Note to New Members ×

Montucky Clear CUT Stoke!

dredman

I thought I would start a thread to share the excitement about this event... to try and keep the other threads to the business they were intended to be for.  

Stoke #1 My Mom was at the hair salon today in Libby (home of Turner Mtn).  She said that the hair dresser had said she had heard that I was brining a group of snowboarders from all over the US and Canada to Turner and how excited the community of Libby is to have us!

Stoke #2. Talking with one of the Board of Directiors from Turner.... “They will be rolling out the red carpet for us, and it will be groomed beautifully”

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dredman said:

She said that the hair dresser had said she had heard that I was brining a group of snowboarders from all over the US and Canada to Turner and how excited the community of Libby is to have us!

I wonder if some of the locals are envisioning a horde of park rats descending upon their town, or if they're aware of the difference in the demographic with alpine boarders?  "Excited" might not be the proper term if they're expecting the former...

58 minutes ago, dredman said:

I thought I would start a thread to share the excitement about this event... to try and keep the other threads to the business they were intended to be for.  

Stoke #1 My Mom was at the hair salon today in Libby (home of Turner Mtn).  She said that the hair dresser had said she had heard that I was brining a group of snowboarders from all over the US and Canada to Turner and how excited the community of Libby is to have us!

Stoke #2. Talking with one of the Board of Directiors from Turner.... “They will be rolling out the red carpet for us, and it will be groomed beautifully”

When I rented White Pine in Wyoming 3 years ago, i had them do a deli meat, mac salad, potato salad, etc... smorgasbord type lunch. Included water and soda. Basically all you wanted to eat. I think they did it for $14 each. It made it easy for them to set-up/prep and no cooking to wait on. Lunch was 11:00-1:00 . Maybe you could ask them and those who are going if something along those lines could be worked out. Could be dishes of pasta, Lasagna, or ????

Don

• Like 1

@monodude  Great Idea! I am trying to keep my logistics as simple as possible.  

We will have the cafe open at Turner.  They have a great cook/chef that will be serving breakfast and lunch to order... 

I let Turner know that most all of us are middle aged men and not your stereotypical snowboarders.

The community will love the extra winter business! 

Thanks to all that are supporting my Hometown and ski area of my youth!

!!FYI... BRING YOUR OWN BEER! Turner does not have a beer/liquor license!!

7A9099C1-BBEF-4467-B849-9EA0D9289E85.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Riceball said:

So, where should I be making reservations for accommodations?

There is a link to lodging in the Lodging section of the MCC thread.  Kootenai Angler has cabins at a discounted rate for our group.  It is a slow time of year for Libby in February and prices seem pretty reasonable.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...