Note to New Members ×

Have you realesed what happened???

Bordy

have you released from the board what happened?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. have you released from the board what happened?

• I have never Released.
    • I have Released one foot and was fine, no biggy
    • I have Released one foot and was hurt.
    • I have Released from both feet and went for the body slide!
    • I have Released from both feet and was hurt.

I released front foot once on my first day out on plates/hbs (td2/suzukas). that was pretty scary, but ended up being fine.

clipped back in went down more conservatively, adjusted at the bottom of the hill. have never released since then.

Also released once on soft boots on rental gear (about 11-12 years ago when I first started), back foot. ratchet strap broke. I was also fine after.

I've had the levers pop on Burton bindings and had a few releases, slid along, no worries.

I took my Prior custom down a boardercross course once. Upon landing the first big jump, the front binding detached from the board (screws weren't long enough). That got my attention. No injury though.

I've had one release with the Cateks where I didn't have the heel located correctly.

No injuries from releases, but its a bit unnerving.

Paul

I've released from the rear foot once or twice in the spring on my first turn due to packed snow under my heels preventing my pins from engaging all the way. Going way slow so no biggie.

I once managed to yank my foot out of the rear boot (which was clearly not tight enough) back when I was riding burton MegaFlexes and a PJ6. That was pretty alarming.

Back in the early 14th century I ripped the rear foot out of my Avalanche Kick in softies more times than I care to count. No harm ever came of it.

About 15yrs ago, 186 nitro with plastic sims rotocants popped off both feet:eek: while on a steep bumpy chute at Alpental, I was almost stopped & left sitting on a bump watching the board take off without me. I had meant to tighten up the loosening bails:smashfrea, lesson learned.

3yrs ago at Schwietzer aired off a big rock and both bindings (nitro stepins) pulled out of the inserts on landing and stayed on my feet and the board left without me. I had swapped the binders to a board with extra glass topsheet and didn't bother to get longer bolts:smashfrea, lesson learned.

last year, steep bump run, nitro stepins toe block adjustment bolt broke but the heelpins stayed in so no problem to limp it to the shop.

Rear binding desintegrated on me once, mid carve, full speed (mild blue run). After washing out I managed to step onto the board and stop without injury, just sceared like hell.

I laso released from both bindings and got injured due to the impact to the bamboo pole of the fence. Release happened as the result of the impact.

I guess, I'll vote the "no injury" option.

At least 3 or 4 dozen times; almost always back foot.

These were the Emery/sno-pro days. I used to carry extra bails on the hill.

Never been hurt. Always able to just ride it out.

Since switching to modern bindings I have only come out twice in the last 15 years.

The last time I broke my leg (Tree;325's, race plates 1999) I didn't even come out!

I've released probably six or more times. I think it was mostly rear foot. 2 or maybe 3 times was breaking bails on Burton race plates. Another source of release was TD1 bail popping loose after a landing. Solved that by switching to Intec.

None of these resulted in anything remotely like an injury. It was a pain in the *ss getting down safely to the bottom after the broken bails though.

I'm not a particularly aggressive rider and never did any cartwheeling. When something feels squirrely, my first inclination is to drop on my hip, control the board, and slide to a stop.

I released back foot on a steep going hard into a toe side. Back foot got out in front, heel hit the snow as I fell forward and my foot went by my ear. Rode 4 more runs and it didnt hurt as long as I kept my knee bent. Medial collateral damage, out for 5 weeks. Old Rossi carbon race plates and Sb121s, didnt get the heel bail on the boot properly.

So far, lots of failures, no wrecks resulting in injury or in taking anyone else out.

I used to break burton bails, then I switched to TD's. Thought the TD's were indestructible. After having used my TD1s for many years I began to see failure on front bails. I replaced my front and rear bails on one set of my TD1's last year. Rode that pair with confidence last season. This year I have ordered another another set of bails for another of my sets of TD1's - after breaking another front bail on one of the older sets I was still using (thought that set was less well used, but it was obviously time to change out the bails).

Between my wife and I we have broken a lot of bails. My wife still rides burton race plates, but i make sure we change out the bails often.

Perhaps off of the subject some, but... If you are looking to buy used bindings - don't buy them unless you are going to replace the bails. Selling used bindings? Maybe not a good idea to pass along those old binders. something to consider

About 5 times, back foot (perseason) until this year previous when I devised a clip leash to keep it closed!

The sound of "PING!" haunts me and my ear is well trained to listen for it while riding.

Once I yardsaled so hard on the rentiger that I completely detatched and released when coming over a bhurm at high-speed and stomp/slapping the landing in a hard toe-side turn as I was a bit off center... THAT was scary, yet also hilarious because after I stopped sliding, I exclaimed outloud to myself " WTF JUST HAPPENED? WHAT WAS THAT?!" and the people on the lift were cheering for me and laughing too. One co-instructor came down the trail a few seconds later and said "that was the best wipeout I have ever seen!" then followed it up with "" uhmmmmm I mean are you OK"?

hahha, Good times !

