Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer Feb. 22-27. '11

b0ardski

It's official, the hardboot crew at Schwietzer Mountain invite snowboard carvers and our 2plank brethren to Sandpoint for the 1st annual

North

Idaho

Carving

Event

194mountain_facts.jpg

The impromptu gathering last year was great funattachment.php?attachmentid=21733&stc=1&d=1268231256

Schwietzer is giving us 20% discount lift coupons and midweek lodging which makes the ticket price $52+6%tx instead of $65+tx.

Lodging in the village will vary with the room, Use "Trench" as a discount code when you book.

From Schwietzer's web site

How to get here http://www.schweitzer.com/plan-your-vacation/getting-here/

lodging http://www.schweitzer.com/plan-your-vacation/lodging-options/

We could only get discount on mountain lodging for midweek due to the Outrageous Air Show on Fri-Sat which is a spectacle not to be missed with fireworks show followed by parties in the Taps bar.

Outrageous Air Show

Friday February 25, 2011 - Saturday February 26, 2011

Olympic skiers join local talent in a Big Air Show for a spectacular evening of entertainment. Crazy themed parties to follow in Taps.

trail maps http://www.schweitzer.com/mountain/trail-maps/

NASTAR will have 1 lane of snowboard panels set for us on sat-sun

We get 2 days of 1hr early load lift privileges Thr &Fri.

We'll put together a video & picture disc after the event & will view "dailies" at apres in Thors pizza or Taps or Pucci's Pub.

Schwietzer will waive the $100 tent fee for demos if we get some one board for that. working on tshirts & stickers also & will post a calender/itinerary in the coming days.

NOAA 7day forecast for the top of Schwietzer http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...0&unit=0&lg=en

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early load will be Thur & Fri at 8:00 am. 1 hour before the public. We'll be doing vids & pics at that time to take advantage of fresh cord & no waiting for traffic.

Sat & Sun we'll have our own NASTAR time tables with no charge for NICErs.

The hardboot crew is getting excited about a local event as this comes together with Schwietzer's blessing. We're hoping to draw a big group so we have some precedent for next year.

Cool! I've wanted to check out Schweitzer for awhile. I see that Amtrak's Empire Builder stops right in Sandpoint...granted, at 2:30 a.m., but it could still beat driving.

If I were to go by train, would it be inconvenient not to have a car? (I.e., are there shuttle buses up the mountain if you stay in Sandpoint?)

Does anyone have lodging recommendations, either in town or slopeside? K2 Inn was recommended to me awhile back, but it's been through a change of management since then, I think -- does anyone have recent experience?

Coming to Sandpoint by train is tricky, It's not a manned station so I think there is no baggage service, just carry on. Contact them to be sure. The Edge Water Inn in is next to the train but transport to the mountain may be limited to Bonner Cab to the shuttle bus at the base of Schwietzer Rd.

K2 motel (4 blocks from the train) is still there. Buster (on BOL) & crew stayed there last year and were happy with it. you could send him a B-mail.

Here's a good link to learn more about the town and lodging options http://www.sandpointonline.com

http://www.sandpointonline.com/visitor/travelcenter/index.htm

By Train

Amtrak's Empire Builder route arrives and departs on a daily basis at Sandpoint’s historic railroad depot on Railroad Avenue, just off of Bridge Street. The westbound train departs at 11:49 p.m., and the eastbound train departs at 1:40 a.m. For more information, call Amtrak toll-free at 1-800-872-7245, or check Amtrak’s website.

Driving from portland (5-6 hrs) is faster and gives you tranport & gear hauling while here.

I'll do some checking to compare slopeside vs in town lodging.

Well guys I checked this whole thing out.. and made calls... so all I can say its not Gruumer economical if you don't live there with a car..

Prices for one person was High as expected for one pers.. so I asked about town..

In town...that was doable.. but the next issue I found was.. they don't offer a ski bus from the hotels or town should I say or at least thats what they told me.. you have to make it to the base parking lot.. and then $3 up the mountain and free coming down... so that would mean a fricken rental car on top of that..

So let me know if I got that right.. was trying to come in on the 21st and leave on the 27th.. dates are flexible..

Let me know...

Man I think the SES is cheaper...Doh!!!:confused:

Yea . Transpo.. is spendy and then for the whole week of shuttles and cabs..

getting to the mountain from the airport seems doable.. A Condo would be cool if the price is doable..

Or if anyone out there is looking to share and is going to be there from 21st and check out 27th or something like that i can be flexible depending on price and people.. I don't spooo....nnnnnn :nono: need own bed hahah...:eek::sleep:

RSS

I'll be in Wilson, Wyo that week. I'd love to drive up for a day and hang out. Shouldn't be any issues that I can see. What sort of road conditions could I expect between Missoula and Sandpoint?

I live south of Missoula and drive I-90 to the Montana / Idaho border every week. I think they usually keep the roads pretty good. Shouldn't be bad.

Wow guys.... we got to get THE SHRED GRUUMER THERE! He is legendary! hahahahaa

I intend on being there for all the days. I have offered my help at booth. I live south of Sandpoint and will have room for one (sorry small car) and can pick-up and give ride to Schweitzer. Don't know at this point if I will be able to offer a place to stay. I would like to but I have a young child and don't know how this would work.

I have offered to make available demo boards (only alpine, possibly one all mountain) for the event, will see how the next few weeks go. I will not be providing bindings or boots. I hope to make this happen with N.I.C.E. but have not heard from Boardski skibum for about a month.

Looking forward to seeing lots of Alpine riders up there!

Bordo... I assume that the Condo is for the night of the 22 thru the night of 26th.. if so, Im working with Chrisk as he will be the same days and is flying in from Philly..

People lets get this filled up so I can get my flights done....:biggthump

Hope we can pull this off...

As far as the condo goes I call dibs on top...:eek: Oh I do this a lot:sleep:

Right Said Shred

The bed breakdown for Fran's condo;

upstairs master 1Queen(reserved by Shred), sm downstairs bunkbeds, sm downstairs 2 twins, big downstairs 1queen 1twin full bath on all three floors, washer & dryer in the basement gas fireplace & pellet stove on main floor. 1 car garage.

Heading up for pow, will check back in tonight.

so far we've got 2 for the week, 1 for 2days ytbd.

Chime in and/or Email me to reserve a space.

your in Steve, you got bdrm 3, 1 of two twins for wed. & thu.

as we get more commitments I'll work up a roster

I'll collect pre-pays by paypal or send a check by the 15th from every one who wants to reserve a bed. Price breakdown will be defined by then and we'll see if there's any space left for drop-ins then, Sat. night is open so far.