Note to New Members ×

Boot Fitters in near Boston?

Val

Enjoyed a couple of hours at Mt. Sunapee today, even ran across @dhamann.  He looked great, I sucked.  Carving is NOT like riding a bike, taking 20 years off was a big mistake.  

Feet are killing me, way too much movement/heel lift/blisters/etc.  The heat-n-mold liners that came with my Deeluxe 325s are not cutting it.  Back in the 90s I used Zipfit silicone injected liners in my Raichle 325s, fitted by Richelson’s Feet First in Plymouth, NH.  

Any recommendations for liners/boot fitters?????

Thanks

Richelson's did a pair for me last year (foot beds & mold Intuition Power Wraps for my soft boots).  They were very thorough. took foot measurements, etc.   Richelson's gave me a discount on the liners & molding if I bought them though them.      I just had Roger's Ski & Sport blow out my new 425s for my wide feet & also mold a set of Intuition Plug Wraps.  They fit great now, but over charged me for the liners+ shipping....   I could have bought them cheaper online.    If I was to use Roger's again, I would buy the liners elsewhere & then have them mold/blow out the shells.  

9 hours ago, Beckmann AG said:

Sounds like your shells are too large.

My main shop is near Sugarloaf, my satellite shop is near UNH.

Or maybe it's vice-versa.

When is the doctor in Sugarloaf?
Maybe I will try footbed again 😉
Had 2 pair made and don't use them anymore/broken...  I know I know... heresy

40 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

When is the doctor in Sugarloaf?
Maybe I will try footbed again 😉
Had 2 pair made and don't use them anymore/broken...  I know I know... heresy

What?! 2 years ago I finally had him make me a new pair to replace the pair he made for me as a wedding gift... in 1998. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jack M said:

What?! 2 years ago I finally had him make me a new pair to replace the pair he made for me as a wedding gift... in 1998. 

I think he's referring to footbeds made by someone other than myself.

David, I'm usually at the mountain Mondays and Tuesdays, depending on my regular work schedule.

• Like 1

exactly! sorry if I mis-represent the good doctor's work!
one pair was made by starting gate in VT.
another pair was part of the ECES benefit at Stratton Green boot lab?
Both seems to hurts my foot/toe more than help(take too much volume maybe).
Granted it's first time i ever wear plastic shell boot so i don't know what the heck i was doing.
Now I believed i am ready for proper fitment.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 9:14 AM, Beckmann AG said:

Sounds like your shells are too large.

Same size as previous pair from 94, which had to be punched out a bit.  I presume Deeluxe is using the same molds.  I'm headed to Feet First tomorrow, since that is a lot closer than Sugarloaf . . . hopefully I can get some relief.

1 hour ago, Val said:

Same size as previous pair from 94, which had to be punched out a bit.  I presume Deeluxe is using the same molds.  I'm headed to Feet First tomorrow, since that is a lot closer than Sugarloaf . . . hopefully I can get some relief.

Deeluxe is using same/similar molds, but different liners. One of the chief benefits of the heat moldable liners in contemporary boots is the ability to get closer to a correct shell fit without modification.

Odds are good that unless you sized your originals by removing the liner and shell fitting, they were sized one size too large to accommodate the extra liner bulk.

The implication being that if you did not shell fit your originals, used a the Zip for a better fit, then ordered the same size for your new boots, your new boots are one size too large.

Hopefully not.

On 2/26/2020 at 4:44 PM, Beckmann AG said:

Hopefully not.

OK, he says shells are the right size . . . could not really go smaller.  It does not help that my ankles have limited range of motion, which means I start pulling/pushing on the heels sooner than I should.  I wonder how much range of motion I've lost in 20 years?  Sigh . . . 

Picked up some footbeds that work well with my high arches, and will get back on the snow . . . then see about foam liners.