Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer Feb. 22-27. '11

b0ardski

Just let me know what days for photo and video and I'm sure I'll have to miss those days! (Always happens to me that way!) Last year at WTF, I think the only real pic of me was of me sitting on my a**!!! figures :smashfrea

Your welcome.

We will be shooting on the early load days and once a day out on the hill at specific location specified on the schedule. Boardski will post a schedule here soon so keep your eyes open. Closing party on sunday will be a blast make sure you attend or hear all about later.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be shooting on the early load days and once a day out on the hill at specific location specified on the schedule. Boardski will post a schedule here soon so keep your eyes open. Closing party on sunday will be a blast make sure you attend or hear all about later.

And other debauchery,or will we have to behave like the family guys we are? I guess if we can get our wives lit enough to dance on the tables that would suffice:)

Is anyone interested in Snowcat skiing during NICE? It looks like Selkirk Powder Company runs a Full day of Snowcat on the other side of the Schweitzer for $350 a day.

If you can go midweek it is $300.00 and if you could get 10 others it is $2000 midweek and $2500.00 on weekends. We have openings everyday but Friday during the N.I.C.E. event @ Schweitzer. You can also do a 1/2 day for $175.00 midweek and $200 weekends. I work for SPC and am also hosting the N.I.C.E. event with Schweitzer's help. Please stop by our desk and say hi . Russ

If you can go midweek it is $300.00 and if you could get 10 others it is $2000 midweek and $2500.00 on weekends. We have openings everyday but Friday during the N.I.C.E. event @ Schweitzer. You can also do a 1/2 day for $175.00 midweek and $200 weekends. I work for SPC and am also hosting the N.I.C.E. event with Schweitzer's help. Please stop by our desk and say hi . Russ

Wow, $2,000 midweek for 10 people is a smoking deal. Is 10 the max capacity of the cat? I have a buddy here who was possibly interested in driving out, and if we tossed in a day of cat-skiing, I think he'd be in.

Would people consider Thursday for the cat day? I don't think we'd be able to get there any earlier than that.

Wow, $2,000 midweek for 10 people is a smoking deal. Is 10 the max capacity of the cat? I have a buddy here who was possibly interested in driving out, and if we tossed in a day of cat-skiing, I think he'd be in.

Would people consider Thursday for the cat day? I don't think we'd be able to get there any earlier than that.

The cat seats 10 and lunch is included. Feb. 24th Thursday is 100% open with all 10 seats available, however Friday is already fully booked and 5 seats are open for Saturday. Sunday and beyond is also 100% open too. I would like to negotiate a special price for N.I.C.E. participants for a private cat at next year's event. I am still working on it for this year so speak up if your interested. I am trying for $106 a head. If I can get 10 people interested I might be able to talk my boss into it. Russ

The terrain on the backside of Schwietzer has some wide open bowls & a lot of open glades & sparse tree runs that start slightly steep and keep a comfortable pitch all the way to the cat road. Tight trees can be had along side the open glades for the more the adventurous in the group. Lots of small rocks & stumps to air and way worth the discounted price.

Cat Skiing / Snowmobiling

203P1270799.jpg

Selkirk Powder - Ride the Wild West-Side

Where else can you enjoy thousands of acres of world-class, snowcat-supported, ski and snowboard runs within 15 minutes of your hotel room, condo or car? Here...at Schweitzer Mountain Resort. Based on the top of Schweitzer, Selkirk Powder operates off the west side of the resort, where thousands of acres of skiing await. Voila, paradise found! Come enjoy skiing fresh tracks with State of Idaho certified ski guides in heaps of hugely varing terrain from open 20-30% slopes to steeper, old-growth forested terrain and glacier-carved open bowls.

203SC_0046.jpgYour skiing day with us includes 6-9 snowcat-supported runs for up to 12,000 vertical feet, a deli lunch, beverages and snacks! Selkirk Powder is so conveniently located at Schweitzer that you'll be skiing before 9:15 and be back in the warm, cozy village by 4:00! Selkirk Powder takes reservations in-person at the kiosk in the Lakeview Lodge in the heart of Schweitzer's Village, online or by phone. Just call 866.464.3246 or visit their website at www.selkirkpowder.com.

203DSCF0040.jpgA Snowmobile tour with Selkirk Powder is spectacular too! Designed for excitement no matter what your snowmobiling experience is (no experience necessary), Selkirk Powder's licensed guides lead out two tours daily from their private summit lodge. As you snowmobile down deep into the Schweitzer backcountry– and we mean deep – over 3,000 vertical feet. You will be blown-away by the vast expanse of "big-mountain" terrain and all the beautiful sights that come with it; epic vistas, lots of snow and wild game like moose and bunnies!

For over 9 years Selkirk Powder's snowmobile guests continue to return to our village grinning from ear to ear with the buzz of a really fun time. When considering Schweitzer, don't overlook this great family or small group opportunity for some off the slopes fun!

