Note to New Members ×

Track 425 Pro vs Track 700 Impressions??

barryj

I've been running Track 700"s for hard charging carving and my white  Track 700's (2 seasons old) feel like the shell has.... softened?   Anyway had been thinking of getting the newer Black 700's but now thinking maybe the 425's would better suit my needs for pushing the Kessler and save the white 700's for my everyday (non pow - I got a set of the black 325's for that) work boot.

So....anybody running the 425 Pros and had the 700's and can report how they compare  and  your impressions riding both??  

Yeah, 700s with race tongues and springs were the ticket for me. 

They fit without doing anything crazy and in addition the way the ankle flexed in the 700s was superior to me. 

Anyway, what I’m saying is of all the snowboard specific hardboots I’ve used the SB series Raichle/deeluxe are the ones I liked the least. Also, the older ones the friggin’ cuff canting doohickeys would blow out, that sucked. Hope they fixed that. That alone was enough to make me like the 700s a lot more. 

All that said, none of them are perfect.... Such a boot does not exist. 

15 hours ago, barryj said:

I've been running Track 700"s for hard charging carving and my white  Track 700's (2 seasons old) feel like the shell has.... softened?   Anyway had been thinking of getting the newer Black 700's but now thinking maybe the 425's would better suit my needs for pushing the Kessler and save the white 700's for my everyday (non pow - I got a set of the black 325's for that) work boot.

So....anybody running the 425 Pros and had the 700's and can report how they compare  and  your impressions riding both??  

Have you considered that the weather you are experiencing has contributed to your experience?  Warmer temps tend to soften plastic boots made with certain types of plastic.  AT boot buyers are aware of this since they want consistent flex, there is a Polyurethane vs Pebax vs Grilamid vs Carbon trade off.  Track 700's are motly likely made of Polyurethane since they are heavy and were made a long time ago before Pebax was an option.  Also the spring time snow conditions could be contributing to massive edge hold, plus the warmer temps softening the boots, you could be fooled into thinking that the boots are breaking down or softening with age.  Next January when it's icy and you have the race tongues in, you swear the boot are too stiff and you wanted the softer boots you had before.  I've been running Track 700s for a few years with springs and in the springtime, they tent to feel soft and in Dec/Jan my setup appear to be way too stiff.

• Like 2

Yeah......  I've  thought about the warmer temps having an effect on the shell and liner.  I'm getting a little bit of heel lift that hasn't been there previously and  do think I'm getting  some pack out in the Liner.

Might be time to upgrade the liner also.............

What liners are you using? I found a huge difference between the stock Palau liners and Intuition power wraps.  I found the palaus (the 141 model or whatever bomber called it) to be much more comfortable but they really don't hold up that great in the long run (packing out and feeling softer).  The intuitions bug the piss out of my ankle hardware but I believe they are vastly superior in the performance department.  I also get heel lift in the palaus that is absent with the intuitions.  Big stiffness/performance upgrade without replacing the shells.

Edited by Carvin' Marvin

9 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

What liners are you using?

Yeah........... I'm stil in the stock Deeluxe liners.  I've tried the moldable Intuition liners but the  "wrap" bothers the front of my  leg above the ankle.   I guess I'm too old school and and just used to a Tongue!

This is the  best liner that worked for me......  the Old Standard red and black Deluxe liners?.......  There was a whole tub of them at TTC last year!!  I think they were  used in the demo boots.     So yeah, probably ready for an upgrade!   ........ but is there a  model that isn't a wrap  

post-2478-0-29765700-1463580564_thumb.jpg

Intuition has a good selection of tongue liners: https://intuitionliners.com/product-tag/tongue-style-liner/

You should check out and compare the luxury, pro tongue, and dreamliner.  The pro tongues work well for me, they're the stiffest of the tongue-style liners, have a really roomy toebox, and a 2mm sole with a 7mm removable insole, which is handy if you want to swap out the insole for a footbed of your own.

I switched from 700's to 425's mostly for the ankle pivot difference.   Was growing to dislike the whole asymmetric  flex thing.   The 425's do seem stiffer and do seem to be more consistent across different temps. 

Edited by Mike T

JB,  Thanks for that Intuition Liner Link!    Pricey little buggers!

Mike T,     You running any BTS with your 425's?     ....and if so were they stiff enough that you had to change up your BTS springs?   What's your weight/height .......and what board(s) are you using the 425's on?

On 4/28/2018 at 2:17 AM, Carvin' Marvin said:

What liners are you using? I found a huge difference between the stock Palau liners and Intuition power wraps.  I found the palaus (the 141 model or whatever bomber called it) to be much more comfortable but they really don't hold up that great in the long run (packing out and feeling softer).  The intuitions bug the piss out of my ankle hardware but I believe they are vastly superior in the performance department.  I also get heel lift in the palaus that is absent with the intuitions.  Big stiffness/performance upgrade without replacing the shells.

I love intuition liners. The power wraps works great on my ski boots which is not 3 piece design like 425 pro or .951 boots. I use pro tongue for my .951 with custom footbeds and I love it. It is so easy to get in and get out as well as it has great heel hold. I dont use the laces as I dont feel like I need it

3 hours ago, jacopodotti said:

I moved from Palau Overlap Soft to Palau Over Lap Hard and the difference is big.
The feet are more firm and the boots more stiff.
Consider less comfort.

I use both, soft for daily cruising and hard when i run gates.

1 hour ago, pokkis said:

what you mean with Palau 141

Where did you get your Palau soft/hard liners??

On the Bomber store site, under "Boots" you can still see Palau 131 and 141 liners.   Are  either one of those what you bought...... 

On 4/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, barryj said:

Thanks for that Intuition Liner Link!    Pricey little buggers!

I just compared the Intuition to the Palau 141 liners in Bomber store, Bomber was selling the Palau 141's last year for $199, and the three Intuitions models I mentioned are all $198.  

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com/Palau-141-Thermo-Flex-Liners_p_179.html