Note to New Members ×

Cracked Boots

fluxgame

Noticed this crack on the outside of my right (front) boot after riding this morning. And, after closer inspection, found another crack starting in a similar spot on the inside of my left boot. Figure these are pretty much toast at this point, but was looking for input on if these are safe to ride. Not sure I've got enough time or $$$ to pick up new boots before I fly out to MCC.

IMG_0265.jpg

I have broken a couple of pairs like that. Safe to ride in my opinion absolutely not. The crack will keep moving. You could rivet it together with metal it might hold. you could drill a hole at the end of the crack. Order a new pair.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I definitely understand that these need to be retired, was just vaguely hoping I could make it through MCC without scrambling to find new boots.

Thanks for the offer, @Kneel. Just double checked the shell size, they're actually a 25-25.5, with a 26 liner stuffed into them. 28's probably going to be much too big.

14 minutes ago, ibrussell said:

I have a set of 325's sole 277  You would have to change out non step in heal They have moldable liners but if you bring your liners to make them feel just like your old ones  Showing up in Libby Sunday afternoon

Definitely sounds like it could work. Deeluxe Track 325s? Or older Raichle 325s? How much would you want for them?

55 minutes ago, inkaholic said:

I may have a 25-25.5 and will be going to MCC.

May be either Head or Deeluxe. I will check when I get home and let you know.

ink

Thanks, let me know what you turn up!

search how to mold liners with hot rice.   you need about 1 .5-2# rice a couple extra plastic produce bags

Mic the rice for 5-7 min  line liner in boot with plastic bag pour hot rice in let sit 5 min  pour rice out, quickly put footbed in and foot might want to add something on your sock toes to widen toe box.  wear your other boot so foot pressure is same   5-8 min do other liner  only molds inside to foot not outside to boot.   I've done it and it worked Ok but I like the oven better But you can do this in you motel room if you can't find anything better.

So I have a set of Head Pro Stratos in 25.5

stock liner

BTS with yellow springs (sons old boots)

boot board cut open for intec cable (previous owner)

no footbed

no power strap

previous owner cut away a bit of plastic from the back side of the lower shell (inside the upper)

overall not bad and would get you through till you can get new boots

let me know if any interest and I will send pics tomorrow  

ink

1 hour ago, dredman said:

they do not have the ability to mold liners at the Turner ski shop. 

Got it. Thanks for looking into it!

17 hours ago, inkaholic said:

So I have a set of Head Pro Stratos in 25.5

Thanks for the offer. Think I'm going to stick to the Raichle/Deeluxe world for now. I'd prefer a more known quantity if I'm going to fly out without boots.

• Like 1

A group of us have rented a house in Libby, it has an oven. If you know how to do it or are comfortable with newbies giving it a go, come on over! 

I've molded 3 pairs of liners before, only re-molded one. 

I'm far from an expert! 

On 1/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, dredman said:

If you need to ship new boots to Libby, you can have them shipped to my parents place there and I can get them to you Sunday evening before the event.

@dredman Can I also have some things shipped to your mom's house please?  I need a new onsie!  DM me the address?

• Haha 1