Note to New Members ×

SG Line-up 2019/2020

daveo

25 minutes ago, scottishsurfer said:

titan soul 164xt would be on my wish list i love the soul just wish it was stiffer

It's a shame that the only wide version up until now was a 159. It is softer than my old 164 unfortunately. 

You might prefer the new Force 65 V17XT. That's metal and wide and stiff.

Or maybe...wait for it...a custom Oxess...

1 minute ago, daveo said:

It's a shame that the only wide version up until now was a 159. It is softer than my old 164 unfortunately. 

You might prefer the new Force 65 V17XT. That's metal and wide and stiff.

Or maybe...wait for it...a custom Oxess...

I'm good with my incline at the momment ill probably swing for the fences with flux/incline hybrid next

Rode soul Titan when it first came out last year, that thing is a funcarving beast without the stiffness and need for speed of a force, yet super stable still...

Force V17 they don't even use in BX much... Vaultier uses V15, the sidecut with that stiffness will make it an extreme bomber.....

Edited by pauleleven

well

I am little disappointed honestly. 

last year you had to pay extra coin to get Ester design. this time you get it as full. race. 

that full carve galaxy looks too similar to 2010 model. 

ten year challenge or what? 

board4.jpg

I like SGs, only issue I have is that they have not changed at all since very long time. every time I get new model it always feel like old pair of boots. 

maybe you do not change the winning team but it think innovation is always welcome 

Edited by slapos

1 hour ago, slapos said:

well

I am little disappointed honestly. 

last year you had to pay extra coin to get Ester design. this time you get it as full. race. 

that full carve galaxy looks too similar to 2010 model. 

ten year challenge or what? 

board4.jpg

I like SGs, only issue I have is that they have not changed at all since very long time. every time I get new model it always feel like old pair of boots. 

maybe you do not change the winning team but it think innovation is always welcome 

Not much to innovate in a production serial board right now though. Same goes with Kessler's production board lineup- hasn't changed in ages if ever really. They have their winning formula to minimise production cost and maximise buyer happiness. I think that's also why the innovation is in softboot carving stuff, no real established benchmark yet. 

Any idea what you'd like to see in some improvements? I know I'd like to see a new topsheet material, because I think this is where SG is behind in durability and ride. But then again, they need to manufacture to the cheapest of the 3 price points between Kessler, SG and Oxess, so maybe it isn't feasible.

Shame SG won't make custom unless you'll win Olympic gold, though. 

Edited by daveo

I would like to see more carving only boards i.e., cause so far you can get only racing shapes (I am not saying they are bad for carving) but I would like to get an 180 with 15m radius or less, while sigi offers only racing radius of 18m plus. 

I am not a big fan of driving lorries mate. 

ptex on top would be great, agree here. 

cheers

Yeah I'm with you. Maybe if the entire Full Carve range had more carve specific geometry, it'd be good. Then just offer metal and non metal full race boards instead of offering a different topsheet graphic as an entirely product range... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pokkis said:

SG 175 Full Race would be fine board carving if it would be 1-2 cm wider.

It is easy to run and turns nicely, but for carving it is slightly narrow, specially when you tilt board to near 90 degrease.

One of my two favorite carving boards ever, along with my 162 Kessler SL custom. I am 145 pounds and 25 mondo boots though. It was perfect for me.

7 hours ago, Buell said:

One of my two favorite carving boards ever, along with my 162 Kessler SL custom. I am 145 pounds and 25 mondo boots though. It was perfect for me.

Rode K162 a couple weeks ago, it wants to go faster significantly more than SG FC and Nobile, @daveo had previously said that anything except K168 feels murder-y

10 hours ago, scottishsurfer said:

i am curious what the widths are on the soul 64xt and the 65 v17 xt

Force 165 has width of 252, soul 159xt is 275, I'd imagine the new soul xts have width of 270+, force xt maybe 260-270 for BX riding (faster edge flip).

13 hours ago, daveo said:

Yeah I'm with you. Maybe if the entire Full Carve range had more carve specific geometry, it'd be good. Then just offer metal and non metal full race boards instead of offering a different topsheet graphic as an entirely product range... 

That's kinda the different school of thought on carving tho.... 

SG's way feels like, do less, and if you want a tighter turn for more carving just angulate more.

Such a racing idea..... us lax carvers need custom shit while he rides everything, everywhere.....

13 minutes ago, pauleleven said:

Rode K162 a couple weeks ago, it wants to go faster significantly more than SG FC and Nobile, @daveo had previously said that anything except K168 feels murder-y

Kesslers go fast. Mine is a friendlier version for my lighter weight than stock. The stock K162 SL is serious.

I loved that SG 175 Full Race Pro so much that I bought an SG 157 SL. The 175 was fast and friendly. The 157 SL not so much. When it was on it was amazing. If the conditions were softer than firm hero, it was a beast. The K162 custom is much more versatile. Sort of a quicker, more lively 168.

7 minutes ago, Buell said:

Kesslers go fast. Mine is a friendlier version for my lighter weight than stock. The stock K162 SL is serious.

I loved that SG 175 Full Race Pro so much that I bought an SG 157 SL. The 175 was fast and friendly. The 157 SL not so much. When it was on it was amazing. If the conditions were softer than firm hero, it was a beast. The K162 custom is much more versatile. Sort of a quicker, more lively 168.

Definitely rode a stock K162, possibly this year's B stock with 0.4mm titanal rather than older 0.3, it's such a powerful board that you just have to be more powerful.... K168's geometry is more friendly, from what I've been gathering here on the forum.

I have 175 FC from Sg and it is a lot of fun, doesn't do well on ice but heck I love the flex (~75kg geared).

Are you saying 157 race only does well in soft conditions? Could it under your weight range?

30 minutes ago, pauleleven said:

Are you saying 157 race only does well in soft conditions? Could it under your weight range?

The 157 only worked in firm conditions for me, which we did not see a lot of in Utah. One memorable day though at Snowbasin it was chalky and everyone was complaining and that board was perfection. It was too stiff for me to consistently enjoy free carving on it. It is a straight up SL board meant to run gates.

1 hour ago, pauleleven said:

Force 165 has width of 252, soul 159xt is 275, I'd imagine the new soul xts have width of 270+, force xt maybe 260-270 for BX riding (faster edge flip)

SG's way feels like, do less, and if you want a tighter turn for more carving just angulate more.

59 is 25.5

59XT is 27.5

64 is 26

Going off that, how do you get 27+ and not 28+?

@pauleleven did you lose your calculator? 🤣😂