Note to New Members ×

Im about to officially cancel winter

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From where I snowboard, most of Austria and Poland has been dumped with snow, so far its looking like phenomenal season that started a bit late though. Temps are overall very high but still below zero, so basically there's tons of snow in the mountains but not much in lower lying areas.

However, seasonal forecasts point to a very short winter.

Nice thing so far is I havent experienced ice, for the first time in years I ride on dull edges!

Sorry Bobby, but we have 2m of 100% natural hardpack over here, with over 6m cumulative falls since 10 Dec, and a cold front incoming. We had 2 feet of powder this morning, another foot expected overnight, then blue skies and sunshine.

I'll be skwalling tomorrow. Like I was today.

Muahahaha

Sorry Bobby, but we have 2m of 100% natural hardpack over here, with over 6m cumulative falls since 10 Dec, and a cold front incoming. We had 2 feet of powder this morning, another foot expected overnight, then blue skies and sunshine.

I'll be skwalling tomorrow. Like I was today.

Muahahaha

Muahahaha accepted and understood:cool:

Sugarloaf is in great shape - thanks mostly to the snowmakers and groomers with some help from mother nature. A few natural snow trails are actually open. We may miss the thaw tomorrow. weather.com says 31 and "wintery mix". accuweather.com says 37 and rain. But you know, it can rain in the valley and snow on the mountain!!

Muahahaha accepted and understood:cool:

Just got back from 4 hours of intensive skwal. Not to rub it in, but it was, as they say, ace. Hero cord and no people, although visibility was a bit limited.

I know where you're coming from, though. Last season we had a mere 80cm /cumulative/ snowfall from the start of december through to the end of april. Man, that sucked.

Simon.