Note to New Members ×

What will you do when the snow is gone?

SWriverstone

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dragon fly jones

On the moutain bike. Missed the first two Norba nationals due to a seriously early start to the bike season. But the rest of slate is wide open.

Should be down in Chile with some riders later in the summer. Phil, I'll see you at the races! Deer Valley in June baby!

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by RDY_2_Carve

Since I sold my 600 F3 in Nov. I'll be shopping around for either a new R1, Gixer750, CBR600RR, or CBR1000RR. Decisions Decisions!

JPW

Wow, wide range of rides there. Interesting menu. Do you ride on the track or just street? Come up here and do a track day or two with us on the new ride.

Originally posted by Erik J

I'll be locked into my board with no clothes on in July on my back deck while rubbing my nipples with ice cubes...I'll post pics.

Yeah Baby! We NEED Pics of that!

Just the same thing I'm doing now...a lot of Yoga, floating around at sea, waiting for the 11 days of skateboarding I get in Australia, a bunch of Photography and yearning for next season to start so I can order a new Coiler (I think I finally have my mind made up on a 167 AMExtream (21.5) for fall 06 delivery)...hopefully I'll bag Mt Fuji again this August (this time with my wife). This fall I'm gonna cruise the onsen's around Nikko after hiking...all in an attempt to get my legs in shape for a full season (after new years anyway) in New England.

Pat

If you head to Bozeman, let me know, I can hook you up with my friend that lives there. He lives a very low key life, but would probably be more thatn happy to show you around and give you teh skinny on everything.

Greg

This summer, hopefully kite boarding (so damn pricey)at some point and getting back into slalom waterskiing to keep the thighs in shape, cosmically hooking up with Fleaman b/c I think I will be in that shape a few times and looking forward to the pics of Eric. i tried that last year and my neighbors didnt take to it tooo well.

Also mounted my board on the John Deere and have my wife drive around the yard in 4 high rabbit mode.

In two weeks time I leave Japan to resettle in Australia, far from the snow. So the end of this season means the end of regular snowboarding for me for the foreseeable future.

Last year I took up <a href="http://www.geocities.jp/costbeck/snow/graveyard_slalom.mpg">skateboarding</a>, so that's my new passion. I'm hoping to become part of whatever slalom skateboarding scene I can help muster up in Sydney.

Gecko, send me a mail when you get to Australia and maybe we can get together to skate.

Aside from bass fishing, playing with my three year old, lifting, finishing my masters, and working on my yard, I will be gutting our master bathroom and putting in a new shower, sink and toilet in April (ofcourse with the aid of my father-in-law). I will also be building a new tree stand so I can shoot that big buck that had eluded me all bow season long. He likes to taunt me by showing up on mine and my neighbors lawns at dusk.

I'll be returning to Maui in June, hoping to surf again at Lahiana, but this time on a short board. Going to Vegas in August for the bi-annual managers meeting (4700 + of us invading Vegas again:eek: ) Starting up Kenpo again now that snowboard season is over. Hopefully getting some wakeboarding in, the lake is 15 minutes away. Coaching inline hockey for my sons team and going to tournaments with him. Swimming, camping, and anything else I can think of to go do with the kids. Getting out of as many "honey-do's" as I can :D Thought I might try a slalom skateboard (seriously, we were just looking at them at the local shop) until I saw the footage of Gilmour....:eek: If he was younger than me I'd have an out, but being the same age and watchin' him rip it up like that.....oh well, there's always crotchetting........

Have fun,

Paul

Yep- that's me- shot by Alex on a red turner.

I was at the arboretum in Jamacia Plain in Boston...you really can't set a fast course like that in competition because the start ramps are too small.

Here is a clip from a few years ago- in a much easier course with a limited start...so anyone wanting to race can have an idea of what it is like.

Fastest racing of the 2002 season.

In the Connecticut races I somehow manage to put a second between myself and the next competitor ...so even if it looks fast , likely you'll place high in competition.

Here's a shot of what you might expect in Antibes France at the European Championships...though hopefully a lot faster.

Some older footage from 2000 when everyone was just starting again- easy flatland course like you'll see in Europe this summer.

I'm pretty well healed for this season...but I'm trapped at a J-O-B so I'm not sure how many races I'll make.

________

AVANDIA LAW

The worlds newest hardbooter is going to be racing his skateboard all summer. This is my first post on here, I come from a sk8 background and got into slalom skateboarding a few years ago. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. JG a few times at races.(my gf Shasta says hi)

I think all of you carvers should try slalom, I cant believe the parallels in body position. I have to say that the feeling you get railing a turn on a race board is incredible, skate wheels cant grip like that, thats for sure.

Im almost sorry the winter is ending.

Originally posted by Randy S.

Wow, wide range of rides there. Interesting menu. Do you ride on the track or just street? Come up here and do a track day or two with us on the new ride.

Never rode on a track. Sure would like to, but the requirements were always very steep from what I heard. Just draining the antifreeze alone was enough to keep me away. I'm not sure if your local tracks make you do this. I shoulda kept my F3 and made it a track/stunt bike!

Yes my new bike list is very diverse. I'm really leaning toward the new black R1 with the red pin stripped rims. Have you seen it? Check it out here!

JPW

I'll do about 8,000 miles before I ride gates again...

- Ironman Arizona - April 9th (I was going to race Nationals and IM on the same week, but didn't want to biff and screw up IM)

- 10 local tris

- Sub 55min 40k TT

- 17 min 5k

- 5 Mile Swim

- 250 mile day-ride (Summer Solstice)

- The HHH. 15,000 ft & 128 miles. Lots of fun

- Ironman Wisconsin

- Fat Tire Festival

- Fall CX season (going for Top 5 again)

On a side note...I spend over $800 at Chipolte in 2004. $300 of it was either "free" or via gift certs (Thanks Matt). This year, I picked them up as a sponsor as I train the managers for the Mpls-Chi AIDS ride.

k

post-214-141842203064_thumb.jpg