Note to New Members ×

Name the Wipeout

pmorita

On November 30, 2017 at 11:57 AM, pmorita said:

Don't read if you are sensitive.

Chappaquiddick - Riding with a drunk friend and ending up in a shallow stream on the side of the trail.

I did that on two consecutive runs, into the same stream, ass over tea kettle, last year.  Just looking back up hill and next thing you know ,I am going through the two ,fluorescent bamboo poles!  Skier friends comment, " that was you?"

Triple Jump is when one binding blows out or off and you can't establish an edge so you try to save yourself by hopping from board to bare boot and back. I've had this happen to my back foot (Thank you, Burton Race Physics!) but thank god never to my front foot

If you're on a steep enough slope after a scorpion you won't stop and will become a human toboggan or Runaway Rescue Sled

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

Triple Jump is when one binding blows out or off and you can't establish an edge so you try to save yourself by hopping from board to bare boot and back. I've had this happen to my back foot (Thank you, Burton Race Physics!) but thank god never to my front foot

If you're on a steep enough slope after a scorpion you won't stop and will become a human toboggan or Runaway Rescue Sled

Front foot been there done that ! The fix was to put a small tether on the toe bail and  clamp it under front boot buckle ( peace of mind goes a long way to counteract fear ).

On 11/30/2017 at 8:57 AM, pmorita said:

Don't read if you are sensitive.

Chappaquiddick - Riding with a drunk friend and ending up in a shallow stream on the side of the trail.

I've done that! Minus the drunk friend -- I have only myself to blame. 

On 11/30/2017 at 7:37 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

I did this once....  Way overloaded the nose and got launched into the air.  Managed 1 and a half flips with my front foot having come out of the binding.  Seeing snow/sky/snow between your foot and the board is not a good feeling.  Lucky for me I landed right on my head and didn't torque my knee into 1000 pieces.  

My wife was right behind me when it happened.  She was white when she skiied up to me.  Thought I was going to be dead or something.