Note to New Members ×

Goggles for peripheral vision?

rjnakata

I've tried goggles, but it feels like my peripheral is cut down, so I switched back to wrap sunglasses (it's often sunny here).

I know there are advantages to goggles (face and for especially for me eye impact protection). 

Do you guys know of any goggles that do not restrict peripheral vision?

Thanks!

Edited by rjnakata

I had some big Zeal goggles, can't recall the model. They had incredible field of view, but they didn't fit between my helmet and nose. They seemed ok in the shop, but when riding the helmet kept pushing them down. Super annoying!

I'm loving these goggles: https://m.banggood.com/Winter-Anti-fog-Dual-Len-Motorbike-Racing-Outdoor-Snowboard-Ski-Goggles-p-1037612.html

They have a wide field of view, look good, don't fog, and are cheap as dirt. It takes a month for them to show up from China though. 

You may want to look into an integrated helmet/goggle.  the Uvex 300 come to mind.  I tried them on this season and they are on my list of must haves for next season.  No frames, straps, etc, just a really nice design.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=uvex+300&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=233146143106&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15144243563149798165&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030504&hvtargid=kwd-301965042617&ref=pd_sl_2ythymlks9_e

Edited by breeseomatic

On 3/14/2018 at 6:12 AM, Corey said:

I'm loving these goggles: https://m.banggood.com/Winter-Anti-fog-Dual-Len-Motorbike-Racing-Outdoor-Snowboard-Ski-Goggles-p-1037612.html

They have a wide field of view, look good, don't fog, and are cheap as dirt. It takes a month for them to show up from China though. 

Thanks all for your suggestions!  I like the idea of an integrated shield...it's like my full face helmet...but I need a bigger size than they have.

Corey: Banggood huh?  at $19 shipped and a recommendation from you, I now have a pair on their way from China.  They'll make me ride like Corey.

Nice,

The reason I bring it up is that a dufus knocked me over, sent my face to the snow and dislodged some new floaters inside my eye.  I see new "shooting stars" that could have been prevented with: A) no dufus  B) goggles, not sunglasses.

Have a look at the Smith I/OX too, wiiiide field of view. Added bonus is the lifetime warranty - Smith recently replaced a pair of my 4 yr old I/O's (60+ days) due to the foam delaminating, no questions asked. Can't get better than that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjnakata said:

Corey: Banggood huh?  at $19 shipped and a recommendation from you, I now have a pair on their way from China.  They'll make me ride like Corey.

Yeah, I took a $20 gamble and won. I've spent more for overpriced lunch at ski hills before. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2018 at 4:54 PM, rjnakata said:

I just ordered a pair as well.. If this works I'm ordering them for my family too :)

Some of the adhesive foam between dual lenses has released around my left cheekbone.  Maybe 1/4" total of adhesive released.  They didn't fog at -25C (-13F) even with the broken seal.  I'll try to glue it back together, but will also order another pair for backup. 

Ignoring the stupidly-low cost, these are among the best googles I've ever owned.  Considering the cost, they're simply awesome.  

I'm even cheaper than Corey.  I've been very happy with these:

https://www.amazon.com/ENKEEO-Ski-Goggles-Detachable-Snowboarding/dp/B0753GDQX3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

I think I paid around $20, but all of the colors except silver are now at $9.99.  The colors are just a mirror coating that apparently doesn't affect the color of the view very much.  But being coated, you have to be careful to avoid scratches.  I wrap mine in a microfiber cloth before slipping them in the bag that comes with them.  Note that all colors have a pretty low VLT (visible light transmission) so they're best for brighter conditions.  The magnetic lens attachment really works well also.

Edited by Wolf
typo: their, they're, there ... where?

1 hour ago, Wolf said:

I'm even cheaper than Corey. 

I'll have to write this special date on my calendar.  LOL!  

Those look pretty nice too.  Shame I'd have to pay an additional $15 in fees to bring them into Canada.  

These are not bad.  I have the all black ones and the clear lens ones with the black strap. I used each of them probably 15 times this season. They still look and feel good.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LWVQX5E/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524157930&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ski%2Bgoggles%2Btraverse&dpPl=1&dpID=41HwKkcv3JL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

For $11 I don’t have to feel bad when they get all scratched up. I’m honestly surprised it didn’t happen yet.

I have some $60 smith goggles and the foam that touches my face is nicer. The ventilation is nicer. But for $11 these are a much better value.