Note to New Members ×

Carving Magazine Feedback!!!

alexgforce

As some of you will start to receive the issue within the next following days, I would like to use this thread and get your feedback, comments, ideas, things you like and you don't like. This information will be used to make the following issues better!!

Please use this thread only when you have already viewed the magazine. It will be a big help to us.

Thanks for the support.

Got it in today. Topnotch magazine!!!

Like the articles about the photographers and riders. Also some manufacturers are in the mag I didn't know. Great pictures. Looking forward to the next one.:biggthump

Just one note of criticism:just put enough postal on the mag, I had to pay the postman extra postalfine/fee.

Question, the rider profiles? That section isn't really introduced at all. Why are those people featured? Why were they picked?

Nice job!

You are absolutely right. The idea was to introduce riders randomly selected from within our community ideally from different parts of the world.

What is missing is an intro section with the why and how.

Big Thanks to everyone for their comments an support!!!

Just recieved mine yesterday. First of all, what an amazing, high quality first effort!! Without a doubt one of the most substantial magazines I have ever held in my hands! I have only skimmed through the articles, and will read every word once I have some time to commit to it. The photography is exceptional, very high quality. Incredible. Now I'm wishing this was at least a biannual magazine.

Just got my copies today....., maybe I'm old (43, going on 15), old school, whatever. I'm so pumped to have a caving specific mag to hold in my hands.

It reminds me of getting my first copy of "Absolutlety Radical" a million years ago. Those of you who know what that is will understand, it was a part of starting something pretty cool back in the day.

I told my wife not to interrupt (bug) me for 1 hour while I poured through my first viewing. (she laughed at what an alpine snowboard geek I am) My 3 year old daughter lasted about 5 minutes before bursting into the room,climbing up on me and was chanting "Snowboard, Snowboard!" as she looked over my shoulder as I scoured the magazine.

I love the weight of the mag (wow!!!), premium quality paper, sweet photos and everything about it

Guaranteed lifetime subscriber even though I'm not profiled...., (perhaps I'll be the guy on the cover of the Clydesdale/plus size male model/medi-ocre carver/ beer drinking champion issue...?)

Profile Bruce Varsava and Coiler Composites, (don't take too much of his time to slow him down from building my next board..... no... seriously)

Only note of constructive criticism...., A ski add on page one? (i know its Kessler and they rule and all that, but I was a little surprised to see that out of the gate)Secondly, If you use Rescky as a shooter again he obviously needs to lead me a b it more to stay with my critical speed, i think perhaps he/y'all missec out on some unreal ridinf.

I'm super pumped you brought this to life.

Thank you Alex.

(Disclaimer, this was ritten after Mnay beers and a few Gran marni eh's, have you seen the ad for GM on TV? So catchy, how could you not drink it?)

Bravo Alex :biggthump

Alex..

Kurt

...If you use Rescky as a shooter again he obviously needs to lead me a b it more to stay with my critical speed, i think perhaps he/y'all missec out on some unreal ridinf...

Kurt, I'll book a photo shoot with you this year and make sure I give you plenty of lead with one of my bigger lenses... you'll be the next big star!

So Riceball.... did you recommend to Alex to use the "panting Virus" shot :angryfire

How will I compete with Trent with pictures like that?

;)

Alex picked all the photos. I had no influence. The copy I ordered should be arriving soon, so I'll get to see what he ultimately chose. Can't wait. As for Trent, I'm not sure if he made it in there or not...

Kurt pretty much nailed my thoughts. It's exciting to see this happen! I hadn't heard of some of the companies either. The whole thing makes Alpine look very healthy and vibrant.

Haha, I'm not flattered with my picture in there but I'll take any photo in a magazine over none. ;)

Haha, I'm not flattered with my picture in there but I'll take any photo in a magazine over none. ;)

pretty much the same here... Know I am in there, but none more... did Alexis put a photo of me naked on a table in Aspen or Sölden???? Scoring Beers or Chicks?? myselves I don´t know.... mag did not arrive yet...

Happy NewYears, to all of you Edgecrazy Scumbags !!

I'll say it again - every year on this forum for as long as I can remember, someone says "hey why don't we start a carving magazine?" It never happened. Until now. Congratulations and THANK YOU!!

I love the size/format and the quality of the paper and binding. The photos, graphics, and layout are really enjoyable and professional. I think it's perfect to start it as a once-a-year thing. There is enough goodness in here to browse through all season, and then pick up again in the summer. I think if there is a market for it, twice a year would be ideal, but only if the quality can be maintained. I love that it's more like a soft-cover coffee table book than a magazine. I will treasure this issue always.

Criticisms: I'd like to see more racing and especially World Cup coverage, and the company profiles are pretty European-centric. North American carvers owe a lot to Coiler, Donek, and Prior, yet they are not included in the company profiles. The only N. American board maker featured has been defunct for several years.

GREAT job and THANKS again! :biggthump

I'm jealous. I ordered mine the day they went on sale and I haven't received mine yet. :(

Please send me an email so we can figure out why you haven't received it yet. There might be a delay due to the holidays but if you have ordered it on the 15 or 16 of December, you should have it by now.

Jack,

Thanks for the comments. Indeed racing is missing from this issue. Unfortunately we were unable to find the appropriate person that would provide racing material for the mag. We will definitely work on this for the next issue.

Regarding North American manufacturers. We have contacted all of them and asked them to give us photos and information for the company profile section, or material to make an ad for them (FREE). Unfortunately there was absolutely no response from the companies that you have mentioned apart from Sean who was kind enough to give us some of his photos. I am aware of the time limitation that each manufacturer has but there is nothing I can do if the companies will not give me the material.

Regarding North American manufacturers. We have contacted all of them and asked them to give us photos and information for the company profile section, or material to make an ad for them (FREE). Unfortunately there was absolutely no response from the companies that you have mentioned apart from Sean who was kind enough to give us some of his photos. I am aware of the time limitation that each manufacturer has but there is nothing I can do if the companies will not give me the material.

Intresting.. Was the response the same for the Euro Manufactures.. I guess next issue will have Room For Frank at Virus and Marcel at Oxess, both top notch guys and top notch product !! did they respond? Im surprised if they didn't...:confused:

Right Said Shred...

Intresting.. Was the response the same for the Euro Manufactures.. I guess next issue will have Room For Frank at Virus and Marcel at Oxess, both top notch guys and top notch product !! did they respond? Im surprised if they didn't...:confused:

Right Said Shred...

What you see in the magazine is what we got. I did inform Frank but did not put pressure since he was busy making my boards for 2012. Will be featured in the next issue. Oxess was informed in many occasions (in person and via email) but did not respond at all.