Note to New Members ×

Madd issues

moxie

Bob- enjoy the deck and don't be afraid to ride the living crap out of it. At 250 Lbs we are very interested in your responses. I would peg your size above the design size of this deck(what mondo point boots do you use?) but if you have any feedback on what you would like to change maybe someday we can make a version for Giants.

I'm glad it has found a place in your quiver. It does sound like a 190cm Coiler is better suited to your size. But on crowded days I hope you will enjoy the nimbleness of a shorter board. I always do.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hans

Hi, Bob

Since I have ordered a 180 Coiler Racecarve II with Bruce, I am very interested in your boardexperience with Coiler. Can you tell me something about your experiences, have some tips for customizing?

Greets, Hans.

if you look at the custom page there is a 190 with a 20 cm waist that is mine is nearly the same not sure

tell Bruce exactly what you want to do and he will either tweak one of his boards to what you want to do or go full custom which is not that expensive at all

where this really comes into play is if you are outside the weight range of the average rider or other boards do not meet your needs for whatever reason

my board shines in all conditions but where it really comes out is on ice the first time I railed it on the type of ice that belongs on a hockey rink it did not do what I expected

it hooked right up and held VERY well to the point it startled me I totally expected to go into a skid

that board is simply amazing it is the only board

I can say that is perfect for me and the type of riding that I like to do

that said it does not eliminate the need for a quiver but it comes close

one thing that did not become was not so obvious untill the end of last season was I rode the hell out of that board and it still feels new

most of my boards after riding in the spring slop tend to feel dead and the have the wet noodle feel

this is not the case with my Coiler

at this point a I think wider, stiffer and possibly longer version would be killer

with a 28.5 that puts me right at about 65 deg both feet with no real options if I go any lower drag will be a issue and any higher my overal balance gets worse and my toeside will become weaker

at those angles my toeside is already hurting

and any versitility I had is not there now it is tough to ride that board flat or to make the "OH SH*T" twitch type of turn

what I would like to see is a 19.5 waist 170 stiffened to eliminate some of the bouncy feeling

its kind of hard to describe what I was feeling and the conditions were nasty and it did really well considering it is way different than what I have been on the last few years and really not intended for my weight and foot size

Diverging a bit from the current flow of this thread...

Has anyone else ever seen camber in a board (of ANY kind) like this one has? When I got mine (170) and placed it flat on my basement carpet (on its base), I could practically slide my hand flat between the carpet and the base - never owned anything with camber quite like that! I thought "holy **** this is gonna be a lively ride ... and it was! On mild/moderate (blue) slopes, that thing launched my meager 155 lbs from edge to edge like a freakin' spring board - what a RUSH! Like mentioned above and in other instances, the thing will give back the more you put into it - really tried the aggressive forward weight shift at the initiation of the turn in slightly steeper pitches (where I HAVE folded other boards) and this puppy just held and allowed a real natural transfer of weight throughout the sidecut to finish the turn with VERY sweet transition into the next!

Sorry, things are a bit slow at work right now, local hill got an additional 20" in the past 48 hrs and I won't be able to get up again for another week:mad: , so I'm forced to re-live the experience:D

to any single aspect of the board

the flex is right in all the right places but many modern boards are the Donek Axis is a good example of that

my Coiler as well

one thing that is really stunning is that how ahead of their time they were there was nothing that was even close that I can remember from that time

Bob- We may have a super stiff proto for you to try that would fit your weight range- ask Mike or Shaggy to try it. It isn't for every big guy- you really have to hammer it, but it sounds like it might be your cup of tea. It is 19.5 or 19cm at the waist .... off the top of my head. You would have to t-nut it at some point though. It is only for super hard snow. The shorter decks have deeper sidecut so you will have even more width underfoot and hopefully you could get into the 58-62 front and around 55-58 rear with that width.

with some boards in tow

I put in allot of time on a burner 197 in fact last winter at the begining of the season it was the only board I had with me for the first ten or so days out on the hill

it was one hell of a way to start the season and get in shape

Bob, Come to the WAWA weds for $15 bucks starting in mid January. MAybe put something together for Sunday River soon, maybe even this coming weekend. Do I really have the hedgehog smile? I think it's more of a smirk, and we're both smirking for the same reason. I can't say that the hedgehog tried to feel up my girlfriend's boobies,but I wish I could.

post-123-141842199677_thumb.gif

I beg to differ. Im with John Gilmour and Madd on this one. This reminds me of an article of White Collars versus Blue Collars on Ski Resort in SAM magazine. White collars -JUST- DONT GET IT! Money's not everything, and WILL NOT SOLVE EVERYTHING. Blue Collars are more logistics in approaches with board manufactdoring whilst white collars are more of "MONEY MONEY MONEY," and customer-ass-kissing. Yes, I've paid for my Madd in full price, however Im tolerant of how things are. Ive worked for Mervin MFG in the past, and it is a major pain in the ass to do the manufactoring to meet the expectations of the WHITE Collars (which is really unrealistic).

