, spectacular.

More Pics Vid to follow… 

IMG_0993.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

Looks like a 162 Pro Shred Gruumer model winter stick.

Whistler is getting consistent temp below 0C and the snowguns are working at their best, today was not too bad, considering that there hasn't been much natural snowfall. Alpine runs suffered less from the freezing rain (and just rains) in the past week or two, from what I've heard they are very carve-able

• Like 1

Can't complain: image.png?ex=65d767de&is=65c4f2de&hm=a26

-32°C morning and no weekend traffic meant the resort was almost empty today and the chairlift leading to this area was closed due to the temp so I got my favorite black slope basically all to myself. This area was nice and warm at -25°C too. 😇 Time for a trip to another ski resort next week. 🥳

• Like 3