Note to New Members ×

OT:Incredible Bicycle ride: Danny Macaskill

nils

I'm not a fan of RedBull's use of other's talent for making cash on a chemical brewage, but i have to recon sometimes it comes out with an incredible result with the help of the best BMX/MB/Trial bicycle rider on the planet: Danny Macaskill.

Nils

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw?fs=1&hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw?fs=1&hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

In contrast to some of the other big name bikers who are SO overexposed, we never see enough Danny. Or enough trials riding in general. Or amazing scenery like this.

I went to the Banff film festival a couple of years ago and saw this :

- Ryan Leech on the North Shore, riding a trail that was built for him and as far as I know, hasn't been ridden since. Just mindblowing. If I ever developed a tenth of that talent on a bike, I'd die happy. At the moment, I can't even stay on a foot high skinny.

Watching his videos has me really wanting to try out riding a trials bike and learning some tricks - It's like parkour/dance on a bike - amazing and beautiful. I'm thinking of trying it out next summer. Does anyone here do any trials riding?

I ride both bike and moto trials.... I got started to improve my offroad motorcycle riding skills and now I like it best.....

It is highly frustrating and rewarding at the same time.

I ride both bike and moto trials.... I got started to improve my offroad motorcycle riding skills and now I like it best.....

It is highly frustrating and rewarding at the same time.

I was looking at bikes briefly : looks like they're pretty expensive though not much more than a decent track bike. Any suggestions for a solid starter trials bike that I could get at a reasonable cost? I'd like to dip a few toes in and test the waters first before I dive in headlong.

I was looking at bikes briefly : looks like they're pretty expensive though not much more than a decent track bike. Any suggestions for a solid starter trials bike that I could get at a reasonable cost? I'd like to dip a few toes in and test the waters first before I dive in headlong.

I rode Urban trials on a Modded ProClass sized cruiser it worked and was fun. another choice would be to spend some time cruising the observed trials classifieds....lots of good things come up there.

on a semi related note I pulled my old Mongoose 24" out of the garage attic this afternoon and started putting it back together....mostly for a bit of DJ and local cruising but it's kinda cool to see how much I can assemble without spending a dime. I think all I need to buy is some nuts and bolts a rear brake, a chainring and a chain. Everything else I have in junk boxes

I rode Urban trials on a Modded ProClass sized cruiser it worked and was fun. another choice would be to spend some time cruising the observed trials classifieds....lots of good things come up there.

on a semi related note I pulled my old Mongoose 24" out of the garage attic this afternoon and started putting it back together....mostly for a bit of DJ and local cruising but it's kinda cool to see how much I can assemble without spending a dime. I think all I need to buy is some nuts and bolts a rear brake, a chainring and a chain. Everything else I have in junk boxes

Thanks! I'll start lurking around there.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Beta evo 300

large boulder

Lots of rocks around,  am making sections for a course, the area has the makings for a few champ lines,  there are three areas,  up high is a mix of small (rock garden)to medium size boulders,  in the middle are the medium sized boulders,  and down low at the bottom are about 15, around The size of LuLu,  some are bigger, just not as vertical.
  • Like 1