Note to New Members ×

BOL withdrawl/Dubai

1xsculler

So I can drag this season out a little longer and make it interesting why don't one of you shredders step up to the plate and sponsor me to go to Dubai and give a full report on laying out a few trenches in their indoor ski venue in the desert if it is still functioning.  I'm not the best person to do it but I might be able to create some interest down there.  You can probably tell that I'm a little bored with too much time on my hands now that I've stowed my gear for the next seven months.

In the afternoon I could shank a few golf balls off the tallest building in the world which I think is, or was, in Dubai.

BTW, I travel only 1st class.

Edited by 1xsculler

You live in the Northwest. There is no need to be so dramatic about the end of the season because the season has a long way to go. It is a great place to be truly burnt out on riding snow until the beginning of the next season. I'll be riding until July.

Timberline on Hood has a $119 spring pass and 15' of base at the lodge. I think they've got you covered close to home. The Magic Mile is amazing for a beginner carver. They will be open all summer although it does get crowded after Memorial Day.

• Like 4

And, outdoors, beside NZ, there's South America! Argentina, Peru and Chile have some great spots! If indoors is really where you thought you needed to be, try Tokyo, Japan! It's closer, though, not as close as Mt. Hood... I coached at Hood 3 seasons back in the 90's (pre marriage; I only got my wife out that-a-way on the Honeymoon, and could only go 'home' to the NW upon my Parent's [and a dear Cousin's] burial.)  So, I can vouch that Mt. Hood is viable well into the summer months!  BTW, Chewelah was where I was born (near 49* North skiway).

12 hours ago, Eric Brammer aka PSR said:

And, outdoors, beside NZ, there's South America! Argentina, Peru and Chile have some great spots! If indoors is really where you thought you needed to be, try Tokyo, Japan! It's closer, though, not as close as Mt. Hood... I coached at Hood 3 seasons back in the 90's (pre marriage; I only got my wife out that-a-way on the Honeymoon, and could only go 'home' to the NW upon my Parent's [and a dear Cousin's] burial.)  So, I can vouch that Mt. Hood is viable well into the summer months!  BTW, Chewelah was where I was born (near 49* North skiway).

Becki's been teaching at 49* the last 3 yrs; I broke my leg there my 2nd time skiing back in '75. Two years ago they only opened for 20 days and closed for lack of snow feb 15, this year still looks good 3 weeks after closing if your up for skinning.

summit.jpg

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

Las Lenas!!  Took a Cat-tour up to the Continental Divide ridge, and came back In-bounds. My  200 Tanker was great there, and my protege romped it on my O-Sin 4807, so, we both were always 'on top' of the situation!! Although, Velle Nevado was also good, despite the low cloud cover (upper Mt. was a tree-less fog-bank; damn near went too far 'left' off a precipice!; learned to stay 'on groomers on 'foggy' days!), and had epic soft-snow conditions in late July.

Take dramazine before any bus rides up to the Resorts!

Edited by Eric Brammer aka PSR