Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe Ground Control boots (hard/soft hybrid)

lonbordin

I like the idea of them but I don't know if they'll ever catch on for one big reason they'll still be awkward to walk about in due to the solid sole... I don't know if it would work with plate bindings or require some sort of redesign but I'd like hardboots or semi hardboots like these that flex at the toes like Telemark boots do so you could walk about somewhat more normally. This is coming a bit from experience walking in my own modified not so soft boots that don't flex at the ankle at all but do so instead at the toes.

Still nice to see something new I'm intrigued what the price will be

I am REALLY pumped for these. My gf wants to get into snowboarding but refuses to try hardboots after seeing me do it. She wont ever do powder or park. This is basically the trojan horse. 

edit: I have a creeping suspicion that these would be awesome on a donek flux.

Edited by Awesomo12000

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I rode the Nordica SBH from around 1990 until my last pair fell apart 2 seasons ago.  The soft boot and binding system doesn't compare with the responsiveness, support, and ease of clipping in.  The Nordica SBH was just as comfortable as any soft boot I've worn, and they weren't stiff like a racing boot, very comfortable to walk in with standard tread on the bottom.  Anyway, the new Ground Control looks like a step in the right direction.  A hard shell upper with a good ankle hinge would be a good next level for the boot.  I'm now riding Genesis X bindings with Driver X boots and they feel like toys.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

Do these Ground control boots have the heel hold down of a UPZ ?

I reckon they might have the heel hold of a deluxe boot, which, for me, is non-existent. 

Edited by daveo
  • Like 1