Note to New Members ×

Madd issues

moxie

My Madd 170 arrived today. Unfortunately it has some quality issues. For starters, the topsheet was applied upside-down. Thus, the graphics and logo are backwards. Additionally, there are long, not very straight stripes running the length of the board. Additionally, I ordered the structure/tune. While most of the base looks great., there is an area near the nose that has been ground down to a light, rough spot???? I'll post pics. I emailed them, so we'll see what happens.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it will be worth money, like coins or stamps that have blemishes, and being a limited run of boards, I am sure it will appreciate greatly over the next few years. Who knows, maybe it will be shown on the antiques road show.

But on another note, how could the manufacturers not catch something like that. I know they might hire cheap seasonal help, but can a small company like that afford such poor quality control?

I hope you get some good customer service, especially after waiting so long for you board.

You have to take into account that all or most of these boards have names on them.

Blem's like these and other mishaps happen in any production run of snowboards. Normally the board would be tossed in the demo bin, and another one would be grabbed off the stack and shipped to the customer. But since all the boards have names on them or are otherwise spoken for, that's not as easy to do.

I have no idea how many extra "back-up" boards they made in anticipation of goofs, if any. Not sure how this one made it out the door, but I'm sure Moxie will tell us all how Madd resolves the issue!

It's funny, when I first saw the graphic I thought it looked better than the others.

If it was mine I'd keep it, it's a real conversation piece, but I'd sure as hell want some of my money back.

I'd want to find out what happened and whether the same "careful attention to detail" was paid to the inside of the board though before I rode it.

The base problem looks like shipping damage.

Maybe these boards were made "down under"? Stoners? Child labor? Somebody's grandma? That really sucks.

I've heard so much hype about these boards, it makes me sick to think how you felt when you opened your shipment. Maybe they will fix, but how long will it take?

Madd? I would be...

p.s. The more that I look at the board, the more it looks Sadd...

Chris,

Only 2 were made like yours. Because your name was on the board we kept it as is and shipped. We thought it looked pretty cool. The boards are all structurally sound and will perform like the reputation of Madd. However, if your not happy, return the board and we will refund your money or replace your board. It will take 2 weeks to make allow 1 week for shipment from Italy and 1 more week for Mike D. to do the structure.

As far as the rough spot on the tip, Mike D. did all of the structures and under no circumstance would he have sent out anything from his shop that was not acceptable.

Cheri

p.s. anyone want to buy a one of a kind bbaM board?

Guest Randy S.

Here's a little lesson in Customer Service:

When you spot a problem, its better to be proactive and let the customer know in advance. Doing that would have avoided a protracted thread on BOL that besmirches Madd's reputation. I'd have thought the folks at Madd would have figured this out by now, but apparently not.

I'd be pissed off if this was my board. Had I gotten an email from someone in advance of shipment and been given the options spelled out above, I'd be a happy camper and probably even post something positive about the company on BOL. I've stayed out of all the Madd threads to date, and probably should have continued that track record, but felt compelled to weigh in.