I've been lucky. nothing broken, but a while lot of scrapes and bruises and a few hairy moments when my back leg was up doing the CAN-CAN dance above my chest as I one-foot-prayered myself to get it back down and on the stomp pad to a controlled slideout/stop.

Once, while riding switch, I carved a bit too hard and the toebails caught some springtime slop and opened up on me. It tossed me backwards as my board just stopped dead in its tracks, and then the leash that was attached to it brought it sailing thru the air at me! I clocked myself in the noggin with the board. I was wearin a brain-bucket so it saved me from what would have been a very nasty lump or gash on my forehead.

The best thing about carving.... 9.8 meters per second is a lot less painfull falling when we are already just a few inches off the ground ;)

front foot once cateks, back foot once in cateks.

the front foot was in burton boots and was from me switching boots and forgetting to adjust my bindings. the rear was in raichle 700s and I atribute that to a boot failure, the heel pad split at some point and I did not realize what was going on and when I came out a piece of the heel pad was wedged between the heel block and the bail.

burton race plates I came out of once on a day there was fresh wet snow that stuck to my boots and instead of clearing the back foot I just forced it closed. bad move. got ejected on the second turn.

do utter binding or board failures count? if so I have a few more. the clear blue burton physics I had a few pairs that I put a few runs on each before exploding spectacular double ejects. the worst part was having to fetch your board from the woods with bindings still on your feet.

I have had bails break as well as had burton physics release in the front.

tore out a burner riding td1s. tore out a factory prime on cateks.

Never popped out of intecs while riding, this is the main reason I have stayed with intec. even broken heels without a release.

to me the bottom line is most of the time if you release it's user error in one for or another. **** does happen but I strongly feel the majority of ejections that happen without a part failing are preventable I also am going to wager most people who break bails very often are doing something wrong as well.

I was on snow for at least a few runs a day during the season for 7 years and had only a couple ejections where nothing broke

one thing to note here for me was I was doing events and lifts in my hard boots. beat the ever living hell out of my gear in general, in line with what the gear of patrollers looks like after a season or two. it's not really fair holding my experiences up to the average end users because of the factor of abuse but it it does say volumes about the durability of intec despite what some people say.

About 15yrs ago, 186 nitro with plastic sims rotocants popped off both feet:eek: while on a steep bumpy chute at Alpental, I was almost stopped & left sitting on a bump watching the board take off without me. I had meant to tighten up the loosening bails:smashfrea, lesson learned.

3yrs ago at Schwietzer aired off a big rock and both bindings (nitro stepins) pulled out of the inserts on landing and stayed on my feet and the board left without me. I had swapped the binders to a board with extra glass topsheet and didn't bother to get longer bolts:smashfrea, lesson learned.

last year, steep bump run, nitro stepins toe block adjustment bolt broke but the heelpins stayed in so no problem to limp it to the shop.

Ah, come on...... the time on the lift doesn't count as a release?????? I think it should! hahahahaha

Anyway, I've never NEVER come out.... guess either I'm not heavy enough, don't ride aggressively enough, or don't have a big enough foot where the toe and heel bails aren't very far apart. I still even ride those old Burton Step-in and never came out of those either! The only problem with those is that it's hard sometimes at the end of the day to reach down and get that lever. Maybe one day I'll be rich and invest in some Intecs!!! :1luvu:

I've been lucky, I guess. Had a set of front inserts rip out going hard, but somehow managed no to break anything. Some muscular pain, but nothing to write home about. Had both (soft) bindings fall apart at once (possibly not at once, but it felt pretty instantaneous), I was fine there, too, and the board didn't take anyone else out on its uncontrolled race for the carpark, thank god.

I've had the odd front foot release on the lifts, like all of us. Leash FTW.

Whilst riding, I have *never* had a binding release through anything other than catastrophic failure. I tend to check my gear regularly (read: daily), though, I've bent the fsck out of the lighter weight snowpros (Twins, in particular, have very wimpy bails), anything looking bent or with fatigue cracks gets replaced stat.

Like Bob, I used to work on hardboots all day, every day, so I beat my equipment up pretty bad too. Can't do that now, changed resort and I'm *required* to ride skis. Bloody employer's insurers.

I've never released, with bindings from Burton, Fritschi, Burton again, those Sims things, and then F2s since they came out. But I'm no heavy-weight and I'm the sort of person who'd ride with my ski bindings on the smallest setting and have no trouble (this is not to say I don't ride hard: I'm just precise, I think).

The only thing I have which maybe is a "release" was when I blew my foot out through the side of the boot, breaking my ankle in the process. If the boot had held I guess I may have taken damage elsewhere anyway.