Originally posted by chillaxin.nl

You really don't get it, huh? Getting arguments in the discussion which have absoluty nothing to do with this topic. Taking things out of their context...

I did not say you should not be polite. I said you have a right to complain if the product you paid for is not according to your expectations. Furthermore, i said that i have no compassion for your story or Madd's working for free. That's your own choice and has nothing to do with small or big manufacturers, working full time job as a teacher and having kids. What the hell does that have to do with quality of snowboards? I really don't get it, so please explain it.

I did have an American girlfriend, and you don't know me so please keep your opinion about my attitude, cultural knowledge etc. to yourself. Again, this has NOTHING to do with this topic. So stick to facts...

All I know is that if my board doesn't show up before I head home for Christmas break, I'm going to look just like the boy on the topsheet: Sad and blue....

Nothing's worse than knowing that knowing that you have a sick board gathering dust in some dorm mail-room while you're out riding on your old deck...

Originally posted by LeeW

I beg to differ. Im with John Gilmour and Madd on this one. This reminds me of an article of White Collars versus Blue Collars on Ski Resort in SAM magazine. White collars -JUST- DONT GET IT! Money's not everything, and WILL NOT SOLVE EVERYTHING. Blue Collars are more logistics in approaches with board manufactdoring whilst white collars are more of "MONEY MONEY MONEY," and customer-ass-kissing. Yes, I've paid for my Madd in full price, however Im tolerant of how things are. Ive worked for Mervin MFG in the past, and it is a major pain in the ass to do the manufactoring to meet the expectations of the WHITE Collars (which is really unrealistic).

Lee, Im sorry, but...what the hell does expecting good communication and a close to flawless product have to do with being "white collar" which you seem to equate with picky and demanding?

I just dont understand all this! The guy bought a board that should have looked one way and looked another when he got it. The flaw was noticed by the builders but no one said anything whatsoever until afterwards? Is someone supposed to just "suck it up" and be "blue collar" about it?

some of the statements people have made are just plain unbelievable! I am well aware that MADD boards are a labor of love, and I certainly applaud anyone involved for trying to break the mold and head in a difficult direction, but the same expectations regarding quality control and communcation apply 100% and there's absolutely NO reason why they shouldnt!

D-Sub, ah, I guess Im a little too far out in the head. I just see correlations between the hands on people and "sales" people. Thus equating white collars with "sales" people and blue collars with "hands on" people. All this has alot to do with dealing with customers.

It's no walk in the park being a sales person with the manufactoring people keeping up with the high demands of the customers' pestering on the sales person to keep up with the supplies as "promised." Promises sometime can't be kept. It's just unpractical.

(not to mention, broker or whatever suits you, like Madd Mike in this example, bothering with shipping from one continent to another)

Just sometimes the supply cannot keep up with the demand.

The way I see it in this case, Cheri did her best to satisfy moxie's desires. (and I sure want that bbam board already)

EDIT: I hope moxie -IS- satisfied ?

Originally posted by D-Sub

Lee, Im sorry, but...what the hell does expecting good communication and a close to flawless product have to do with being "white collar" which you seem to equate with picky and demanding?

I just dont understand all this! The guy bought a board that should have looked one way and looked another when he got it. The flaw was noticed by the builders but no one said anything whatsoever until afterwards? Is someone supposed to just "suck it up" and be "blue collar" about it?

some of the statements people have made are just plain unbelievable! I am well aware that MADD boards are a labor of love, and I certainly applaud anyone involved for trying to break the mold and head in a difficult direction, but the same expectations regarding quality control and communcation apply 100% and there's absolutely NO reason why they shouldnt!

I hear ya, man, but...thats twisting things GREATLY!

customers have every right to be demanding and picky, within reason of course.

I sell studio equipment and I bend over backwards for most people.

anyway..guess this is a dead horse. WOuldnt want even more outbursts of martyr syndrome

Greetings Madd customers,

We feel this thread has overrun its course. Please contact Madd's

representatives directly for all inquiries regarding your purchase.

You can reach them at maddshaggy@yahoo.com or 1-802-362-4764.

Madd has assured us that they will respond as soon as possible

to all inquiries individually. Thanks.