Check out the live summit cam, looking good this morning.

http://www.selkirkpowder.com/

object%3E

watch?v=lXm7pqNaMrQ&feature=player_detailpage<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXm7pqNaMrQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXm7pqNaMrQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

object%3E

watch?v=lXm7pqNaMrQ&feature=player_embedded

re=player_embedded

object%3E

Im somewhat in. So what's the price for thursday? So what's the price per person? And

what type of terrain open or all trees?

Let me know and ill give u a for sure answer once u can answer mine.

Thanks

If i can get 10 seats for thursday it would be $106.00 per person. That is for a private cat full of hardbooters.

Hey Buster, your carving skills are pretty solid, and I assume you can surf, so on the right board you should be able to handle it.

For a timid rider it might be a bit much. If your here on tue. you'll have a couple days to dial in a powder board in bounds. If you need one I'm sure we can supply a board that'll work for you or anyone else in your crew.

I'll have Russ chime in as he knows the terrain.

PS who's coming with ya this year?

Pusbag,

I'm a definite for Thursday. Let me know when and how you need money.

Chris K

My Tanker is now chewing a hole in the bedroom door.

$106? AWESOME. Thank you Russ! As Chris said, let us know how payment needs to work. Do you need a single check for the whole amount, or can everyone just pay to you directly?

My buddy (no BOL handle; he doesn't hang out here) and me are in for Thursday, so that makes a total of 3:

1. Chris K

2. Dan

3. Octavio

And 2 possibles:

5: Shred Grumer

6: Buster

Let's fill this cat!

Dan,

I'm not sure if you remember me. I met you at the last OES, we were standing in Mike T's garage. I was the guy kissing Bruce's feet when I won the Coiler in the raffle.

Chris K.

Hey Chris! I thought that might be you, but I wasn't sure. Remember riding those trees off the Rainbow chair in the snowstorm?

Glad that you're coming out West again! Is your friend from OES coming (I don't remember his name?)?

I seem to remember that you were right behind me or just in front of me when we were buying raffle tickets -- that means that Coiler should have been MINE! :nono: But it couldn't have gone to a nicer guy, hope you've been having fun with it :biggthump

Verbal confirmation would be fine for securing a seat on the cat, only confirm your seat if you can pay obviously. You can pay me when you get here. I work again on Wed. and would like to secure the cat if we're going to do it or else we risk the cat getting booked by somebody else on Thursday. We could reserve it for a diffrent available day too. Our rider level ability is if you can ride at your local resort on all the runs on a powder day you will have a blast riding with us. Our terrain is mainly black diamonds and blue squares, kinda just like Schweitzer.If you are struggling to keep up with the group you might consider sitting out a run or two to recoup some energy or get off the cat. I will do a head count for the cat on Wed.

Im gonna pass on the Cat.. its a $$ thing since I will be coming off the WTF and then heading back out to the NICE..

So where are we at with the Condo.. getting close to full?

Could you email me the cost, if it where to stand right now. Just need to get an idea of what I will need to come up with..thanks...:)

RSS

I'm going to claim a seat on the cat since it's a screamin deal, so that should guarantee 10 for the hardboot powder bus. If someone feels left out I could be talked into giving up my seat to another NICEr.

1. Chris K

2. Dan

3. Octavio

4. b0ardski

5: SteveP

6: Maureen

7. Buster

8. Kinpa

9. ?

10. ? pusbag, Kram? somebody will grab this seat I'm sure

#9 just pulled the trigger - a French hardbooter currently living in Portland, Igor. Looks like we filled the bus!

1. Chris K

2. Dan

3. Octavio

4. b0ardski

5: SteveP

6: Maureen

7. Buster

8. Kinpa

9. Igor

10. ? pusbag, Kram? somebody will grab this seat I'm sure

I'll get a current breakdown to you later today, so far out of 7beds, wed&thu have 1&2 beds left open, fri has 3 beds open. Only 2 have committed for Mon,Tue (I might claim 1 bed Tue.) and 2 from Wa. for Sat.

Here's a quick break down as of today, should get a couple more by Feb 15

mon.

Shred $112.50

ChrisK $ 112.50

tue

Shred $112.50

ChrisK $ 112.50

wed

Shred $57

ChrisK $57

SteveP $57

Maureen $57

Thr

Shred $40

ChrisK $40

SteveP $40

Maureen $40

sultanguy $40

exselsiorF $40

Fri

Shred $57

ChrisK $57

sultanguy $57

exselsiorF $57

Sat

sultanguy $112.50

exselsiorF $112.50

if we get some more peeps to commit (kathy hasn't locked in which days yet) The price comes down and I'll adjust the roster.

As you can see the price gets reasonable quick, lets get some more on board for tue. & sat.

Boardski, we'll have 3 guys staying elsewhere (TBD) Wednesday-Friday, but we could probably move into the condo for Saturday night. I'll touch base with the rest of Team Portland and let you know.