Note to New Members ×

Boot Liner With Best Heel Lock?

barryj

Uhg!!   Still agonizing over which liner to get for my new  Track 435 Pro's 

Spoke to Intuition, they suggest the Dreamliner Low Volume for my less than 1 finger shell fit.....but the description reads and  looks a little too Utilitarian to me!

All I know is I expect I'll need a low volume liner and I'm not interested in the wrap style and I want Zero heel movement for  Hard Charging Carving!

Any Suggestions???

Edited by barryj

I went down 1 full size and heel lift problem solved.  I have ridden Deluxe 700’s and SB series for years and finally tried going down 1 size (thinking I was in the right size all along).  Got into a pair of 425 pro last season (stock thermo liner) a full size smaller and no more heel lift issues... 

Hey Slap........ how much was your Gran Prix with Sidewinder option ??

Dred.....yea Fin already got me down to a performance fit.... I'm already down 1 1/2 from my street shoes.....I'm a 11 1/2 -12 in most shoes and I'm riding size 10/ Mondo 28   

Don't think I could go down to 27.5 without chopping off some toes!!

41 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Sounds like all you really want is a good fit

True that.......   but I don't have any liner for this boot yet ....and going to a shop with a boot fitter is gonna sell me on the best brand "That They Carry".........   

I'd like to narrow it down before I go into a shop...........

What is the stock liner for 425 Pro?  Saw a spec. listing Speed TF which I believe is a Deeluxe thermo liner?   I recently looked at a pair that my friend just picked up after visiting family in Europe.   I was surprised to see that they came with Palau liners.

28 minutes ago, Gabe T said:

What is the stock liner for 425 Pro? 

Yeah, I had heard Palau was making the liners for Deeluxe.  YYZ says The heat moldable Speed TF 141 Liner is standard on the 425.

https://www.yyzcanuck.com/shop/boots/deeluxe-141-liner/

I bought my boots without a liner....just the shell.

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Yeah, I had heard Palau was making the liners for Deeluxe.  YYZ says The heat moldable Speed TF 141 Liner is standard on the 425.

https://www.yyzcanuck.com/shop/boots/deeluxe-141-liner/

I bought my boots without a liner....just the shell.

Do they brand them as Deeluxe though?   The boots I saw had a Palau branded liner.

You buy new or from an individual?  I've never seen just the shell being sold separately.

@barryjI think what @slapos said is good. Try ZipFit, Sidas or BootDoc. I just ordered a pair of WB Worldcup Foam for my Mountain Slope .951 as per @Puhutes (Jennifer from Mountain Slope) recommendation. They were AUD499 including the tongue and fitting. That's about EUR315 or USD350.

By the way, if you contact Palau directly, they can build you a custom thermo liner and it doesn't cost too much more than normal. I had a pair of stock Powerfit Hard shipped here for a friend of mine and they were EUR105ish including shipping. The shipping cost is included in the Palau website, and don't forget the cost on the Palau site is including 20% Euro VAT, which gets removed in cart.

Zipfit is higher than my upz foam liner.

Will work well for sure. I bought the grand prix with sidewinder and this liner takes more space in the shell, so I had to adjust all the buckles and the buckle teeth position on the cuff.

This is a great option for someone with chicken legs. For all suffering with shin bang too , as the tongue is fully mouldable as well. Not something that you always get in injected liners

Edited by slapos

Really?  The stock new liners in the Upz are like a vise... I'm really supprised more don't mention them it's the pure reason I go Upz.. The liners also have additional heal tooth inserts you can add that squeezes the shit out the heel.. 

Just picked up the new RC12.. Impressive.. Buckles are the bomb.. They stay locked open and away and the bails on them are burly , the tounges swivel out of the way.. Light.. 

Meh..

• Like 1

I agree on The upz liners being like a vise, however they have the tendency to pack out under use and temperature. If I would carve all day, than at the end of the day my feet would be loose. 

This is the primary reason why I bought injection liners in the first place.

I really hope zipfit will be better than the injection liners, given the price.

Check out the sidewinder feature on the zipfit liner - medial support which I think will be beneficial in alpine snb. Zipfit are very well made - I think the best that I have seen so far.

And no I am not trying to justify the purchase price ?

howdy barryj

so what I wrong with heel lift?... I swim in my boots... it gives me more range of movement...

a locked in heel will limit your range of motion... don't listen to what is said on this fourm… listen to what

to what your body needs to get the edge to engage in a way that puts your body in optimal position

to get the edge engaged... if you watch surfers, sometimes their on their tippy toes... but then again...

my 2 cents isn't worth much in this inflated times... so swim... don't drown...

• Like 1

Well everybody likes it slightly different 

I don't like slop in the boots.

Justin R. Once asked me during one of the coaching sessions: what is the easiest way to put the board on edge ?

Lift your toes or you heels. You can do it with swimming in your boots or completely locked in.

Up to you

16 hours ago, west carven said:

so what I wrong with heel lift?

I like a little heel lift with my pow hardboot setup but like a locked in heel fit with my hard charging boot setup....and want to see what  less heel lift than in my Track 700's does for me in the new 425 Pro boots.....

Anybody tried the Deeluxe Heel Harness??  Inexpensive option for sure.....

https://www.yyzcanuck.com/shop/boots/deeluxe-heel-harness/