Note to New Members ×

Carving Magazine Feedback!!!

alexgforce

Jack,

Thanks for the comments. Indeed racing is missing from this issue. Unfortunately we were unable to find the appropriate person that would provide racing material for the mag. We will definitely work on this for the next issue.

I would try to get in touch with Oliver Kraus, he is taking tons of pics at lots of (all?) World Cup events: http://fis.smugmug.com/. Hopefully he could write something too, I don't know.

Also Sean Martin has taken great photos at Colorado races, and he can write.

Regarding North American manufacturers. We have contacted all of them and asked them to give us photos and information for the company profile section, or material to make an ad for them (FREE). Unfortunately there was absolutely no response from the companies that you have mentioned apart from Sean who was kind enough to give us some of his photos. I am aware of the time limitation that each manufacturer has but there is nothing I can do if the companies will not give me the material.

That is a bummer, but I know they are busy. I'll bet now that they know the magazine is for real, the response will be different next time.

Just received my mag yesterday. I'm in Montreal,Can and had ordered early so anyone in Toronto,Can that also ordered early should be getting theirs real soon now (unless there are problems).

As for the magazine, very nice quality (both the material and content).

My two cents:

1) Have the articles and ads proofread. There are many mistakes both in syntax, grammar and typos. English is my second language (but I'm fluent) and I've noticed many, many mistakes. I know that some of the articles/ads were written by people who don't completely master the English language (and that's fine as there is geographic diversity in the magazine) but I'm sure there would be many volunteers to proofread an article/ad or two (including me) to find and correct mistakes.

2) Send the magazine protected by a cardboard box (I know, it adds $$$: box + extra postage). I was lucky, my copy made it here in almost perfect condition but I can see that it wouldn't take much to damage it.

3) I'd be great if a sticker or two would be included with the magazine (yes, more $$$).

4) Add a gear page that lists all known manufacturers (boards/bindings/boots/plates/etc) along with their website. Also a list of stores that carry carving gear by geographic location (or online)

5) Hoping to see even more geographic diversity next year (Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Canada, etc..). Also, would love to see more manufacturers. Start pestering people/manufacturers now :)

6) I know that you may want to maintain free ads for manufacturers as most are small and do this out of passion much less for profit, but maybe a small contribution (like $25-50) just to help out for postage. I wouldn't be surprised that they would agree to this.

7) Publish it in September before the season starts

8) Put me down for a copy for the next edition :)

All I have to say is :biggthump (it would have been a twobigthumbsup emoticon if there was such a beast...). Thanks for creating this magazine.

What you see in the magazine is what we got. I did inform Frank but did not put pressure since he was busy making my boards for 2012. Will be featured in the next issue. Oxess was informed in many occasions (in person and via email) but did not respond at all.

I'll help out.. I'll start priming the pump now!! I agree that some probabley did not think it would turn out as good as it did! Yes it can get better and it will, the first step is the hardest but what a great job... !!! Im pumped for the next issue!! Sept, October time frame would be sweet!

I will have to photo shoot and document the WTF 2012 for next issue!:biggthump

Cheers from the Cleveland Crew..!

Thanks "Shred"

We have a long way to go with the mag. Proofreading is definitely something we are planning to work on for the next issue.

The response we got already has been more than we expected so we have stuff coming in from allover the world (New Zealand, japan, Korea, etc.). 30% of the material for the next issue is already in our hands so an earlier launch date for the 2nd issue is very possible.

WTF 2012, please do. Document it, take photos and we 'll put it in the issue.